Poor performance - RTX 2060, Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GB RAM

pateuvasiliu

1 hour ago, pateuvasiliu said:

For a week or two I'm noticing significant FPS drops that I cannot explain. Even as I crank down the settings it's like the game wants to go towards 60 and even drops below sometimes.

My PC should definitely be able to pull more than that. 

Different specs but

I’ve gotten the same, I’ve dropped my settings to the lowest and it won’t go over 62 FPS when in game. 

I had a lot better performance a few weeks ago. 

38 minutes ago, Westen said:

Is your game on a HDD or SSD?

SSD, both Rage and GTA.

I want to point out my benchmarks are generally pretty solid so it's not faulty hardware either.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/22705363?fbclid=IwAR0o-rUWReSdLhQLHEHg62ggXwvlhOr--StYgRt65xndYQUh0Qr8RrJg4Jw

VSync is off both in GTA 5 itself and in Nvidia Control Panel.

Using Maximum Performance in Windows/NCP and High performance on Texture Filtering in NCP.

I used to get constant >100, so I'm guessing this is some new patch fucking up.

Edited by pateuvasiliu

What speed is your ram. I assume it’s DDR4 (I hope it is too). How much space is left on your boot drive and ssd with the game on. What are your temps after a period of playing. When was the last time you replaced your thermal paste. How many programs do you have open when playing

3 hours ago, Marksman said:

What speed is your ram.

Varies based on OC but I find performance to be poor regardless of whether it's at 2166 or 3200.

How much space is left on your boot drive and ssd with the game on

100+ GB

What are your temps after a period of playing

Nothing outstanding. Low 60s for the CPU, low 70s for the GPU.

When was the last time you replaced your thermal paste

Never but this isn't a heat issue. My CPU is well within safe ranges, temperature wise.

How many programs do you have open when playing

Usually just Google Chrome, Teamspeak, Discord and a benchmark program ( MSI Afterburn crashes Rage so I use FPS Monitor )

It is, in fact, a well-known issue that came together with the latest NVidia graphics drivers. It was already addressed, yet no solution is present after approximately three weeks. ( While my secondary PC running 1060 6gb, 8gb ram, i7-6700 has no problem, I had serious FPS problems with RTX 2060, 16gb, i7-7700k )

Edited by chapetekila
  • Bash locked this topic