All-In-One Advertisements

akari

13 minutes ago, Zane_Field said:

Minimal level RP?  You keep saying this, how do you know how long it takes for them to flip those cars? I've seen Ralph Lorenzo with the same set of cars for the last week.... 

Their RP follows suit of a real life role.. They advertise their assets, and the RP I've seen from them is right where it needs to be...

Your elaborations are just a bunch of words suggesting that people do not buy and flip cars, houses, goats, sheep's, dogs, chickens... FOR NOTHING BUT PROFIT.

I guess people shouldn't be able to own car dealerships, or profit from selling their vehicles... And to top it off, we should limit the amount of vehicles you can sell overall... Is that what we are looking for? All because some guy hunts for deals on vehicles and houses and turns around and profits 5-50K?

Comical, to say the least.

This is ridiculous. Let's take everything said in the OP and take it to its absolute extreme.

No one has an issue if someone wants to run a car dealership. In fact, that's preferable to what this post is originally complaining about.

There should be more car dealerships. Also, like real life, people should take advantage of FB marketplace and the for sale section on the forums for flipping purposes if they must do it. Beats seeing the /ad in game every twenty minutes, I'll say that much.

And I think that it's fairly obvious that a lot of the RP that comes from the people "flipping for profit" is minimal and uninteresting.

6 hours ago, Zane_Field said:

I get what your saying.. I am just refusing to acknowledge assumptions. I know one specific "wheeler n' dealer" who is very detailed in his RP of the cars he buys and sells... And I've yet to sell a vehicle to anyone that hasn't given some sort of RP pertaining to the condition of the vehicle, mileage etcetera. 

Ultimately, your flagging the fact that someone may or may not be roleplaying to a standard that you have magically set... Because as far as the quick purchase and sell of vehicles, regardless of their condition, well that is an every day occurrence. I have seen a specific character, with a infamous mullet (not to say names), who lines his cars up and invites people to come look at them, giving details of each vehicle as he goes... What I have not seen is someone just walk up, buy a car, and then sell it with no roleplay involved.... The depth of that players roleplay has nothing to do with the action itself, but the servers standard of RP as a whole.

We don't ban police officers because one police officers fails to roleplay a search.. Nor would we limit roleplay of players utilizing a business practice that is valid in our real life counterpart. Once again, I've experienced no lack of RP when dealing with cars, and I don't see you having much in terms of scenerios to deem the action of "flipping" cars a problem.

This right here is all that needs to be said. This entire thread seems to be based on the assumption that everyone who uses advertisements in this way are bad RPers who only care about money. which seems to be an entirely baseless claim. 

If you have proof of poor RP surrounding the flipping of vehicles or properties, please there is a tool to report it: 

Anyways, I don't know about the rest of you but I'd much rather see one big ad then three or four little ones spamming the chat.

Edited by Henning
10 minutes ago, borhoi said:

And I think that it's fairly obvious that a lot of the RP that comes from the people "flipping for profit" is minimal and uninteresting.

For crying out loud.. They are selling a car! If anything I think we need a rule that anyone flipping cars must RP raining confetti on interested buyers so that people with congested view points don't feel they are lacking in experience...

12 minutes ago, borhoi said:

No one has an issue if someone wants to run a car dealership. In fact, that's preferable to what this post is originally complaining about.

These people ARE running, in essence, a car dealership. The only thing that distances them from this is either a lack of dealership license, or lack of owning a static place of business. Both of which are IC issues that could be pursued and argued legally, should you wish to litigate such laws into existence...

Retrospectively, are you saying that if the person posting the advertisements leased a car lot, and made the very same profit from each purchase/sale scheme... You'd be ok with it?

Last time I checked, I needed a dealership license to flip cars almost anywhere in the united states, but the actuality of this discussion is their is a big business for it, and plenty of people use their I-phones while sitting on their couch to do so.

1 hour ago, Zane_Field said:

For crying out loud.. They are selling a car! If anything I think we need a rule that anyone flipping cars must RP raining confetti on interested buyers so that people with congested view points don't feel they are lacking in experience...

c3e813374ce00b0ed472d006492e8cf0.png.bc52063fa132b8ddf8abedb7575908a2.png

Stop acting like I'm looking to ban people for selling cars. All I'm asking is that people put a little more heart into it, if they're going to make it their character's main source of income.

On 12/26/2019 at 6:02 PM, akari said:

Hi! Here's something that grinds my gears; People sending out personal advertisement selling 4-8 (typically exotic) cars at once. 

unknown.png

550529f37e2f9d18799c9aa1b8e02c5d.png

576aeaa29a25284fe10d38ab54e8a7d1.png

e7610f93ef23a87dbe15e572d7c8d9d8.png

f4d06a7382e983de13ddc3ddb9acbc87.png

I've spent a few weeks now trying to figure out if this was worth speaking up about or not - but that last advertisement, in particular, ticked me off enough that I'm making a GD thread to complain about it. It comes off as asset-flexing and, typically, the entire reason these people are putting out these advertisements is to get script cash through flipping cars (and properties as well! i have seen this same system used with houses instead of cars, and it's even MORE annoying than the advertisements selling cars, but it's also much less common) rather than getting any sort of actual roleplay-based job. 

Maybe this isn't as big of a deal as I make it out to be, and maybe I'm the only one bothered by this. Or maybe I'm breaking the ice. In any case, discuss! 

1. People sending out personal advertisement selling 4-8 cars

2. Asset Flexing

3. To get script cash by flipping cars or property instead of getting an "ACTUAL" roleplay based job.

A. If they own 4-8 cars, they should be able to sell these vehicles as they wish - Regardless of motive.

B. Asset Flexing???? Didn't know bragging or boosting could be contorted into some crime against traditional RP... I didn't even know this was a thing, nevertheless something that "grinded" peoples gears..

C. Hate to break it to you bub... flipping cars is an ACTUAL roleplay based job, and the players who sell these cars interact with each seller/buyer from a entrepreneurs POV to try and hustle their wheels all over Los Santos in the quest for coin... Not a "GD" thing wrong with that, and it is well in-line with a real life role.

As stated, take a look at Ralph Lorenzo and his ever changing "Rockford Auto's" or what ever he is calling it every other day... He plays the part of a salesman very well, and I assume he wealthy from buying, and selling used auto's for profit... He is detailed with his RP, and plays the part of a true salesman.... 

At the end of the day, this was an open discussion so I felt obliged to give my input... Good luck.

Edited by Zane_Field

I like to think I know a decent amount about vehicle based role play.

Doing a single /ad for a ‘Selling Grotti Carbonizzare’ isn’t exactly cutting it if it’s your main form of income. Let’s say you RP an exotic car flipper, which do exist IRL - see Ed Boilan’s stories about working at a Lamborghini dealership, or other VINwiki related stories. A Grotti is a pretty basic Ferrari equiv - you aren’t going to personally sell a Ferrari. Just no, unless it’s something akin to a Mundial or an older model with just a lower value inherently. That will *absolutely* damage resell value solely because selling something akin to a Ferrari IRL would require first of : Service records, low mileage, presumably a continuity in regards to manufacturer’s warranty, if that doesn’t apply, then a dealership warranty (which is often offered when purchasing from high end exotic dealerships), etc, etc. Hell.- most people on server don’t even give their vehicle a model year, or even *attempt* to give a list of basic features. For an exotic vehicle like a Grotti, (once again, I’m equating this to a Ferrari so I can compare this to my experiences) - a Ferrari would have *all* of it’s specs listed, any configurations or special ‘Ad Personam’ esque-program styled choices, etc.

This is not done. Like at all. To even see service records is a damn near magical event, let alone build sheets, configuration specs, where the vehicle was originally delivered, ownership history, mileage covered per year, whether or not the vehicle was dry stored, purpose of the vehicle during various ownership periods, etc, etc.

This isn’t even moving onto special editions of cars (for an IRL version of this, see Versace Gallardos), which could easily be RP’d IG by using lore friendly brands in harmony with the lore friendly car manufacturers. All this kind of stuff is incredibly common with exotic cars and dealing and flipping them, yet none of this at all is roleplayed. This kind of stuff trickles down to basic car flipping too, really.

We haven’t even moved onto exotic car issues such as maintenance and recalls, which are *expensive* and due to only affecting certain model years, drive down that year’s price.

In short. Exotic car flipping on this server is *never* done well in my experience.

15 minutes ago, AM said:

I like to think I know a decent amount about vehicle based role play.

Doing a single /ad for a ‘Selling Grotti Carbonizzare’ isn’t exactly cutting it if it’s your main form of income. Let’s say you RP an exotic car flipper, which do exist IRL - see Ed Boilan’s stories about working at a Lamborghini dealership, or other VINwiki related stories. A Grotti is a pretty basic Ferrari equiv - you aren’t going to personally sell a Ferrari. Just no, unless it’s something akin to a Mundial or an older model with just a lower value inherently. That will *absolutely* damage resell value solely because selling something akin to a Ferrari IRL would require first of : Service records, low mileage, presumably a continuity in regards to manufacturer’s warranty, if that doesn’t apply, then a dealership warranty (which is often offered when purchasing from high end exotic dealerships), etc, etc. Hell.- most people on server don’t even give their vehicle a model year, or even *attempt* to give a list of basic features. For an exotic vehicle like a Grotti, (once again, I’m equating this to a Ferrari so I can compare this to my experiences) - a Ferrari would have *all* of it’s specs listed, any configurations or special ‘Ad Personam’ esque-program styled choices, etc.

This is not done. Like at all. To even see service records is a damn near magical event, let alone build sheets, configuration specs, where the vehicle was originally delivered, ownership history, mileage covered per year, whether or not the vehicle was dry stored, purpose of the vehicle during various ownership periods, etc, etc.

This isn’t even moving onto special editions of cars (for an IRL version of this, see Versace Gallardos), which could easily be RP’d IG by using lore friendly brands in harmony with the lore friendly car manufacturers. All this kind of stuff is incredibly common with exotic cars and dealing and flipping them, yet none of this at all is roleplayed. This kind of stuff trickles down to basic car flipping too, really.

We haven’t even moved onto exotic car issues such as maintenance and recalls, which are *expensive* and due to only affecting certain model years, drive down that year’s price.

In short. Exotic car flipping on this server is *never* done well in my experience.

And pretty much everything you mentioned is where the threshold of reality and roleplay meet.... I'd rather them force us to RPly defecate than have to file my taxes ICly, which is the level of immersion you probably would see as "done well"...

So to chalk up my POV... PSA: If your flipping cars, you need to step it up, because obviously your ability to turn a profit within the script just isn't true roleplay unless your hand crafting titles in photoshop and heading to the DMV to transfer titles. Apparently walking a buyer around a vehicle and kicking the tires isn't going to cut it anymore (Sarcasm, just fyi.)

Edited by Zane_Field

23 minutes ago, Zane_Field said:

11 minutes ago, Zane_Field said:

A. If they own 4-8 cars, they should be able to sell these vehicles as they wish - Regardless of motive.

B. Asset Flexing???? Didn't know bragging or boosting could be contorted into some crime against traditional RP... I didn't even know this was a thing, nevertheless something that "grinded" peoples gears..

C. Hate to break it to you bub... flipping cars is an ACTUAL roleplay based job, and the players who sell these cars interact with each seller/buyer from a entrepreneurs POV to try and hustle their wheels all over Los Santos in the quest for coin... Not a "GD" thing wrong with that, and it is well in-line with a real life role.

As stated, take a look at Ralph Lorenzo and his ever changing "Rockford Auto's" or what ever he is calling it every other day... He plays the part of a salesman very well, and I assume he wealthy from buying, and selling used auto's for profit... He is detailed with his RP, and plays the part of a true salesman.... 

I'll admit I wrote the OP when I was very tired. Nothing wrong with IC asset flexing in itself - My main does it all the god damn time. But I also acquired my wealth through actual in-depth roleplay which led to character development in several months' time - Which I do not consider comparable to people buying exotics, doing nothing with them as far as inspection and refurbishing goes, and selling them the next day if not sooner.

I know this because when I was a wee lad on this server getting back into GTA RP, these are the types of people I hung out with. I tagged along on their car sales. I helped drive cars they purchased back to their houses. I can promise you, when it comes to singular players flipping vehicles, there is no in-depth RP involved, save for rare cases. My main's kid sold a popup lot her beaten-to-fuck Blista Compact, gave them detailed emotes of the car's one-step-from-death condition, and the owners of the lot went on to RP stripping it for parts and vscrapped the script car. They made negative profit from the entire purchase - It was solely for the roleplay. So how come every individual owner magically gains a profit on their investments?

Rockford Autos is a popup lot, which is, again, different from someone selling their vehicles on the /ad system and nothing else. It at least allows for more interaction than a /sendlocation and two lines of paperwork RP. I've had fantastic interactions in popup lots, even if 90% of the time I never end up buying anything.

Edited by akari

If you feel someone is not fulfilling the RP standards listed within the rules, then feel free to report them.

As far as the rest, I simply don’t agree. You keep going back to working on the cars before you sell them, and it’s proof has been givin that this is that the sole definition of “flipping”.. 

What your complaining about is a topic that can be copy and pasted for almost every single  category of role play, and it simply does not fit the standard this server has set in place.

beating a dead horse so, good luck with your dicussion.

On another note (Promise this is my last reply).. Your concern is valid in an IC perspective... These players are usually operating without a license to do such business, and their incomes could definitely be        A figure in deciding what the recurring fee for operating as a dealer could be.... 

Not that regulating independent dealers would change any of your alleged RP deficit... but it would make things a bit more challenging and in depth..