[LSNN] A December review on court and government news!

LSNN

VXRyE0l.png

Welcome to our somewhat delayed December review! We have so many cases to cover so we won't do them all, just list what has happened and provide a link to the case on PACER. We're now happy to confirm we're in discussions with the LSFD and LSPD to do a few interviews to see what they have planned for 2020 and a few extra bits for you! I hope everyone has a great 2020 and let's make it a good one for journalism. We'll try and be a bit faster for the January edition! 

In progress civil lawsuits

Plaintiff: Andrew Baker

Defendant: Los Santos Police

Judge: Juliet Pierce 

Details: LSPD is accused of gross negligence for failing to upheld their duties. News thread about it. 

Judgement: TBA

Completed Civil Lawsuits

Plaintiff: Cross Capital LLC

Defendant: Nicolas Maresca

Judge: Noah Breckenridge

Details: Defendant was accused of failing to repay a loan and failure to inform or remain in contact with the Plantiff, never turned up to court

Judgement: $70'000 to Kerrigan Associates for legal fees, collateral of a house, 43A Sandcastle Way Floor 1, Room 1, $130'000 in damages.

Criminal Division

Unfortunately, there is way too many criminal suits for me to even review in a timely manner so I'll be listing the ones that was completed and finalized and provide pdf documents for your own personal review. 
[CF 011-19] State of San Andreas v. David Campos [GUILTY]

[CF 014-19] State of San Andreas v. Dustin Wrightstown [GUILTY] (One charge dismissed)

[CF 016-19] State of San Andreas v. Carlo Diamanti [GUILTY]
[CF 018-19] State of San Andreas v. Maurice Hedgins [GUILTY] (Charge modified to Grand Theft)
[CF 015-19] State of San Andreas v. Brittany Zhou [GUILTY]
[CF 009-19] State of San Andreas v. Richard Chau [GUILTY]
[CF 020-19] State of San Andreas v. Vondell Larkson [GUILTY] (Changed of plea during pre-trial)
[CF 019-19] State of San Andreas v. Rodney Werner [DROPPED]

Law modifications

There has been one law modification made in December.

"Clarified 404. Speeding on highways, county roads, and city roads to provide clearer definitions on traffic speeding violations."

NEW 404. Speeding (I) Any person(s) at all times - on official state, county, or local roads of any scale - drivers must maintain a maximum speed of 90 MP/H on highways, 75 MP/H on county roads outside of Los Santos, and 60 MP/H on roads within Los Santos.

Drivers must use fair judgement when driving on roads with adjusted conditions (such as closed, unpaved, slick, and damaged roads). Shall be liable under a Class C offense only, and a fine under the following criteria: $2,500 fine $5,000 fine $7,500 fine + Impounding of Vehicle + 3 Day Suspension of License

Note: Speeding over 30MPH+ shall be automatically classified as Reckless Driving

If you feel like providing a donation, you can by clicking on this link paypal.me/callieP ((/banktransfer $ Callie Palencia))

Edited by LSNN
  • LSNN changed the title to [LSNN] A December review on court and government news!
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic