[Kaizen] Dissection of Legion Lounge

akari

1830061422_kaizenheader2.thumb.png.d635e510d7e49c1d56412b417923c136.png

Dissection of Legion Lounge

Akari, President & Co-Founder

Kaizen Corporation

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. If I said the death of the “nightclub” and the corresponding surge in “lounge” venues after the success of Harmony didn’t tickle my heart, I would be a liar. However, there is a heavy distinction between inspiration and unoriginality.

Legion Lounge fits into the latter; Being a clear cut-and-copy of The Vault, a fine smoke lounge operating under the Kaizen Corporation. The design remains the same, with minor changes; the first and foremost being the heinous DJ booth that’s been shoehorned into the center of the venue.

gta-world-camera-2019-12-23-16-55-26.thumb.png.151d26e9edfad0b2e4bb969af6e1b83e.png

gta-world-camera-2019-12-23-16-41-15.thumb.png.3aeb3edc8763cb2aea9a885f6a260a6a.png

This gives the entire venue the aura that it has no idea what it’s doing in terms of demographic; While it displays and advertises itself as a high-end venue, the DJ booth implies a future of danceable setlists - a concept the rest of the design simply does not accommodate. More notably, the booth was not in use; instead, the venue’s speakers were playing softer, house band-esque music that was interrupted every ten or so minutes with blatant amounts of paid advertising.

Then we move onto the service; The Vault, while offering a wide selection of alcohol, is a smoke lounge at its core. The complementary ashtrays, knowledgable staff, and custom-cut cigars available for purchase at the bar reflect this. Legion Lounge seems to only offer alcohol, leaving nothing setting it apart from any other bar you’d find across the city. There is no dedicated aesthetic that the business tries to go for, along with absolutely no personality from the staff; They truly go above and beyond with making you feel like another customer in a sea of personal profit.

The bartender’s service was remarkably average, if not below that. Waiting at Legion’s bar kind of felt like waiting in a queue at the DMV; I spent a decent chunk of time waiting around on my phone, and I even had the privilege of being inexplicably skipped over despite staying glued to the exact same position on the bar between the time I came up to order and the time I got my drink. The bartender, a woman with artificial red hair in an outfit that was admittedly very well put together for the type of venue Legion thinks it is, didn’t appear to have much knowledge on the drinks she was being asked to make. Additionally, the venue doesn’t seem to supply any sort of draft beer; On several different occasions, I watched her take a bottle from the fridge, open it, and pour the contents into a glass. Not once did I overhear a patron actually ask her to do this.

I do not aim to choke anyone out of the industry. However, If you plan to start up any sort of business, no matter the industry, you should have a clear idea of what you would like to do; Legion Lounge comes off as something closer to a quick cash grab idea after the success of The Vault and other such high-end venues. No forethought has been put into establishment nor execution, between the confusing alterations made in comparison to its predecessor, and the advertisements that were going live of Legion’s owner seeking a bartender two hours before their scheduled open.

The next step to a successful venue is finding a niche. No ideas are original, sure; But when your venue comes off as a lite version of another established business, publicity and cash flow will not thrive anywhere near as well as compared to giving your business it’s own appeal. This is the same philosophy that has crushed and tossed dozens of nightclubs into a pile of other obsoletes in the past, and as the “lounge” craze continues to grow, venues of this type will fail in favor of those who offer more to the patron as well; Whether its by way of service, atmosphere, or pricing.

My advice to the owners of Legion Lounge would be to adapt to these changes. Find your demographic, and then find your spot in their wants and needs; You cannot expect to successfully capitalize on a market someone else is already providing. Thank you for reading.

• Upvote 1

User: nowoticemisenpoi

Comment: While I find it a bit harsh to publicly degrade venues like this I do agree on some points in the article.

Legion Lounge advertises itself as a high-end venue and as a Lounge, but the interior says otherwise (see the dj booth) This venue needs to rethink their public target and what kind of venue they aim for.

1 hour ago, .45 said:

User: Andy 

Comment: All I've seen are these useless articles about clubs nobody goes to anyways. Cover some real news, heard there was police brutality on the Forum Drive recently where a 15 yo girl got face dived into the ground.

User: akari

Comment: Hello! This is a corporate blog - Not a general news outlet.

• Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic