[LSN] Galaxy Review

HaveADream

IKWJ4Hu.png

1bab5321f8a57505df502397f5edab95.png

Galaxy Nightclub

By Alexa Duet

For years, astronomers and scientists alike have searched desperately across the cosmos for a sign of life, for answers to all of our questions, for anything. If Galaxy Nightclub is indicative of what's out there in the universe, I suggest we stop looking.

Let's start off on a somewhat positive note - $550 entry, I suppose that's about average what you'd normally expect for a club in Los Santos, on the downside, you're paying $200 for a spirit, so let's hope you're a light drinker or you may find yourself selling your house when it's time for your round. In my view, the best clubs are the ones that sell their drinks for a low-profit margin, that pushes the drunk mind into actually buying more drinks after having one or two - what's going to put people off having that first or second drink? That's right, it's the price of them. The price of drinks themselves aren't exactly an issue, what is an issue is how the club does absolutely nothing to justify that price, there is no exceptional service, no fancy exhibitions, just as is. I'll give the club a plus though, they certainly had a theme - generic.

Recently renovated, on an actual positive note (Not sarcastic this time - promise!) the dancefloor feels intimate and filled up quick - giving you that club 'feel' you've always wanted, there's not a lot of good to say about this venue, but the use of space and the research that went into the actual interior is perhaps the clubs shining feature. Unfortunately, however, is the hastily put-together toilets, almost as if they were a mere after-thought. How bad could toilets possibly be? Well, they're mixed gender for once, that's usually a good mix with alcohol - right? In trying to find the toilets, I approached the bar and asked, unfortunately for me, the bar staff were too busy talking between themselves to pay any attention to me or my query - they were having a grand conversation about, not to be crude, but I believe it was their relationships. 

And that's what really left a bitter taste in my mouth - I can overlook the hastily put-together toilets, the generic feel of the club, even the extortionate prices - it is Vinewood, after all, but one thing I couldn't overlook was the incredibly poor service. I was stood at the bar for some time waiting to get served and watched several people get served before me as the staff must not have been paying attention, seemingly just serving in any random order, and I know, I know, I've worked customer service before, it's difficult to keep track of who is who and who is where and when they came, especially when you're not getting paid that much (Although, judging by prices, I believe they would be), but when you watch people clearly not paying attention to their job and then suddenly finding themselves lost in it, you know, you just end up feeling a little frustrated. The salvage of a second star comes from the bartender leading me to the bathroom, there was no signage on the bathroom, you see, it was tucked under the stairs. The salvage of the first star comes from the music, cohesive, fluid and all in the same genre, good showing from DJ RoE.

I'm not the kind of person to complain about this as I don't really want to focus on it, but the club was marketed as accessible. I'm not sure they knew what that word meant considering there were stairs everywhere. 

Do better.

??☆☆☆

LSN is an independent news blog operating within the state of San Andreas. LSN operates under relevant state, municipal and federal laws. To donate to our blog, please email us by clicking this link.

•  

Edited by HaveADream
  • Applaud 1

Username: KanjoGang

Comment:

"so let's hope you're a light drinker or you may find yourself selling your house when it's time for your round. In my view, the best clubs are the ones that sell their drinks for a low-profit margin "

Considering one rum costs 180 dollars at a liquor store and is sold for $200. I can't agree with you there.

" however, is the hastily put-together toilets, almost as if they were a mere after-thought. How bad could toilets possibly be? Well, they're mixed gender for once, that's usually a good mix with alcohol - right? "

There is a toilet. That is more than I can say from most other clubs where you have to take a leak outside? But hey, could be me not be able to find them ever in a club.

2 hours ago, HaveADream said:

on the downside, you're paying $200 for a spirit, so let's hope you're a light drinker or you may find yourself selling your house when it's time for your round.

Username: Mister Lee

Comment: I understand what you're saying in charging less for a lower profit margin in the hopes that people buy more drinks, but the average clubber isn't going to buy 4, 5, and 6 drinks to make it worth while. $200 for a spirit is not out of the ordinary, considering the cost at which they can be bought at from a supplier. Also take into account the cost for security, inside staffing, etc. These things cost money. You're exaggerating that particular issue quite a bit more than necessary.

Edited by Kestalas
17 minutes ago, Kestalas said:

Username: Mister Lee

Comment: I understand what you're saying in charging less for a lower profit margin in the hopes that people buy more drinks, but the average clubber isn't going to buy 4, 5, and 6 drinks to make it worth while. $200 for a spirit is not out of the ordinary, considering the cost at which they can be bought at from a supplier. Also take into account the cost for security, inside staffing, etc. These things cost money. You're exaggerating that particular issue quite a bit more than necessary.

User: ADMIN

Comment: Thanks for your feedback, I didn't realise the supplier fees. Will be recognised in future.

• Upvote 1

**Comment posted from behind a proxy and a VPN**

User:Jessica200

Comment: Ha! Fake reviews all over the place! Coming from the not so exclusive and luxorious night clubs from all over the town! FAKE REVIEWS! Sad! Perhaps focus on improving your venue instead of hiring liberals that crash when are tasked to find the bathroom! Jesus GOD!

• mj2002 locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic