Rule regarding Insuring

Jura

I agree, from a cops perspective I have pulled people over with 7 cars all 150k+, 2 mirror park homes and 1 car insured.. Then they call 207, insure that one, wash-rinse-repeat. It's not that people can't afford it, its that there is no penalty if they don't due to the system. A timer would help a lot in this..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/18/2019 at 6:23 PM, Triple-J said:

+1.

Or just make it so that when you call for a vehicle insurance, it basically takes 15 minutes before it's activated.

This is much better.

Don't remove /call entirely though. Give it a cooldown before it activates. It's extremely hard to get in touch with a mechanic with a tow truck to take your car to the DMV.

Just now, Peak. said:

Regardless of whether they have insured before the LEO reaches the window they have been driving without valid insurance and should be fined, right?  

420. Vehicle Registration Violation (I)
Any person(s) who drives, moves, or leaves standing upon a public road, any unregistered motor vehicle, or any motor vehicle that does not display an identification plate. Or who, within the time required by law, fails to pay their vehicular insurance bills.

Just now, Pogis said:

420. Vehicle Registration Violation (I)
Any person(s) who drives, moves, or leaves standing upon a public road, any unregistered motor vehicle, or any motor vehicle that does not display an identification plate. Or who, within the time required by law, fails to pay their vehicular insurance bills.

Then they should be punished for doing it whilst at the roadside, there still in violation of the law! 

• 2 weeks later...

I originally supported this suggestion but now I am wholeheartedly against it. Recently moved and had to deal a lot with my insurance and changing locations etc and this is completely realistic. My Insurance App allowed me to instantly cancel/change/pay/renew my coverage in the App.  And you will get instant proof of insurance on the App.

So it translating to /call 205 IG I find completely realistic.

Edited by Power
  • mj2002 locked this topic