Rule regarding Insuring

Jura

As it stands, law enforcement agencies can see if a player powergamed paying insurance at a stop. Whether they choose to act upon it is on them. That said, I would like to see a mechanic that allows officers to make it an IC issue rather than an OOC one, because from a court standpoint I don't think you'd be able to charge them when it was technically insured at the time of the violation.

That in mind, if you get stopped and your insurance was just paid, it's not hard to say that you were operating the vehicle prior to the stop on a public road, and include evidence of such.

Edited by Wisci

Tbh, from a cop standpoint, I don't mind it, we can easily prove it was uninsured at the time was made due to the mdc showing the date and time it was insured at. I'd like to keep the feature for the main reason being accessibility  for the county rpers. I know that this ain't the us I'm referring to now but over here in Sweden, I can get my car insured over the phone in about 2 minutes. All I do is say my social security  number and car plate, this being if I'm the registered owner ofc.

On 4/20/2020 at 5:35 AM, Flamer said:

Tbh, from a cop standpoint, I don't mind it, we can easily prove it was uninsured at the time was made due to the mdc showing the date and time it was insured at. I'd like to keep the feature for the main reason being accessibility  for the county rpers. I know that this ain't the us I'm referring to now but over here in Sweden, I can get my car insured over the phone in about 2 minutes. All I do is say my social security  number and car plate, this being if I'm the registered owner ofc.

This.

Just put a timer on it. Honestly, I have called in the insurance if I suspect that a cop is about to pull me over and it's totally PG, a timer would fix it.
I understand that the police can see when it was insured but a simple timer would just eliminate all the OOC problems from it. Even open up to introduce it more as an IC thing where you can inform the police that you just called it in and then they can RP whatever they feel like.

I would say 5-10 minute timer would be optimal, it isn't a ridiculously long time to wait and if you by chance get pulled over in that period, you called in that you have just insured your vehicle and waiting for it to be activated which is fine.

From a cop perspective, I absolutely hate people who only insure their car only when they are about to be pulled over because their insurance is too expensive on their fancy car (that they can't even afford). I personally don't bother with arguing it OOC and proceed with taking it IC which, mind you, is easily proven that they were driving without insurance prior and typically results in their car being impounded.

But in the first place, this shouldn't be a thing that they can abuse and therefore, in turn, I have to appear to be an "asshole" when they just magically insured their vehicle in the last 5 seconds.

• mj2002 locked this topic