How do you roleplay a fake identity/ID/name without name changing?

gelotinx2

Just roleplay it? Find somebody ic who makes fake ID’s and when your asked for said ID, roleplay showing them, but if they have any kind of software or they scrutinise it you’ll have to declare it’s fake ooc or that’s PG. I don’t know why you’d actually change your name as your tag is ooc information until you’ve released it in character. 

I've roleplayed a fugitive Native American who went around calling himself Abraham, despite the player ID being Wanahton Courchene. Aside from a person at a Veteran's welfare association who helped me forge a fake identity, I never disclosed my name or true past to anybody. Everybody called my character Abe, easy as that.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Westen said:

It's possible with the custom item script, however I would judge the veracity of most people being able to produce a fake ID. With security measures these days, it'd be incredibly difficult to produce a fake ID that is authentic. 

You’d be surprised. $70 USD can get you a fully functioning fake. Unless your being ID’d by the police, Your not getting caught. Hell even if someone at a bar was to scan your ID (which is becoming common at some bars) the barcodes have been made in a way that returns a false positive when scanned for authenticity.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Henning said:

You’d be surprised. $70 USD can get you a fully functioning fake. Unless your being ID’d by the police, Your not getting caught. Hell even if someone at a bar was to scan your ID (which is becoming common at some bars) the barcodes have been made in a way that returns a false positive when scanned for authenticity.

I guess it depends on the state and the individual security measured used by each state.

Just now, Westen said:

I guess it depends on the state and the individual security measured used by each state.

No. It's not difficult at all to produce a fake ID, lol. They don't recreate brand new fake ID's, that something you see in the movies. It's not rocket science to work the credentials and picture on a stolen ID to say something else in a convincing enough way. It all depends what you're using the fake ID for.