Syncing the /weather with LA weather

Illusory

Hello,

I was wondering if switching the output for the /weather command to show the weather in LA would be something people would want? Right now it's significantly colder on average than it is in LA from day to day.

Here's the difference at the time of this post:

IG: image.png.299b005e5a6c18c6fa43d6da01d58b0b.png

Los Angeles: 

image.png.83734ce2e112740e72345160a501a435.png

I just feel like having the temperature sync would allow for a better LA-type vibe in terms of character outfits and RP around temperature/etc

• Upvote 1

Yes please. I thought the initial reason for /weather was to sync it to LA, when it actually snowed, but the temperatures closely match some parts of Europe instead.

The temperature on the server has been far lower than it has been anywhere in LA and surrounding areas, unless you're in the mountains, far outside the city.

Edited by Havana

There’s no reason this shouldn’t be implemented. The game’s setting has palm trees and beaches. The climate is clearly meant to Mirror Los Angeles.

Even if it’s been said that the weather on the server isn’t currently meant to be in sync with LA, I think it should be made so

Big big big +1.

The temperature is set to the minimum of Los Angeles' one during winter and it'll stay that way as we want players to roleplay winter season properly. As for the weather, it is not synced with Los Angeles as we already tried it in the past and it was always the same weather value ingame (cloudy). We roleplay a different geographical position than LA, we'll soon put a thread up to explain that.