Los Santos Sheriff Department & County jail release

4 hours ago, Caracosa said:

Thinking realistically, this is an absolutely terrifying scenario for female characters.

IMO it also completely changes the culture of illegal RP, including at the street level, since many street gangs are linked culturally and politically to prison gangs. Tbh I have no idea how to RP this or approach it ICly.

4 hours ago, jop said:

I agree. However, isolating females (a very small minority which will be compared to the male population) will result in boredom and complete and utter isolation being felt on an out of character level — which isn't something good for anyone. If we kept female inmates in an opposite cell block, they'd get extremely bored and it'd be an extra deterrent. 

Approach it under the impression this is how it has always been. Don't role play an awkward dynamic of ''I'm not meant to be here'' or anything weird, because it'll make it even more awkward than it already is. Some scarifices just need to be made for the betterment of the server.

Honestly, I feel like the server actually doesn't lack in criminal female RPers.. Even if it does JTM dykes will make up for it lol.

But for real though, I feel like this issue is still easy to solve by either:

- Dividing one cellblock in half by a big fence instead of housing women and men in different cell blocks.
- Or at least put females in different cells than men and let them have different "yard-time" hours.

Question: Does this mean that the server eventually gets a correctional facility/prison as well in time? I honestly feel like people are really waiting for a place where they can roleplay their Prison gang characters for long term stay, so they can actually create a prison ecosystem with active players rather than low life criminals with short sentences which the police station is perfect for.

Don't get me wrong still very excited for this update and props for all of the hardwork!

Cool update.

But if I got it right, we are to disregard realism because of lack of female prisoners so we house men and women together?

That is in my opinion completely the wrong approach to take. Immersion is thrown out the window and realism will be very low and prison/jail RP will be "meh" if people share cells between the genders etc. Shouldn't lower our standards imo.

Edited by DanneBRE
  • Upvote 1

I agree with the post above , FM has always pushed for realism and at least in previous FM teams time the phrase being pushed was "Crime is sexist" which is true and illegal roleplay has always followed that and it's how crime is structured where it's insanely difficult for a female to break through in cirminal circles and get enough reputation to be respected etc and even then it's never really enough.

My point here is that you are expecting for people to completely disregard the dynamic that is currently set on the "outside" and while inside prison we should see it as normal where females and males are in one cell possibly.

This kind of scenario is either going to end up in  /b /pm "rape perms" and female's will just get abused to no end and female chars whill just end up logging out for the duration of their sentence or the prison becomes alternative reality where criminals suddenly have to change their whole rp and act diffierently inside prison and then change again on the outside.

Edited by shiroq

Having male and female inmates mixed is the only practical system for now. Perhaps it’s something they can change later but inmate intake is much larger than release meaning that the population is severely limited. Perhaps with the long sentences the population would be big enough to mix. Otherwise you’d have 5 male inmates roleplaying in one section and one, maybe two female in the other. It would damage the experience imo