Using lore buildings for non lore activities

zaXer.

What do you think about that? 

For example, someone buys the Last Train dinner and makes it a club, whereas obviously the lore idea is to be a restaurant. 

Or if someone buys a business that has signs outside of it stating a name, but the owner advertises the place as something else (ex. Cool Beans get marketed as Jack's Bar, where obviously the exterior states Cool Beans) 

I'd prefer it if somebody actually matched their business exterior with it's exterior, but if they bought the business they should be free to do as they please. I'd strongly oppose any policy that limits one's ability to enjoy their own property the way they see fit within reason. 

hold on i dont understand, so it's ok for me to set a full blown club @ an exterior that literally looks and is meant to be a restaurant?

thats like me buying a house in rancho and furnishing it like a house in the hills (and then driving the price up cuz when u sell it)

stuff like that is literally common sense n it ruins the atmosphere

• Upvote 2

I think that so long as there's no major discrepancies in terms of the size of the building vs the interior, people should be allowed to turn it into whatever they want. On LSRP for instance, "Grotti" was a nightclub yet in lore terms, I think Grotti is a car manufacturer. Didn't really bother anyone though. 

20 hours ago, eTaylor said:

I'd prefer it if somebody actually matched their business exterior with it's exterior, but if they bought the business they should be free to do as they please. I'd strongly oppose any policy that limits one's ability to enjoy their own property the way they see fit within reason. 

This.

Common sense that the role play should match the environment. For instance, If a store has a huge sign signifying it is a coffee shop, or a random store, but on the inside it is a nightclub, it creates a slightly weird, un-needed dynamic that damages immersion and the game universe.

I understand that a buyer has free reign on their purchase, but once again, common sense (and the idea to match the environment, same with gangs, legal factions and so forth) should be used to ensure immersion and realism is taken forward. I don't like the idea of a mix in completely opposite avenues of role play in one spot.

Edited by jop
  • Upvote 1

I don't even know if this is possible just yet, but just a thought for anyone to consider or encourage. If it's really such a big deal, I'm sure exteriors of buildings could be modded/retextured to suit whatever brand you have in mind. Such an opportunity would be great, but whether it'd be put into action lies solely in Management's hands. It'd be nice to drift away from the GTA V lore in regards to businesses, I'm sure people want to see unique names, brands, etc. Anyway, that's just some food for thought. Personally, I'd love the modding team to be able to perfectly work on requests made by businesses owners if they wish the exterior of the building they own worked on.

Edited by Justitiae