Taxes

Ice7rius

We need less of them. Yes they're cute and realistic but once you pass the newbie stage on the server there's no chance for you to earn the same decent amount of money as before. Working will end up being a waste of time. People are too busy grinding for money to buy the house/car they desire before it skyrockets in price (already happened), instead of roleplaying with others like they're supposed to on a rp server. Paychecks need to stay somehow too. Either keep them or lower them but don't completely remove them when reaching a certain point?? If you increase taxes and remove paychecks atleast make the jobs worth doing too. Balance income and taxes. At the moment it's just taxes and prices growing. Don't really see a point in working hard to get something if you'll either lose it because of high taxes, low income jobs, no paychecks or you'll end up getting stuck with it having no possibility of getting more.

• Upvote 1

I somewhat agree. Unless you grind/spend 10 hours a day in-game and are lucky enough to get a house for MP when they implement them, you're gonna be stuck grinding your ass for a house/car. Yeah, you can argue with the "roleplay and get the money IC". Nobody buys that shit, nobody's gonna get any money working IC if there's no real income for companies or businesses aswell. This is a loophole.

It’s pretty stupid that taxes are skyrocketing, the cap for assets stays at the same price while cars and houses are raising loads in price. If there’s loads of taxes, there should be some kind of interests gained too with the money you have in the bank or what not, realism has to come from two ways, not just the ‘bad’ tax site.

2 hours ago, Ice7rius said:

We need less of them. Yes they're cute and realistic but once you pass the newbie stage on the server there's no chance for you to earn the same decent amount of money as before. Working will end up being a waste of time. People are too busy grinding for money to buy the house/car they desire before it skyrockets in price (already happened), instead of roleplaying with others like they're supposed to on a rp server. Paychecks need to stay somehow too. Either keep them or lower them but don't completely remove them when reaching a certain point?? If you increase taxes and remove paychecks atleast make the jobs worth doing too. Balance income and taxes. At the moment it's just taxes and prices growing. Don't really see a point in working hard to get something if you'll either lose it because of high taxes, low income jobs, no paychecks or you'll end up getting stuck with it having no possibility of getting more.

I don't mean any offense but it seems you haven't actually read into the current system at all. Number one, you still get a paycheck of 250 dollars after 40 hours of game-play or you hit the asset wealth marker (150,000 I believe). Number two, from what I can get from your suggestion you are implying you want the general pop to be able to accumulate money rather easily without actual effort and then claim that it will encourage role-play if we all got money. I totally disagree there, by making grinding jobs less rewarding than in the past you encourage players to seek other forms of income, role-play. The server is in it's early access stage and many systems are not fully implemented including the new money/economic system, so this post is rather irrelevant and jumps to conclusions before we've even experienced the new incoming system, which is another reason I don't support it. Finally, you claim prices have skyrocketed, but I have no idea what that means in terms of taxes. Right now cars have already been lowered at the dealership, so those prices have gone down. House prices are at a fair 50,000-70,000 dollar range from what I've seen and after about 25-35 hours of game-play that's totally in reach of any player if he manages his money well. 

To be totally honest, this post to me seems like a cry to make things easier and unrealistic. In servers like LSRP and every other server, we had an extremely inflated economy, people would throw out millions at a whim. What we're trying to do here is bring a real sandbox element to role-play by making it more difficult to reach goals like being a millionaire, while making the middle class attainable by anyone who puts in more than 60 hours. I don't agree that the taxes should be taken away, or large amounts of free money should be given out indefinitely every hour, simply because it inspires no competition. By the devs trying to realistically create an economic system, they are taking a new approach that has never been done in any other server. Give it a chance before saying it doesn't work, it's not even in yet and this post is up. This is something I'd suggest bringing up six months after implementation so we could properly discuss the effects of the system that is to come. 

1 hour ago, Davis said:

House prices are at a fair 50,000-70,000 dollar range from what I've seen and after about 25-35 hours of game-play that's totally in reach of any player if he manages his money well. 

House prices in mirror park are atleast 155k+, most of them 220k. Some cars prices have been raised by over 150k or an average of 100k while some of them do have been lowered, but not by much. The houses in grove street are considered low range and they aswell cost around 95k if I'm not mistaken. It's no big deal that some of them rise in price, but the cap of where the paycheck gets reduced or even completely removed should be raised aswell then since it's way easier to accumulate an asset wealth of 150k with the raise of car prices/house prices. Sure it's also nice that it's not like LSRP but some prices of basic things are just ridiculously expensive for the time needed to grind. Also almost no one really has any non scripted job offers or any proper ways to earn money without scrips in this stage of the game, so it's actually pretty hard to gain any money without scripts from my experience. If this gets fixed or there's more to do as non scripted jobs it'd be fine. Also once you hit 400k assets, the 80% 'welfare' tax seems to be way too much aswell which someone also said on another topic.

• Upvote 1

Vehicle prices and house prices are an issue separate from the tax system. Keep it on topic. Some people disagree with the vehicle price hikes as much as you do (myself included). Moreover, even summing up the top two prices you bring up, $220,000 + $150,000 you still end up under the wealth tax cap with $30,000 in wiggle room for you to use as you please for your spending.

None of the price increases are player-caused. It's all an administrative decision to prevent the server as a whole from burning out economically and I firmly believe the prices will start dropping as the upkeep & vehicle maintenance systems get implemented.

Moreover, the lack of non-script jobs you mention is about to be fixed by the new government contracts legislation. Hell, you can even affect that process IC by interacting with your councilman. It will create the initial layer of wealth redistribution and close the cycle - that, plus the taxes we see will lead to money circulating throughout the community. From there it's up to you to find ways of putting enough of the stream into your pockets to satisfy your character's lifestyle choices.

Final note - the roleplay jobs will not take off until we all don't come together and acknowledge it's the way to go and begin supporting each others' roleplay efforts. It's a community building exercise as much as it is an economic policy. That's why spending is incentivized and hoarding is punished.

Edited by AVRO DANKASTER
  • Upvote 1

^ what you say would work in real life and maybe on a server with good number of players but not on a RP server where there are about 80(?) average players. You can twist it and mix it how you want with that RL economical policy, its not going to work here. Most jobs that people do IRL won't get any money here on the server for the players that would do them.

2 hours ago, Alonzo. said:

^ what you say would work in real life and maybe on a server with good number of players but not on a RP server where there are about 80(?) average players. You can twist it and mix it how you want with that RL economical policy, its not going to work here. Most jobs that people do IRL won't get any money here on the server for the players that would do them.

People that share your mindset shaped the LSRP economy for years. Would you prefer that end result?

The system you're addressing hasn't even gotten off of the ground yet, some of the scripts are still in a work-in-progress, and I'm anxiously waiting for our appointed government to address their part of the equation. Should the economic experiment we're conducting here fail, the blame can rest squarely on the shoulders of me and the others who share my hopes.

Call me radical, but this is the system I believe is the best option for actual roleplay development of the community, and if you'd like to discuss the economic theory behind it, be my guest. Stating "It's just not going to work here" is, frankly, beyond the level of discussion we should consider constructive.

Let me restate it clearly - the system is designed to punish grinding and incentivize roleplay jobs. I can not force anyone to buy into the system and start participating, let alone helping build it. All of my posts have a simple goal - planting a seed of doubt in your mind and at least have you try to participate in the economic system we're pushing for instead of dismissing it outright.

Edited by AVRO DANKASTER
  • Davis locked this topic