IG Rule about Street racing

Supra

I don't know if this rule have been forgotten to be added in the list. After asking admin & tester it made me even more confused.

Since street racing is not allowed according to an admin and as per tester it should be done realistically, pushing your car over 100mph is not realistic, in other words you got to stay in speed limit.

According to the answer from the tester, the following rule is: Street racing may only be done under the speed limit, it is not realistic if you are driving fast.

According as per admin street racing is not allowed at all since road is not drag racing track.

I've read rules several times and there stands nothing about speed limit or racing at all.

@Keane Tagging as per your re-work of the rules ongoing. Just in case there is some sort of OOC influence to this.

In my opinion, street racing would be addressed IC'ly by city laws established through the penal code. Have you checked the IC penal code? I'm not sure if it mentions anything specific, but the speed limits in different areas inside the city/county are definitely designated. Therefore, common sense dictates anything outside of that would be breaking the law. You can do it but obviously if you get caught, you're going to get a hefty ticket and/or get arrested for reckless driving.

I know there is an emerging car scene where there are organized and sanctioned events carefully monitored through IC means (PD, FD, event organization through the city, etc). If you're looking for something like that, you could seek out those organizations.

Edited by Kestalas

Street racing under the speed limit, what???

Street racing needs to be enforced a bit more to drive in a realistic way, not jumping curbs and so on. Car mods need to rise in price triple times more too. 

People who are familiar with the car scene IRL know that often performance modding your car costs more than the car itself 

There should be options to purchase cars with engine modifications from the dealership as well, same where IRL you can pay more for a performance model, etc. 

Edited by zaXer.
  • Upvote 2

There is nothing in the rules saying street racing is not allowed. However, there are a lot of regulations to it, such as driving over curbs, getting high air and not RPing damages. Also, randomly speeding around the city hoping to run into someone else doing the same so you can start racing them or just in hopes to be chased by PD is highly frowned upon. The speed limits are enforced in the case of 130 mph steep hill climbing , offroading or using little glitches to make your car go way faster than it should.

Per an emergency response perspective, street racing is... well not done well to put it nicely. I've seen cars run into walls, run into RA's, fly higher then a helicopter. And what's the worse injury the driver gets?

"My leg's scratched/fractured/i'm unconscious but with little head trauma"

And for the car itself?

"It's dented."

If you're going to do something stupid, at least make the consequences interesting.

I'll add that this is highly anecdotal. But if you guys crash into something, just put some effort into it. Makes it more fun when we get six MVA's in an hour to respond too.

Edited by KinnyWynny
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • 2 weeks later...