'Gang Talk' Bleed off into /me and OOC

Edelweiss206

As an outsider to this sort of RP, I've noticed through screenshots and reports that every now and then that /me's end up containing phrases or descriptions using Slang or words associated with gang culture. I get that you're enjoying your character and you might find it immersive, but doesn't it make it harder for people to work out your actions or lead to issues when people are trying to RP with you? I remember a report a couple of weeks ago which ended up being mistaken identity because when he asked why the person shot him they responded with pretty much "Mandem got gatted blud no ting haha OwO xD" and so they reported them, but it turned out they were just messing around. This is me just being curious I guess. I'm not interested in that side of the server when I do play and this is 'General discussion' so...Why do it? I understand your character talking like that, but why make your actions harder to read when it's just that, explaining an action?

• Upvote 3

It seems like you're talking about only 1 situation of posse mafia or w/e they're. It's immersive and the way they talk IRL. If you can't understand it's on you. You wouldn't understand them IRL as well then.

As for /me's, I'm yet to see slang being used in them.

Edited by .45
  • Upvote 1

Yeah I've no issues with it being used when talking. Me not understanding someone talking is completely fine, that's an IC issue. Like I said,I was meaning when it bleeds into trying to understand a /me. I've seen it pop up only a couple of times. I'm not trying to frame it as some huge issues, I'm just curious as to why do it. 

The most I’ve seen is one or two slang words in a gang rpers /me so I don’t think it’s that widespread but from my own experience, and down south is where i rp most people in /me form them properly with proper english lol. The talking although depends on gang/race aswell, is quite scuffed.

I personally don't mind the whole slang in /me's thing because I can quite easily understand it, though not everyone on this server understands it as well as players like I do. So I really don't think people should be using their IC slang in their /me's unless they're roleplaying amongst their friends who also understand what's going on.

Also, if you don't know what someone's on about in their /me, it doesn't hurt to ask in /pm briefly. Most people are happy to explain what they mean.

Edited by El Ghetto Man