Los Santos Sheriff Department & County jail release

2 minutes ago, jop said:

No due to feasibility and ease of role play. Women and men will be housed together, same with age.

Thinking realistically, this is an absolutely terrifying scenario for female characters.

IMO it also completely changes the culture of illegal RP, including at the street level, since many street gangs are linked culturally and politically to prison gangs. Tbh I have no idea how to RP this or approach it ICly.

2 minutes ago, Caracosa said:

Thinking realistically, this is an absolutely terrifying scenario for female characters.

IMO it also completely changes the culture of illegal RP, including at the street level, since many street gangs are linked culturally and politically to prison gangs. Tbh I have no idea how to RP this or approach it ICly.

I agree. However, isolating females (a very small minority which will be compared to the male population) will result in boredom and complete and utter isolation being felt on an out of character level — which isn't something good for anyone. If we kept female inmates in an opposite cell block, they'd get extremely bored and it'd be an extra deterrent. 

Approach it under the impression this is how it has always been. Don't role play an awkward dynamic of ''I'm not meant to be here'' or anything weird, because it'll make it even more awkward than it already is. Some scarifices just need to be made for the betterment of the server.

Edited by jop
11 minutes ago, jop said:

I agree. However, isolating females (a very small minority which will be compared to the male population) will result in boredom and complete and utter isolation being felt on an out of character level — which isn't something good for anyone. If we kept female inmates in an opposite cell block, they'd get extremely bored and it'd be an extra deterrent. 

Approach it under the impression this is how it has always been. Don't role play an awkward dynamic of ''I'm not meant to be here'' or anything weird, because it'll make it even more awkward than it already is. Some scarifices just need to be made for the betterment of the server.

half the prison rpers will either not acknowledge the womans existence or rp her as a transexual for realism purposes.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Patrick_Mahoney said:

half the prison rpers will either not acknowledge the womans existence or rp her as a transexual for realism purposes.

That's the kind of mindset we want to avoid. They'll roleplay with each car once or twice. You can't ignore someone's roleplay. We're not being absurd and we understand it's a sacrifice the same way it's a sacrifice to run services such as parole out of LSSD. The entire system is a compromise but we're focusing on accurately portraying a county jail. We'll accommodate concepts and we hope there's going to be a compromise to it but all we ask is that you're actually not disregarding them as trannies or anything alike, it's unfortunate but it's a dynamic we're endorsing.

This is aided by the fact that we're not roleplaying Men's Central. You'll have both men and women portraying line deputies.

Edited by liq