Drug System Needs To be More Intricate

Sour

This thread is made for people who want to get more into drug roleplay, I speak for all of us when I say this.. We need these scripted!

(Not too sure of Crack has been scripted yet but we need that too.)

MDMA (Molly, Ecstasy)

A synthetic, psychoactive drug that has similarities to both the stimulant amphetamine and the hallucinogen mescaline. MDMA is an abbreviation of the scientific name 3,4-methylenedioxy-methamphetamine.

Street Names Commercial Names Common Forms Common Ways Taken DEA Schedule
Molly, Clarity, X, Lover's Speed, Peace, Uppers No commercial uses Colorful tablets with imprinted logos, capsules, powder, liquid Swallowed, snorted I**
Possible Health Effects
Short-term Lowered inhibition; enhanced sensory perception; increased heart rate and blood pressure; muscle tension; nausea; faintness; chills or sweating; sharp rise in body temperature leading to kidney failure or death.
Long-term Long-lasting confusion, depression, problems with attention, memory, and sleep; increased anxiety, impulsiveness; less interest in sex.
Other Health-related Issues Unknown.
In Combination with Alcohol MDMA decreases some of alcohol’s effects. Alcohol can increase plasma concentrations of MDMA, which may increase the risk of neurotoxic effects.
Withdrawal Symptoms Fatigue, loss of appetite, depression, trouble concentrating.
Treatment Options
Medications There is conflicting evidence about whether MDMA is addictive. There are no FDA-approved medications to treat MDMA addiction.
Behavioral Therapies More research is needed to find out if behavioral therapies can be used to treat MDMA addiction.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Central Nervous System Depressants

Medications that slow brain activity, which makes them useful for treating anxiety and sleep problems.

Barbs, Phennies, Red Birds, Reds, Tooies, Yellow Jackets, Yellows Barbiturates: pentobarbital (Nembutal®) Pill, capsule, liquid Swallowed, injected II, III, IV
Candy, Downers, Sleeping Pills, Tranks Benzodiazepines: alprazolam (Xanax®), chlorodiazepoxide (Librium®), diazepam (Valium®), lorazepam (Ativan®), triazolam (Halicon®) Pill, capsule, liquid Swallowed, snorted IV
Forget-me Pill, Mexican Valium, R2, Roche, Roofies, Roofinol, Rope, Rophies Sleep Medications: eszopiclone (Lunesta®), zaleplon (Sonata®), zolpidem (Ambien®) Pill, capsule, liquid Swallowed, snorted IV
Possible Health Effects
Short-term Drowsiness, slurred speech, poor concentration, confusion, dizziness, problems with movement and memory, lowered blood pressure, slowed breathing.
Long-term Unknown.
Other Health-related Issues Sleep medications are sometimes used as date rape drugs.

Risk of HIV, hepatitis, and other infectious diseases from shared needles.
In Combination with Alcohol Further slows heart rate and breathing, which can lead to death.
Withdrawal Symptoms Must be discussed with a health care provider; barbiturate withdrawal can cause a serious abstinence syndrome that may even include seizures.
Treatment Options
Medications There are no FDA-approved medications to treat addiction to prescription sedatives; lowering the dose over time must be done with the help of a health care provider.
Behavioral Therapies More research is needed to find out if behavioral therapies can be used to treat addiction to prescription sedatives.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Steroids (Anabolic)

Man-made substances used to treat conditions caused by low levels of steroid hormones in the body misused to enhance athletic and sexual performance and physical appearance.

Juice, Gym Candy, Pumpers, Roids Nandrolone (Oxandrin®), oxandrolone (Anadrol®), oxymetholone (Anadrol-50®), testosterone cypionate (Depo-testosterone® Tablet, capsule, liquid drops, gel, cream, patch, injectable solution Injected, swallowed, applied to skin III**
Possible Health Effects
Short-term Builds muscles, improved athletic performance. Acne, fluid retention (especially in the hands and feet), oily skin, yellowing of the skin, infection.
Long-term Kidney damage or failure; liver damage; high blood pressure, enlarged heart, or changes in cholesterol leading to increased risk of stroke or heart attack, even in young people; aggression; extreme mood swings; anger ("roid rage"); extreme irritability; delusions; impaired judgment.
Other Health-related Issues Males: shrunken testicles, lowered sperm count, infertility, baldness, development of breasts.

Females: facial hair, male-pattern baldness, enlargement of the clitoris, deepened voice.

Adolescents: stunted growth.

In Combination with Alcohol Increased risk of violent behavior.
Withdrawal Symptoms Mood swings; tiredness; restlessness; loss of appetite; insomnia; lowered sex drive; depression, sometimes leading to suicide attempts.
Treatment Options
Medications Hormone therapy
Behavioral Therapies More research is needed to find out if behavioral therapies can be used to treat steroid addiction.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Prescription Opioids

Pain relievers with an origin similar to that of heroin. Opioids can cause euphoria and are often used nonmedically, leading to overdose deaths. 

Captain Cody, Cody, Lean, Schoolboy, Sizzurp, Purple Drank
With gluteth- imide: Doors & Fours, Loads, Pancakes and Syrup
Codeine (various brand names) Tablet, capsule, liquid Injected, swallowed (often mixed with soda and flavorings) II, III, V**
Apache, China Girl, China White, Dance Fever, Friend, Goodfella, Jackpot, Murder 8, Tango and Cash, TNT Fentanyl (Actiq®, Duragesic®, Sublimaze®) Lozenge, sublingual tablet, film, buccal tablet Injected, smoked, snorted II**
Vike, Watson-387 Hydrocodone or dihydrocodeinone (Vicodin®, Norco®, Zohydro®, and others) Capsule, liquid, tablet Swallowed, snorted, injected II**
D, Dillies, Footballs, Juice, Smack Hydromorphone (Dilaudid®) Liquid, suppository Injected, rectal II**
Demmies, Pain Killer Meperidine (Demerol®) Tablet, liquid Swallowed, snorted, injected II**
Amidone, Fizzies
With MDMA: Chocolate Chip Cookies
Methadone (Dolophine®, Methadose®) Tablet, dispersible tablet, liquid Swallowed, injected II**
M, Miss Emma, Monkey, White Stuff Morphine (Duramorph®, MS Contin®) Tablet, liquid, capsule, suppository Injected, swallowed, smoked II, III**
O.C., Oxycet, Oxycotton, Oxy, Hillbilly Heroin, Percs Oxycodone (OxyContin®, Percodan®, Percocet®, and others) Capsule, liquid, tablet Swallowed, snorted, injected II**
Biscuits, Blue Heaven, Blues, Mrs. O, O Bomb, Octagons, Stop Signs Oxymorphone (Opana®) Tablet Swallowed, snorted, injected II**
Possible Health Effects
Short-term Pain relief, drowsiness, nausea, constipation, euphoria, slowed breathing, death.
Long-term Increased risk of overdose or addiction if misused.
Other Health-related Issues Pregnancy: Miscarriage, low birth weight, neonatal abstinence syndrome.

Older adults: higher risk of accidental misuse because many older adults have multiple prescriptions, increasing the risk of drug-drug interactions, and breakdown of drugs slows with age; also, many older adults are treated with prescription medications for pain.

In Combination with Alcohol Dangerous slowing of heart rate and breathing leading to coma or death.
Withdrawal Symptoms Restlessness, muscle and bone pain, insomnia, diarrhea, vomiting, cold flashes with goose bumps ("cold turkey"), leg movements.
Treatment Options
Medications
  • Methadone
  • Buprenorphine
  • Naltrexone (short- and long-acting)
Behavioral Therapies

The same behavioral therapies that have helped treat addiction to heroin are used to treat prescription opioid addiction.

• Upvote 1

If there's one thing that needs dressing up on the server, it's certainly the drug script. Having roleplayed heavily around cocaine on one of my characters, I can attest that the script doesn't provide much incentive to use it. You get a meagre health boost which oft times is bugged, disappears when you crash/log out, and a pretty effect that lasts less than a couple minutes.

There certainly needs to be more flavour when it comes to drugs and I imagine that some of the ones you've suggested could be implemented. One thing in particular that I'd like to see is the ability for players to craft their own drugs (like methamphetamine) through a series of cook processes - similar to the system in place for making booze - whereby the player will need a cook site and an array of ingredients. With that in mind, there should be something in place to gauge the strength of a drug - as well as the ability to dilute it (e.g. cutting cocaine down for a higher quantity and lower strength).

This might diversify the drug market in game and encourage people to roleplay around drugs. It'll certainly benefit the gangs who deal with these drugs day to day and potentially allow for a fluctuation of price in drugs. As it stands, most people have a set price for drugs and there's no real differentiation between Jamal's home grown weed from Davis or Juan's weed in El Burro. Adding strength and the ability to cut drugs for a higher quantity will allow for people to establish a brand and charge varying prices for either stronger or weaker drugs.

I'm at a loss on what kind of incentives can be provided for drug use and I don't really want to have the sole bonus be a health boost - since it would be abused, but it goes without saying that stronger drugs would provide a longer duration of whatever benefit there is and weaker drugs the opposite.

• Upvote 2

Yessir. I cannot stress this enough. Right now the drugs market which heavily increases how enjoyable criminal RP is, is kind of non existing.

I've been told that there are mushrooms

On 12/17/2019 at 9:04 AM, Tennplugg said:

MDMA (ecstasy) is already in game. It's not as common as marijuana or any other drug, but I've dealt MDMA (ecstasy) before.

And apparently there is MDMA.

I've never encountered those in the server even though I try to be involved in as much criminal RP as I can. Right now it's even hard to find heroin.. While playing on my drug-addict alt. character. This shouldn't be so hard to find, but yet I've been to every streetcorner in LS the past week. I guess I'll have to try Paleto and Sandy shores and find meth instead as at least I'm seeing meth being used on screenshots.  Anyway either there needs to be more transparency about the drug system or the guide needs to be updated, because it says there is just weed, coke, meth and heroin in the guide: 

All i could find was this post where it states that new drugs have been added: 

And that drugs can be renamed in the future of developing the items system. I don't quite see how that works?
/rename cocaine crack??

/rename cocaine weed??
Does that mean the newly created item called weed has the same health and visual effects as cocaine?

And am glad to see you naming 'Lean'. As this is the second most-used drug roleplay-wise but it isn't even available script-wise (as far as I know). 
Also would like to add psychadelic drugs such as '2C-B, LSD, PCP and mushrooms'. Even though someone told me they're already there script-wise.

And like I stated before I would love it if the visual effect for psychadelic drugs would actually take 20-30 minutes instead of 2-5 minutes. So you can really roleplay tripping hard while walking around Los Santos, seeing the beautiful visual effects. 

Stated that before in this topic which your suggestion would be a great addition to:

Edited by Triple-J

I'll lock this, please re-read your thread completely and explain me how "this must be scripted" can be done.

Suggestions must be technically realistic, If I take your thread:

"Long-lasting confusion, depression, problems with attention, memory, and sleep; increased anxiety, impulsiveness; less interest in sex." there is nothing here that can be scripted, only roleplayed. 

Take this thread as example of how to write a suggestion: