Smoking.

gelotinx2

I’ve tried smoking once and vaping but it really wasn’t for me, I had no idea what I was doing and I managed to choke on the smoke alone. 

My dad did smoke for a while but I’ve been against it for a while. (he quit)

Ill update you if I ever try marijuana.

Edited by Selena

I have been smoking for 10 years now. The only upside I can think of is that you feel kind of a connection with other smokers, like you belong to the same club where you accept each other for what you are, at least for the moment you're smoking together.

Downsides include (but are not limited to):

-Takes up about 10%-20% of my salary

-My clothes, car, etc. smell of smoke

-Spots on my teeth have started forming

-When I can't smoke for a long time I get really agitated (for instance when flying intercontinentally)

-OH YEAH CANCER

Don't start it. It's not worth it.

I’ve been a smoker since I was 14 and I’m 21 now. I’m constantly short of breath, I wake up in the middle of the night gasping because my lungs are so damaged. Don’t start. It’s not cool, it doesn’t make you look cool. Even if you just “smoke on occasion”. I used to be the same way, now I smoke this much. 

Wish I never picked up a cigarette - I smoked from 14 - 20 & I'm on the vape wave now. Much easier cheaper, and easier to breathe - but still wouldn't recommend anyone pick up a nicotine habit.

Weed's nice though, I'd recommend trying it atleast once to anyone without any family history of major mental illness.

Edited by MikeTheMike

I've been smoking since I was about 18, I'm currently 27. I stopped for a couple of years but started again recently. I actually enjoy a smoke, it sounds weird but some smokers will know what I'm on about. I can go hours without the need to smoke so quitting is fairly easy but I enjoy it like stated. I've noticed that since I started smoking again I wheeze a bit when breathing sometimes and currently getting the renowned smokers cough. It feels like you have a lump in your throat constantly, something that could be swallowed to get rid of the sensation but it never does go. Smoking is bad I know this but I do enjoy a cigarette. 

Don't start smoking if you can help it.

• Gall locked this topic