Rule regarding Insuring

Jura

Not sure if this falls under the PG rule or just non-rp.

But if a cop is pulling you over and your car isn't insured 9/10 people will quickly ring 207 to insure the car before the cop has even reached your window.

In my eyes it's completely non rp for a player to do that. It shouldn't take a 2 second phone call but unfortunately it does, thus leading to the above happening frequently I'd imagine.

So should it come under it's own rule that is punishable or does it come under one of the rules already in the server?

(Sorry for the short post, will write in more detail if needed)

Edited by Jura

I wouldn't really implement it as a rule. I'd simply remove the /call 207 to get your car insured, period. Dialing a number and magically having your car insured in the blink of an eye is stupid and shouldn't even be a thing. /call 207 is easily abused. Simply go back to the system where you had to drive to the DMV to insure your car.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, JustAnM43 said:

I wouldn't really implement it as a rule. I'd simply remove the /call 207 to get your car insured, period. Dialing a number and magically having your car insured in the blink of an eye is stupid and shouldn't even be a thing. /call 207 is easily abused. Simply go back to the system where you had to drive to the DMV to insure your car.

+1

100% in support of removing the /call feature for insurance. I think the thinking there was convenience, especially for the dealership out in Sandy. However I definitely think this is abused more often than its worth. The drive from Sandy to the DMV takes what, 5-10 minutes maybe? Big deal. If I were PD, I’d hate this feature lol. 

• 3 weeks later...

I actually got pulled by PD (Vivienne something, forget the name :[ ) and my vehicle was uninsured. They actually rp'd it out and allowed me to call in at the roadside which probably saved me a fine or impounding. 

Don't know enough to judge if it should be removed or not, but if anyone abuses it like that there should definitely be some repercussion because that's some play-to-win attitude.

On 12/18/2019 at 4:23 PM, Triple-J said:

+1.

Or just make it so that when you call for a vehicle insurance, it basically takes 15 minutes before it's activated.

This'd be cool. ^

• mj2002 locked this topic