Medical Roleplay / Hospital / Private Clinic

LqManik

I have to agree with Vitta, since she was part of LSRP FD for a long time. I highly doubt a private hospital will have any success since more than 50% of people would like to skip the role-play when it comes to medical role-play, because, let's be honest, it's fun only for those who are in FD. I don't think anyone wants to spend 30 minutes in a hospital role-playing medical problems ( I did, one of my characters had diabetes and I loved the role-play brought by FD). 

A private hospital will colapse, the only thing you could do to attract people to join you is to have really big paydays, which, as Vitta said, are not supported by GOV/Staff, so it's your own pocket. After that, a private hospital=private medical bill, meaning players would have to pay for their problems, which I highly doubt people would do, they would rather go to the public hospital and get treated for free, because this is not real life and you don't care that much about your character's health, not like in real life. So in order for this hospital to run you need to pay your employees a lot of money, and you need to charge your patients too. I think it's too difficult to do it, unless you're like a billionare and you just wanna spend millions for RP.

18 hours ago, Callisto said:

I have to agree with Vitta, since she was part of LSRP FD for a long time. I highly doubt a private hospital will have any success since more than 50% of people would like to skip the role-play when it comes to medical role-play, because, let's be honest, it's fun only for those who are in FD. I don't think anyone wants to spend 30 minutes in a hospital role-playing medical problems ( I did, one of my characters had diabetes and I loved the role-play brought by FD). 

A private hospital will colapse, the only thing you could do to attract people to join you is to have really big paydays, which, as Vitta said, are not supported by GOV/Staff, so it's your own pocket. After that, a private hospital=private medical bill, meaning players would have to pay for their problems, which I highly doubt people would do, they would rather go to the public hospital and get treated for free, because this is not real life and you don't care that much about your character's health, not like in real life. So in order for this hospital to run you need to pay your employees a lot of money, and you need to charge your patients too. I think it's too difficult to do it, unless you're like a billionare and you just wanna spend millions for RP.

Right and I get where you're coming from but, we had these same issues on LSRP and I managed to have a faction/Medical Practice open for at least four months on that server.  Only reason i actually closed it was becuase I had a lot going on IRL with my own health issues so I couldn't keep it going. But others took from my idea and made another faction and eventually gained rights to the hospital to roleplay in. It's possible to do. Not EVERYONE is motivated by money. Yes it would be nice to make some money while doing it. But at the end of the day It's about the roleplay. 

And believe it or not, a lot of people do actually enjoy medical RP as a patient. Again on LSRP I had hours on end of roleplay of people coming in to find out if they had cancer, or I rp'd an OB/GYN and was able to assist with pregnancies and what not. People will accept the roleplay if it's available to them.  A typical gang banger may not want to do the GSW rp EVERYTIME. But it'd be available to them if they want it. 

I fully believe that this is possible and will bring a good aspect of roleplay that the server doesn't have already. People just need to want it. 

7 hours ago, Radiant said:

Right and I get where you're coming from but, we had these same issues on LSRP and I managed to have a faction/Medical Practice open for at least four months on that server.  Only reason i actually closed it was becuase I had a lot going on IRL with my own health issues so I couldn't keep it going. But others took from my idea and made another faction and eventually gained rights to the hospital to roleplay in. It's possible to do. Not EVERYONE is motivated by money. Yes it would be nice to make some money while doing it. But at the end of the day It's about the roleplay. 

And believe it or not, a lot of people do actually enjoy medical RP as a patient. Again on LSRP I had hours on end of roleplay of people coming in to find out if they had cancer, or I rp'd an OB/GYN and was able to assist with pregnancies and what not. People will accept the roleplay if it's available to them.  A typical gang banger may not want to do the GSW rp EVERYTIME. But it'd be available to them if they want it. 

I fully believe that this is possible and will bring a good aspect of roleplay that the server doesn't have already. People just need to want it. 

Really glad to hear that ? if it work then maybe someone should open a hospital. I guess the only problem is the money.

• Upvote 1

I know of somebody IC'ly that is trying to open up a privately owned walk in clinic, unsure of their name on the forum or Discord.

But they're trying to open one close to the "ghetto" area's to offer healthcare to those less fortunate or RP'ing as poor, or on low income.

This may help with what you're looking for as I'm sure they'll need people to help out with treatments.

• Upvote 1

A hospital might be very hard to pull-off due to the general large amounts of people needed to operate one IRL from nurses, doctors, hospital administrators, anesthesiologist and more. Simply put, it might be hard to find all the people needed for it. However,  a private clinic could easily be a realistic and interesting concept along with it being easier to attract the people you need to operate it.

Here in the USA, there are countless clinics that provide same-day services for all types of aliments from a sprained ankle to the flu. There are even a few that provide x-ray services, lab-testing, and minor surgeries. Google 'Walk-in Clinic' for Los Angeles and you will see countless clinics of this type. Thus, I really do like your idea and hope it comes to fruition. Good luck!

Edited by Zoezoegigantic
  • Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, Zoezoegigantic said:

A hospital might be very hard to pull-off due to the general large amounts of people needed to operate one IRL from nurses, doctors, hospital administrators, anesthesiologist and more. Simply put, it might be hard to find all the people needed for it. However,  a private clinic could easily be a realistic and interesting concept along with it being easier to attract the people you need to operate it.

Here in the USA, there are countless clinics that provide same-day services for all types of aliments from a sprained ankle to the flu. There are even a few that provide x-ray services, lab-testing, and minor surgeries. Google 'Walk-in Clinic' for Los Angeles and you will see countless clinics of this type. Thus, I really do like your idea and hope it comes to fruition. Good luck!

Yeah we def aren't trying to pull off a hospital right now. We're going to open up a medical clinic/walk in clinic to see where we can take it and see how much interest on this server we will get for it.  

• Upvote 1

I think a small clinic would be nice to see in the server. If it goes really well, it opens up a possibility for a player-ran hospital.

However, we need to be careful with forcing people to use them because if they stop working for any reason then it impacts heavily on everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2020 at 5:51 AM, Lloydski said:

I think a small clinic would be nice to see in the server. If it goes really well, it opens up a possibility for a player-ran hospital.

However, we need to be careful with forcing people to use them because if they stop working for any reason then it impacts heavily on everyone.

If someone is available to RP beyond just droppings someone off at the hospital.. then that's great... If someone is not available, then things go back to normal?... Don't see much of an impact...………...