The decision to not allow "Looking for work: ads.

Individuals are capable of examining "Job Offers" through the "Job Offers" list in their "Inventory" button. I had found three jobs, on one character, through that mechanism. I've hired four people, on another character, as they drank a beer and requested for some work at the counter. The effort that was used to fulfill either of those tasks? Minimal... very minimal. 

I've even attained two jobs by asking people on Facebrowser on another character within a matter of a day.

it's unnecessary when you have a multitude of mediums to attain work.

Edited by DLimit
On 1/24/2020 at 1:00 PM, DLimit said:

Individuals are capable of examining "Job Offers" through the "Job Offers" list in their "Inventory" button. I had found three jobs, on one character, through that mechanism. I've hired four people, on another character, as they drank a beer and requested for some work at the counter. The effort that was used to fulfill either of those tasks? Minimal... very minimal. 

I've even attained two jobs by asking people on Facebrowser on another character within a matter of a day.

The same logic could be applied to personal ads for people buying or selling their cars, or any personal ad for that matter. You can use the IC forums, Facebrowser general posts, Facebrowser market, word of mouth, etc. However, vehicle ads are allowed in-game. I would argue it's unnecessary to allow those ads as well then.

Edited by Scaramouche
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 7:00 PM, DLimit said:

The problem is that the person posting the job offer has to be online for them to receive any response. People should be able to find work easily ingame without the use of external platforms. ads are literally the only way right now. I'd personally like to see either this silly rule removed (or altered to meet a fair middle ground, why is this so hard to do?), or have the ingame job ad platform reworked to a version where people looking for a job get just as much exposure as any other advertiser on the server 

Edited by Raindance

We all know when people say “18yo female looking for work” or “18yo female looking for a room mate” it’s just someone trying to erp or sell prostitution.

Your suggestion to make ads toggable is also a terrible one. You can never get away from advertising irl. And being able to tog ads will just result in businesses having like 50% less people going to them.

I am the type of person who would tog adds off if it was a feature, but I don’t want it to be one as then if someone posts an interesting ad I might miss it.

1 hour ago, Raindance said:

The problem is that the person posting the job offer has to be online for them to receive any response. People should be able to find work easily ingame without the use of external platforms. ads are literally the only way right now. I'd personally like to see either this silly rule removed (or altered to meet a fair middle ground, why is this so hard to do?), or have the ingame job ad platform reworked to a version where people looking for a job get just as much exposure as any other advertiser on the server 

Is one familiar with the "Job Listings" system, which allows players to access the phone numbers of several dozen businesses that are searching for employees? It's in the inventory section when you press "I".

42 minutes ago, Shekh said:

I am the type of person who would tog adds off if it was a feature, but I don’t want it to be one as then if someone posts an interesting ad I might miss it.

I'm pretty sure you can already toggle ads by doing /toggleads or something of the sort.

As for allowing people to advertise looking for a job, I think it should be allowed again. I know the rule was put into place to stop all the "girl looking for girl roommate" type ads, and those could probably still be restricted if they're that much of a problem. Either way it feels as if it's restricting possible roleplay for people not to be allowed to post any (non trolly) ads.

4 hours ago, DLimit said:

Is one familiar with the "Job Listings" system, which allows players to access the phone numbers of several dozen businesses that are searching for employees? It's in the inventory section when you press "I".

Yeah but those job requests won't be received if the poster of the job offer is offline. Next to that the "Business job offers" don't even work, there's no command to review your current job offers or remove/edit them at all and the list is clogged with outdated job offers. It really needs some work if they expect people to use that. 

Edited by Raindance
  • Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Why not just use the forum section created for ads like this? Or just the job listing system, I don't get what the problem is. They obviously don't want you to use the IG ad system for these types of ads. 

Using the same logic, why are vehicle ads allowed? They have a forum section too. Business ads? Also has a forum section. Property ads? Also has a forum section. Might as well just not use the IG system for anything. It’s poor and inconsistent logic to single out just that form of advertisement when others are allowed. 

The job listing system is also outdated and not monitored very often. Old jobs on there aren’t cleared out. It’s a huge mess. There’s not even an organized IG method for a business to check if there are any responses or even receive offers from potential job applicants unless you are online to receive an call from that interested applicant.

Edited by Logic