All-In-One Advertisements

akari

1 hour ago, wickedsource said:

Just skimmed through the responses, but a suggestion would be to add a trade/sell thing on your phone and completely remove the ads coming from chat-window. Something like Etsy/Ebay/Amazon-whatever. 

Sorry if anyone already suggested this.

Facebrowser marketplace does exist and I wish it would be utilized more - especially in regards to personal sales.

5 minutes ago, akari said:

Facebrowser marketplace does exist and I wish it would be utilized more - especially in regards to personal sales.

That could be an idea if it were developed more-.. Maybe into it's own "app". But as of now it's way too wonky for it to be efficient, plus not everyone wants to use Facebrowser.

I agree on the chat getting cluttered by ads and I don't like it. But I think getting the ads into one place. A simple list you can scroll through. Maybe add in some tags if you're looking for something special.

Edited by wickedsource
3 hours ago, wickedsource said:

That could be an idea if it were developed more-.. Maybe into it's own "app". But as of now it's way too wonky for it to be efficient, plus not everyone wants to use Facebrowser.

I agree on the chat getting cluttered by ads and I don't like it. But I think getting the ads into one place. A simple list you can scroll through. Maybe add in some tags if you're looking for something special.

Yeah, they should implant a command like /adslist or so, It would be much better than the constant spam on your screen.

3 hours ago, wickedsource said:

A SAMP server I was staff on did have something like that - ads were brought up in a list with a command. You could still post priority ads (one that showed up in chat) but they cost significantly more than posting on the regular list. Just an idea i’ll toss out for anyone lurking the thread?

But on a general note, after a few days of mulling this over I’m realizing this doesnt bother me nearly as much as it did when I made this thread while grumpy and sleep-deprived. Still trying to figure out what I meant by “asset flexing”. And another good point was brought up - I’m so used to the three minute timer that I didn’t even consider that most people have a twenty minute timer. My opinions on cross-selling cars/houses in the same ad and the state of car flip rp (tho not really relevant to OP) still stand, though?

Ads are done that way because it's efficient and it gets things moving. The vast majority of the population doesn't take sales personal and it's more of a means to get to the end they want, especially for one swapping characters and for example getting rid of the old assets.

Think you're reading too much into it. If you don't like ads then you can disable them. Only reason why there's a lot placed in one line's because it's efficient that way considering how the system currently works - one can post an ad every 20 minutes unless they're constantly getting donator status active. This applies for both personal and company ads while business ones are donator only. Establishments are very reliant on live, in-game fed ads to even be able to survive.

One thing that grinds my gears here since it seems the discussion's shifted is having to be a donator to put business ads. That's just ass backwards for any business owner ever. Take it from a guy that keeps getting gold for the past 5 months to keep a garage going. If at least one could get business ads to be a specific perk that costs less or make it cost more in terms of IC currency, it'd be helpful and it'd help businesses flourish in the right direction.

Classifieds on the forum need to be taken more seriously too. FB's good but not everybody uses FB. An exchange/for sale site separately could be good but tedious at the same time.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, liq said:

One thing that grinds my gears here since it seems the discussion's shifted is having to be a donator to put business ads. That's just ass backwards for any business owner ever. Take it from a guy that keeps getting gold for the past 5 months to keep a garage going. If at least one could get business ads to be a specific perk that costs less or make it cost more in terms of IC currency, it'd be helpful and it'd help businesses flourish in the right direction.

Classifieds on the forum need to be taken more seriously too. FB's good but not everybody uses FB. An exchange/for sale site separately could be good but tedious at the same time.

This is a very good point - I’d say the entire /bad system could use a rework, tying it to business members rather than donator status - But as someone who isn’t involved in staffing here, I don’t want to hound about it since I don’t really know how much is in progress behind the scenes.

And yes, I’d much rather have people actually use classifieds on FB rather than a whole separate website - If not that, the ad list suggestion we were talking about up there would also work pretty well.