Poor performance - RTX 2060, Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GB RAM

pateuvasiliu

I believe I identified the issue. I played today and had an average 120 FPS around Pillbox Hill with 100 people on. As of right now, 3 hours later, there's 220 and my FPS went down to 90.

Which... doesn't really make sense to me, as the extra 100 players aren't rendered on my screen at all times. But I didn't change anything in those 3 hours.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
8 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

I believe I identified the issue. I played today and had an average 120 FPS around Pillbox Hill with 100 people on. As of right now, 3 hours later, there's 220 and my FPS went down to 90.

Which... doesn't really make sense to me, as the extra 100 players aren't rendered on my screen at all times. But I didn't change anything in those 3 hours.

I notice the same. 

On 1/3/2020 at 3:05 PM, pateuvasiliu said:

My game doesn't crash, the FPS is poor compared to weeks ago. 

I don't even think I installed a new driver since.

image.png

Sounds like a driver issue, my dude. Probably should fully read these replies next time.

16 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Just now, dodGE said:

image.png

Sounds like a driver issue, my dude. Probably should fully read these replies next time.

20 minutes ago, dodGE said:

ounds like a driver issue, my dude. Probably should fully read these replies next time.

It's not really a driver issue, because GTAO doesn't have 222 players. Sounds like a RAGE issue.

Even if it was the former, I'm not going to go back half a year of graphic drivers just for GTAW. I wouldn't be able to play other games properly.

Edited by pateuvasiliu

Unfortunately this is the nature of the beast. If everyone coded perfectly I'd be unemployed.

1 - If it was a Rage MP issue it would effect everyone the same, correct?
2 - The manufacture of the video card specifically noted it causes issues with the specific game you are trying to load.

Again, you SPECIFICALLY stated this doesn't affect you elsewhere..

3 - Downgrading your driver is free, fast and super easy. All else fails you remove it and go back to the most current, up to you if you want to pursue this. I've got 15 years in the field and I can tell you troubleshooting involves doing shit you don't always want to but it often is the key to solving the problem at hand.   No point in trying to skip steps or do something half-assed if you want any solid results.

• Bash locked this topic