Smoking.

gelotinx2

Luckily, maybe because of my background of being into boxing and in sports in general, I was never impressed by cigarettes. Not gonna lie, I tried multiple times at parties, but just isn't something I'd use, I find nothing amusing there at all. But definitely don't start smoking, both of my parents smoked for half of their lives and tried for years to quit afterward. 

Edited by SnikeritisLV
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2019 at 6:01 PM, SnikeritisLV said:

Luckily, maybe because of my background of being into boxing and in sports in general, I was never impressed by cigarettes. Not gonna lie, I tried multiple times at parties, but just isn't something I'd use, I find nothing amusing there at all. 

This. I used to be hooked on vaping, memes aside, due to peer pressure in bathrooms at school, at an age well under the legal age in my area was at the time (18)an age where tobacco shouldn't be consumed and eventually went to try cigarettes which I smoked for some time. A lot of people from my area smoke cigarettes as a way to be 'edgy' or like different but the harsh reality is that it makes you seem kinda obnoxious, people don't want you inside their car, house, near them when you smell like cigarettes as you'll stain the scent on their things or them. 

Everyone who says smoking is cool hasn't been smoking for long enough to give input. Once people get hooked on vaping or cigarettes they begin to see why it isn't a good habit but by then it's too late.

Weed is the one exception, I see dab pens as getting high just to get high while smoking a joint is more for the experience if that makes sense. 

Edited by Max3
  • Upvote 1

Having smoked for 5 years and counting, I can attest smoking is one of the worst vices you could have. First of all, the financial reason; once you truly get into it, a lot of money will be spent on smoking, money that could have otherwise been invested into a hobby or passion. Second, for me at least, I don't know about other people, but nicotine is highly addictive and one of the few things that I have trouble cutting out completely, I just can not go a day without smoking a cigarette. Nowadays I just try to cut down a little and only smoke when drinking (because otherwise alcohol makes me sick), but not sure if that's a viable alternative either.

• Gall locked this topic