All-In-One Advertisements

akari

I don't quite see how this is an issue? The advertisement system is there to sell and trade legal IG services and items these people seem to be doing exactly that. Is it annoying that people are flipping cars and properties to make money instead of getting a day job? Yeah. Is it unrealistic? No.

I personally know more then one person IRL who flips cars and properties like that, always on a hustle, just because more people are doing it on the server then would be normal IRL doesn't mean its a huge issue.

42 minutes ago, Henning said:

I don't quite see how this is an issue? The advertisement system is there to sell and trade legal IG services and items these people seem to be doing exactly that. Is it annoying that people are flipping cars and properties to make money instead of getting a day job? Yeah. Is it unrealistic? No.

I personally know more then one person IRL who flips cars and properties like that, always on a hustle, just because more people are doing it on the server then would be normal IRL doesn't mean its a huge issue.

Again, ingame car/house flipping cannot be compared to real-life mechanic specials or fixer-uppers. Those take actual time, effort, and generally more money on top of initial purchase price - I highly guarantee you the people that are flipping these cars don’t contribute any RP towards these factors.

You could argue that you can have a real “fixer upper” business with the custom mapping system. Though even that’s on the rocks, considering not much RP is involved, but at least you can make it different. But the car modding system is too simple to justify constantly buying and reselling exotics (exotics!!! actual car flippers resell general commercial vehicles!!!!) as legitimate RP-based income.

In any case! I just wanted to see if this was as big of a thorn in the side for other people as it is for me. I didn’t know if I was nagging or not, so I decided to get a community opinion. I don’t expect anything to change on a server-wide level (i.e advertisement rework or regulations), but discussions are fun!

2 hours ago, VisioningHail said:

Drawing comparisons between flipping cars and property in real life in comparison to here is completely silly. Property and car flipping can even be RPed well, but I share the same frustrations as akari when the it seems like the only roleplay being done is buying expensive sports cars and immediately selling them on, from my phone, in the front yard of my house.

I recognize it being silly... In retrospect, it's silly because it's expected that someone needs to have some elaborate business setup to buy and sell cars for profit.

https://axleaddict.com/auto-sales/How-to-Buy-Cars-Cheaply-and-Sell-Them-at-a-Profit

With a simple google search, I find ton's of insight in the process of buying and selling vehicles, as is, for pure profit. Are these REAL people not living up to what ever standard your challenging?  I personally have did an electrical inspection on a house that was purchased, inspected, and sold without renovation or adjustment... FOR PROFIT. Google "foreclosure" and quick sale properties, and the business's that profit from the acquisition and sale of the aforementioned.

I purchased a Torrence for pretty cheap the other day, around 25 grand.. I could have easily sold it almost immediately for probably 10 to 15 grand more than I paid... I choose not to, and eventually sold it for the same thing I bought it for, in which the person who purchased it may have seen the price as a potential to make profit from reselling it. Is this wrong? 

The answer is no.. people get rid of cars all the time for far below their value, sometimes giving them away just to get them off their property. With that being said, and as I have shown via the link, their IS and always will be a "quick flip" market IRL, and hopefully, it remains a viable business plan for the salesman here in GTAW.

ALSO -... @akari mentioned "And if they don’t have the cash to be a rich salesman, why are they trying to play a rich salesman? "

So these people, having flipped their way to selling cars that cost in excess of $300,000... Have not obtained the title of "salesman"? Further, I think if they are making ads selling a slew of vehicles with a combined value of over a million cash, they are factually salesman and they are obviously asset RICH, and I would  wager that anyone with asset's over a million dollars is considered rich by almost player within GTAW.

------ I think the biggest issue is people who don't get on the web and do their research, or acknowledge fact for what it is, regardless of personal disinterest, or view. 

As it stands what they are doing IS being done by plenty IRL, and honestly I see their methods being exactly identical to what I've encountered in my 5 minutes of research... So, what is the ISSUE? 

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, Zane_Field said:

I recognize it being silly... In retrospect, it's silly because it's expected that someone needs to have some elaborate business setup to buy and sell cars for profit.

https://axleaddict.com/auto-sales/How-to-Buy-Cars-Cheaply-and-Sell-Them-at-a-Profit

With a simple google search, I find ton's of insight in the process of buying and selling vehicles, as is, for pure profit. Are these REAL people not living up to what ever standard your challenging?  I personally have did an electrical inspection on a house that was purchased, inspected, and sold without renovation or adjustment... FOR PROFIT. Google "foreclosure" and quick sale properties, and the business's that profit from the acquisition and sale of the aforementioned.

I purchased a Torrence for pretty cheap the other day, around 25 grand.. I could have easily sold it almost immediately for probably 10 to 15 grand more than I paid... I choose not to, and eventually sold it for the same thing I bought it for, in which the person who purchased it may have seen the price as a potential to make profit from reselling it. Is this wrong? 

The answer is no.. people get rid of cars all the time for far below their value, sometimes giving them away just to get them off their property. With that being said, and as I have shown via the link, their IS and always will be a "quick flip" market IRL, and hopefully, it remains a viable business plan for the salesman here in GTAW.

But in your own link there's a whole section dedicated to maintenance, things to look out for, making sure its not an insurance write-off, etc, things which are never ever a factor in GTA World. The only way to get screwed over when buying a car on this server is if you overpay, IRL you could be screwed over in so many different ways when trying to flip cars, but that's not even my issue with people flipping cars or assets. My issue is that most of the time there is simply barely any roleplay being done, and its all just for the pursuit script cash.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, VisioningHail said:

But in your own link there's a whole section dedicated to maintenance, things to look out for, making sure its not an insurance write-off, etc, things which are never ever a factor in GTA World. The only way to get screwed over when buying a car on this server is if you overpay, IRL you could be screwed over in so many different ways when trying to flip cars, but that's not even my issue with people flipping cars or assets. My issue is that most of the time there is simply barely any roleplay being done, and its all just for the pursuit script cash.

This is my exact viewpoint as well, and seems to be the point Zane isn’t getting.

The vehicle script is so simplified in GTAW that, unless you find a seller and buyer who go really hard with their mechanic/resell RP, there is NO benefit to flipping vehicles other than the script cash. Buying an exotic, leaving it in /vpark for a day untouched, and then selling it with a few lines of conversation and some signed paperwork should not be considered RP-based income. Let’s not forget these resellers are the same people who used “maxed out” in their advertisements until the term was banned just last week.

For the third time, stop comparing car flipping with it’s real life equivalent. Reselling vehicles on here is nowhere near as difficult as the same grind IRL, and nobody should be calling it “hard work.”

• Upvote 1

I get what your saying.. I am just refusing to acknowledge assumptions. I know one specific "wheeler n' dealer" who is very detailed in his RP of the cars he buys and sells... And I've yet to sell a vehicle to anyone that hasn't given some sort of RP pertaining to the condition of the vehicle, mileage etcetera. 

Ultimately, your flagging the fact that someone may or may not be roleplaying to a standard that you have magically set... Because as far as the quick purchase and sell of vehicles, regardless of their condition, well that is an every day occurrence. I have seen a specific character, with a infamous mullet (not to say names), who lines his cars up and invites people to come look at them, giving details of each vehicle as he goes... What I have not seen is someone just walk up, buy a car, and then sell it with no roleplay involved.... The depth of that players roleplay has nothing to do with the action itself, but the servers standard of RP as a whole.

We don't ban police officers because one police officers fails to roleplay a search.. Nor would we limit roleplay of players utilizing a business practice that is valid in our real life counterpart. Once again, I've experienced no lack of RP when dealing with cars, and I don't see you having much in terms of scenerios to deem the action of "flipping" cars a problem.

And the notion that I stop comparing car flipping to real life is absurd. Your basically saying "These guys are doing something that is done in the real world, but we don't like it simply because we THINK they are not roleplaying it properly, so something should be done about it"... Because that is all I hear. Their ads are simply ads, and give you no insight on what they do in person with the vehicles.

I

Edited by Zane_Field
7 hours ago, akari said:

Why doesn’t that first line strike you as a massive problem? Why are people on a roleplay server if they don’t want to roleplay?

And if they don’t have the cash to be a rich salesman, why are they trying to play a rich salesman?

They’re rping anyway while advertising & trying to make those sales. I’ve never run into someone selling a car that just does an OOC trade..? I think you misunderstood me somehow. And clearly if they have the cash to buy/hold a Vespucci house, a Pariah, and that selection of cars, the character IS a rich salesman, which is why that’s the rp job avenue they’re following. 

3 minutes ago, Havana said:

They’re rping anyway while advertising & trying to make those sales. I’ve never run into someone selling a car that just does an OOC trade..? I think you misunderstood me somehow. And clearly if they have the cash to buy/hold a Vespucci house, a Pariah, and that selection of cars, the character IS a rich salesman, which is why that’s the rp job avenue they’re following. 

But here's where the problem lies; If they got that cash through, not OOC trading, but minimum level RP, why should that cash be considered viable? We're here to roleplay. Unfortunately a huge chunk of the community puts script assets before their RP, which is how we end up with such a massive amount of vehicle/property flippers.

To elaborate on what I mean by "minimum level RP," refer back to these two points.

da89810697c260412e9a38d8c584bbd0.png.a649fa4514dd5da8daa5b2a61239c3f2.png

e9b9361afa8d274fbff41c68acdb5617.png.8ec2e0d1a5e262f80f558310a7fd15a5.png

Minimal level RP?  You keep saying this, how do you know how long it takes for them to flip those cars? I've seen Ralph Lorenzo with the same set of cars for the last week.... 

Their RP follows suit of a real life role.. They advertise their assets, and the RP I've seen from them is right where it needs to be...

Your elaborations are just a bunch of words suggesting that people do not buy and flip cars, houses, goats, sheep's, dogs, chickens... FOR NOTHING BUT PROFIT.

I guess people shouldn't be able to own car dealerships, or profit from selling their vehicles... And to top it off, we should limit the amount of vehicles you can sell overall... Is that what we are looking for? All because some guy hunts for deals on vehicles and houses and turns around and profits 5-50K?

Comical, to say the least.