Poor performance - RTX 2060, Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GB RAM

pateuvasiliu

2 minutes ago, zUgg zUgg said:

Downgrading your driver is free, fast and super easy.

It would mean I can't play RDR2 properly, nor any new games that will show up. Not willing to do it. The last NVidia driver improved the game's performance by 10-15% on my PC. You're asking me to downgrade to drivers from before RDR2 even launched, which I assume would make it unplayable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I went into Story and I'm getting 90+ FPS at all times with almost everything maxed ( MSAA x8 and all that good shit ). This is definitely not a Driver issue like the earlier suggestions, it's a Rage issue.

On GTAW if I crank the settings to the same level I'm dropping under 60 around South LS.

update: logged on GTAW at 3 AM server time, 169 people on. FPS was fine. It's when there are 250+ on that performance goes down a lot.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
6 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

I went into Story and I'm getting 90+ FPS at all times with almost everything maxed ( MSAA x8 and all that good shit ). This is definitely not a Driver issue like the earlier suggestions, it's a Rage issue.

On GTAW if I crank the settings to the same level I'm dropping under 60 around South LS.

update: logged on GTAW at 3 AM server time, 169 people on. FPS was fine. It's when there are 250+ on that performance goes down a lot.

Hopefully 1.1 fixes some performance issues. 

It's rage, in general.

I too have strongly decreased FPS in gta;w.
Five:M had kept my FPS stable, very close to what I get on SP.
SP has obviously the best results.

To sum it up for you.. No, it's not your drivers, it's the client. Sure, there has been something said by Nvidia themselves that the game crashes occasionally with their update, but that itself tells you what happens and what doesn't. The issue they pointed out was that the game crashes, not that you lose FPS and I've only had one crash which was actually on GTA;W which has me blaming the scripts having given me some sort of an error instead of the drivers to be honest. If you tried a Five:M server, you would see that your FPS is likely very stable, close to what you'd expect and that's because their client is much more stable and refined. Yes, the other issue is that the FPS does indeed go down the more people are on the server, they don't even need to be rendered for it to cause an issue, your graphics card still has to prepare itself to render each character and vehicle which can hog resources on top of the already hogged resources for the client game itself - if you haven't noticed, the quality of everything is lower on rage servers, compared to single player (this is in fact why some servers don't allow high number playerbases).

TLDR; It's the client..

GTA 5 is horrible on systems.... I am on a pretty solid streaming rig... Asus ROG Hero Crosshair VIII board, Ryzen 7 3800x, and a 2070 Super fed by 64 gigs of corsair platinum vengence ram...

If I leave GTA up, not only so my FPS become subpar, but my temps reach 150-160 F without any clocking what so ever... these are FULL CPU load temps, not /left gta tabbed all day afk/ temps..

Funny thing is it started like.. 3 days ago.. my gaming room literally was smoking hot.

• Bash locked this topic