Poor performance - RTX 2060, Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GB RAM

pateuvasiliu

RTX 2060 is made for 1080p gameplay at 60+ MHz. It's the go-to GPU for 144 MHz 1080p monitors. I don't know where you got the idea that you need something better. RTX 2070 and 2080 are absolute overkills at 1080p.

If a game from 2014 isn't running at higher than 60 fps on such a card the game is optimised like shit.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
3 hours ago, shiroq said:

I do get up to 100 fps but i dont see a point to run more than 60 especially when in some custom interiors you get a drop below that amount. Playing games on 100 fps vs 60 fps unless you have a higher hz monitor there is no real difference and it only becomes choppy if the fps drops between 100-60 or less. Steady 60 fps is better than 60-100 with random drops

lol, there is a difference. your monitor refresh rate (hz) measures the amount of times a second the screen updates. however, having high fps means that the image is newer, as the most recently rendered frame is shown, decreasing latency. better fps = less input lag, it's definitely noticeable. 

Back on track to fixing the dudes problem;

I recommend you do a clean install of your video drivers and get a previous version from the manufacture. I've found checking the subreddit of nvidia tends to point out flaws and bugs.

Display Driver Uninstaller -  https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Clean removal and reboot should be fine.

Nvidia Drivers - https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

Nvidia Subreddit 

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/e8rp7e/game_ready_driver_44166_faqdiscussion/

Edited by zUgg zUgg
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

I play other games as well, reverting to a previous driver is not ideal. 

Even going back a version or two isn't going to cause significant frame loss or issues. I recommend you give it a shot regardless as I have a feeling that may be your main issue, if not we can move onto something different. 

38 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

RDR2 already runs like crap, without Nvidia's drivers made for it it'll be worse. I'm not downgrading drivers.

RDR2 runs fine on my rig and it's a lot older than yours. Weird!

Just checking, but have you tried playing without MSAA in GTA5/RDR2? MSAA absolutely kills framerate.

Edited by dodGE
44 minutes ago, dodGE said:

Just checking, but have you tried playing without MSAA in GTA5/RDR2? MSAA absolutely kills framerate.

I use optimised for RDR2 and it runs 60+ just fine but without MSAA it looks pretty bad. And in GTA 5 it doesn't seem to make a difference.

It's pretty clear that my FPS is not an issue of my computer because if I raise/lower the settings nothing changes. 

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Bash locked this topic