[LSN] Eclipse Lounge

HaveADream

IKWJ4Hu.png

ypu8Ofr.png

Eclipse Lounge

By Alexa Duet

Like a teenage boy who's just hit puberty, this place can only be described as 'confused'. Let's begin.

This place is called 'Eclipse Lounge' and seems to act as a club, in doing so, it's neither a lounge nor a club. The music inside was a bit too heavy to fit into the mould of a lounge, being way too heavy when normally you'd expect something marketed as a lounge to be quite relaxing and chilled out, not to mention the inclusion of a dance-floor. This, to me, seemed to be a catch-all, all-welcoming venue with absolutely no regard for the clientele it's looking for, with the only priority being to get people inside. I know you can't control who comes in, but little things you expect from a lounge, a dress code, a relaxing atmosphere, a cut-off point for obviously drunk folks, Eclipse had absolutely nothing.

The lack of focus really sends this review home, too. The security had a busy night, with commotion happening throughout the venue with the staff seemingly needing to be at three places at once at all times, These incidents occurred as a result of people drinking too much with no standards on who the lounge let in, however, I can't fault the security for their efforts as they were quick to respond to each and handled them professionally. One incident later on in the night resulted in a glass being thrown at a police car, before the suspect was chased down the street and arrested.  I feel like I'm starting to overuse this word, but the lounge, or club, whatever it's actually trying to be, is just simply generic.

zlxG6ff.png

Both of these venues are of the same venue. Thematically confused. 

Prices were fine, as I was told in a former review, the drink prices were sold at a minimum profit, and for Vinewood, the fee for entrance was about the average you'd expect. The service was fine, too, with the bartender being sufficiently friendly despite the stress of a full-bar, however, it felt to me that there should have been another bartender on shift, or at least a flexible member of staff that was able to cover during busy peaks. The interior design was confusing, with one floor looking like it was pulled from a nightclub, and another that looked like it was pulled from a coffee shop. There weren't any toilets open inside the venue (under renovation), an absolutely abysmal state of affairs for a place that sells alcohol, however they'll hopefully be renovated soon enough. OSHA requires venues to have sufficient toilets for their employees, and common sense dictates you have one for your customers when they're drinking, this place neither followed federal law nor common sense.

Call a spade a spade, and a club a club (Get it?) In trying to appeal to everyone, Eclipse Lounge appeals to nobody in particular. 

??☆☆☆

LSN is an independent news blog operating within the state of San Andreas. LSN operates under relevant state, municipal and federal laws. To donate to our blog, please email us by clicking this link.

Edited by HaveADream
  • Upvote 1

Username: Confused
Comment: Is every lounge supposed to be pretentious and require some stuck up dress code? Los Santos treats lounges like they are meant to be only for the rich and then for some reason force on the stereotype of if you don't wear a suit you are poor? It's an absolute joke and there should be more lounges welcoming people to dress up however they want. Just because they are wearing something comfortable that doesn't mean they are lesser than someone wearing a suit. It's almost 2020.

• Upvote 1

Username:RepublicanJoe

Comment: This is fake news, this club is nice as fuck, some people need to find something meaningful to contribute to society other than spending their time blasting businesses and damaging the livelihoods of hard working Americans (owners and staff). 

Username: Confuckulated

Comment:

This review is actually, complete fucking bullshit. Eclipse Lounge has a great atmosphere, anyone can go there and have a good time. You don't need fancy clothes to go inside, you also don't need a lot of money. The drinks are sold to minimum profit, and the entrance fee is average? This shows already that the lounge doesn't want to maximise their profits, but that they want to give a good time to people going there.

In another review, which you rated the same amount of stars, you said the best club/lounges are the ones that sell drinks for minimum profit to push the drunk mind into buying more. This is what Eclipse does? I don't see your reasoning in this review at all. It's complete shit.

Your point on the fact that someone threw a glass bottle at a cruiser, what has this got to do with the lounge itself? The lounge can't control other peoples actions into what they do, they can't. If someone decides they're gonna throw a glass bottle at a cruiser, that's their decision, not the lounge's. Yes, the lounge sold liquor to the person that did that, but it was out of the person's own free will to buy that liquor and drink it. The Lounge can not be blamed for other peoples actions. 

The security did a great job, as should any security at any venue. They did their job right, they were paid to do that. The Lounge yet again, cannot be blamed for peoples actions within the lounge, it's their decision and their own to do what they did. Not the lounge's decision AT ALL.

I don't see anyone other than you complain about this venue, at all. So maybe your opinion doesn't really matter?

P.S. You're generic.

• Upvote 1

Username: charliehebdo18

Comment:

a useless and uninformed segment of someone trying to fulfill their crusade that any nighttime establishment is evil, pathetic.

great atmosphere, affordable drinks, helpful staff and fitting music for the night. there's a reason eclipse gets a full house every time and this review is clearly meant to degrade it because of the author's own failures??????? who knows lol

maybe it's because eclipse didn't donate to the blog they got a shit review 

edit: just looked at her other reviews on places like galaxy, hilarious!! incompetent author fire her!!!

#fakenews

Edited by harrison
2 hours ago, TheUnknown54 said:

Username: Confuckulated

Comment:

This review is actually, complete fucking bullshit. Eclipse Lounge has a great atmosphere, anyone can go there and have a good time. You don't need fancy clothes to go inside, you also don't need a lot of money. The drinks are sold to minimum profit, and the entrance fee is average? This shows already that the lounge doesn't want to maximise their profits, but that they want to give a good time to people going there.

In another review, which you rated the same amount of stars, you said the best club/lounges are the ones that sell drinks for minimum profit to push the drunk mind into buying more. This is what Eclipse does? I don't see your reasoning in this review at all. It's complete shit.

Your point on the fact that someone threw a glass bottle at a cruiser, what has this got to do with the lounge itself? The lounge can't control other peoples actions into what they do, they can't. If someone decides they're gonna throw a glass bottle at a cruiser, that's their decision, not the lounge's. Yes, the lounge sold liquor to the person that did that, but it was out of the person's own free will to buy that liquor and drink it. The Lounge can not be blamed for other peoples actions. 

The security did a great job, as should any security at any venue. They did their job right, they were paid to do that. The Lounge yet again, cannot be blamed for peoples actions within the lounge, it's their decision and their own to do what they did. Not the lounge's decision AT ALL.

I don't see anyone other than you complain about this venue, at all. So maybe your opinion doesn't really matter?

P.S. You're generic.

Perhaps it's different on other nights, I'm just going on that particular experience. I'd be willing to review again in the future, however...

I award stars as they're earned, not taken from five. In this case, the venue won stars for its affordable price, (the review you mentioned I had made a mistake) and it's security. The rest of the review is why it didn't earn more stars.

I'm concerned about the catch-all premise of the venue and the dress code need not to be strict,  but there was a man who at one point was virtually shirtless. You're right in that the venue cannot control the actions of the patrons, but they can control who they let in and to train staff to the point when the customers have had too much. 

The venue is marketed as a lounge but having loud music with a DJ and a dance floor does not scream lounge, that's why it was not awarded a star. From Google: a public room in a hotel, theatre, or club in which to sit and relax. While it meets the strict definition, it didn't capture the feel of the lounge for music alone, it's either a lounge or a club, it can't be both. How can you relax to heavy music?

I insinuated the lounge had good security, it's why it was given a star. These are critical reviews, it's meant to focus on the negatives and reward the positives, which this lounge perhaps has the potential to grow towards and improve, but I didn't see that on my visit.

I have a degree in business and have worked in customer facing positions all my life. These complaints actually came from patrons, the music, the dancefloor and the under traiining all came up from asking the clients.

As always, this is a review, of which is an opinion and opinions are subjective - you're fine to disagree but I don't think the venue does enough or is marketed correctly and comes across to me, personally, as confused.

The lounge isn't bad, it's just not quite good.

Thanks for your comment.

Edited by HaveADream
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic