All-In-One Advertisements

akari

Hi! Here's something that grinds my gears; People sending out personal advertisement selling 4-8 (typically exotic) cars at once.

unknown.png

550529f37e2f9d18799c9aa1b8e02c5d.png

576aeaa29a25284fe10d38ab54e8a7d1.png

e7610f93ef23a87dbe15e572d7c8d9d8.png

f4d06a7382e983de13ddc3ddb9acbc87.png

I've spent a few weeks now trying to figure out if this was worth speaking up about or not - but that last advertisement, in particular, ticked me off enough that I'm making a GD thread to complain about it. It comes off as asset-flexing and, typically, the entire reason these people are putting out these advertisements is to get script cash through flipping cars (and properties as well! i have seen this same system used with houses instead of cars, and it's even MORE annoying than the advertisements selling cars, but it's also much less common) rather than getting any sort of actual roleplay-based job.

Maybe this isn't as big of a deal as I make it out to be, and maybe I'm the only one bothered by this. Or maybe I'm breaking the ice. In any case, discuss!

• Upvote 2

Asset flexing? Uh... I know a few people guilty of that IRL.. hell half the people I work with appear to be guilty of this "Asset flexing" you speak about...

Secondly... flipping houses and cars frustrated you? You do know you can watch at least half a dozen different TV shows based solely on renovating houses and cars for the purpose of profit.. aka flipping?

Chances are, and I say this respectfully, these players have entrepreneurial spirit that outshine your own ambitions, and the reason you are upset or infuriated is a little thing known to man called envy and jelousy 

I can guarantee you they have worked long and hard past their 200k welfare check package, and have mastered the art of wheeling and dealing real estate and auto mobiles.

Sorry.. not seeing the issue...

• Upvote 2

What other options for working with RP exist? Bartender? Waiter in a restaurant? Clothes shops?

A user with a RP of being "wealthy" will not work in a clothing store, bartender or waiter, due to the lack of options for work, the sale of vehicles or houses is an option.

Not everyone wants to open a nightclub or bar number 300, just as not everyone wants to suffer such stress when opening a business when they have options to avoid it.

In addition, whenever it has been suggested here to create works with RP through script, it has been denied (By users, mostly), putting the script as a reason, when what the script does is to encourage such work that is purely RP.

And yes, trucker, bars, nightclub use scripts too, and it is pure RP what is done, or well, it's tried.

Edited by BigSmileLing
1 hour ago, BigSmileLing said:

What other options for working with RP exist? Bartender? Waiter in a restaurant? Clothes shops?

A user with a RP of being "wealthy" will not work in a clothing store, bartender or waiter, due to the lack of options for work, the sale of vehicles or houses is an option.

Not everyone wants to open a nightclub or bar number 300, just as not everyone wants to suffer such stress when opening a business when they have options to avoid it.

In addition, whenever it has been suggested here to create works with RP through script, it has been denied (By users, mostly), putting the script as a reason, when what the script does is to encourage such work that is purely RP.

And yes, trucker, bars, nightclub use scripts too, and it is pure RP what is done, or well, it's tried.

You’re deriving from the main point of the post. If people want to flip cars as an RP job thats perfectly fine - plenty of popup used car lots exist on-server, and I think they’re very fun. But when you’re selling a billion expensive exotics in one advertisement, using nothing but your phone, it gives less the impression of “this is how i portray my character!” and moreso one of “this is how i hoard as much script money as possible!”

Edited by akari
typo
4 hours ago, Zane_Field said:

Chances are, and I say this respectfully, these players have entrepreneurial spirit that outshine your own ambitions, and the reason you are upset or infuriated is a little thing known to man called envy and jelousy 

I can guarantee you they have worked long and hard past their 200k welfare check package, and have mastered the art of wheeling and dealing real estate and auto mobiles.

I’m going to try and say this in the most humble way possible: My main character is a very successful businesswoman, and my alts have no need for money. This is far from a “reee people have more money than me” complaint. 

Furthermore; There’s no place to compare it to IRL car/house flipping when no work is required before you can resell ingame vehicles/properties. Difference between fixing up a beater IRL and selling three Pariahs a week in the exact same condition you bought them in.

They probably have to advertise it like that for efficiency. Grab as much attention as possible in one go, or they'll risk spamming ads.

There's a lot of roleplay jobs available but people will always be drawn to buying/flipping. Doing an rp job like a bartender, security, or store cashier likely doesn't go with the "rich salesman" look they're probably trying to achieve with their character. Either way, car salesmen are a scam as old as time. Buy a couple cars that people regret buying, flip it for a little profit, reinvest it, repeat the commercials & ads. It's realistically annoying,

The difference is it's a line of green text and not a commercial that runs every 20 minutes or gets junk mailed. & Instead of listing ten cheap cars, it caters to their type of audience: money to blow. want something fancy, have to buy it used because dealership price is insane, will likely regret it and sell it for cheaper later on to another dealer. Repeat!

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Zane_Field said:

Secondly... flipping houses and cars frustrated you? You do know you can watch at least half a dozen different TV shows based solely on renovating houses and cars for the purpose of profit.. aka flipping?

Drawing comparisons between flipping cars and property in real life in comparison to here is completely silly. Property and car flipping can even be RPed well, but I share the same frustrations as akari when the it seems like the only roleplay being done is buying expensive sports cars and immediately selling them on, from my phone, in the front yard of my house.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Havana said:

There's a lot of roleplay jobs available but people will always be drawn to buying/flipping. Doing an rp job like a bartender, security, or store cashier likely doesn't go with the "rich salesman" look they're probably trying to achieve with their character.

Why doesn’t that first line strike you as a massive problem? Why are people on a roleplay server if they don’t want to roleplay?

And if they don’t have the cash to be a rich salesman, why are they trying to play a rich salesman?