Legit character name or no?

Shaderz

So recently I created a new character under the name of Heaven Leigh and I thought I would be fine, I mean these are both pretty common and legitimate names and you might probably agree to that too. It's nothing made up in a troll way like "Daisy Mirollin" which I've seen once before ("they see me rolling" for those who didn't get it).

However, I came across some people that private-messaged me in-game and jokingly made fun of it because apparently it matches with the word "heavenly". I thought to myself that was a brilliant coincidence and that could be used for some fun in-character interactions but that was pretty much it. Nothing out of the ordinary. I happened to be right and not long after, I have met a guy who made the exact same joke. And it was fine, I even laughed.

The problem arose when I was approached by an admin who claimed that it was a comical name and not long after that, I was indefinitely admin-jailed until I had a new free of charge name change. I strongly believe it shouldn't be changed and I was even approached by some people who agreed with me and said it was fine. 

But I have created this thread in order to find out what you guys think of it. Considering that there are countless people whose name is Heaven Leigh in real life, and both names are perfectly legal, is the name change really necessary? Do you think it's a troll name just because it matches with a word that happens to be in the English dictionary? Is this over-enforcement of the rules? Should it be changed even though the player behind it roleplays the character and its name seriously?

Keep in mind I'm not trying to protest against any admins or call them out for it. I am at this point trying to get the name back. This thread was made merely to get inputs and (different/same) interpretations on the matter from you guys so we can hopefully prevent similar situations from taking place in the future.

• KV locked this topic

Hi,

Unfortunately, we have to keep a strict stance on these sort of names and do our best to outline these restrictions in our rules and applications process. You have to understand that while there may be 'Heaven Leighs' in the real-world, there's also tons of Bill Gates' and Steve Jobs'. To protect the integrity of the gamemode, we have to remain strict on these issues -- if we make an exception for you, someone else will also expect an exception & it'll cause immediate issues.

This was discussed with you at length, and if you have an issue -- feel free to follow the avenues given to you to appeal the decision.