Oversaturation of the Nightclub scene

ThatDutchPerson

7 minutes ago, DLimit said:

As a former cashier within a coffee shop, though, there is a fine line between being friendly and being counter-productive. Employees are expected to provide customers with a high-level of customer service. However, if a discussion disrupts the flow of traffic or the completion of work-related tasks, especially during rush hours, then that person would be disciplined by management for failing to comply with their duties. It's much more challenging to multi-task actions and words on a text-based server, as typing takes twice as long in comparison to pouring a drink for one customer while chatting with another customer. 

It also depends on the job, as-well... My character's a chef. She cannot discuss any thing with clients while preparing seven freshly cooked items for a load of clients, as it would disrupt the production of the food. At it's most, she'll undergo small-talk while stirring a pot. Otherwise, it's a bit challenging.

See the last paragraph of my previous post. As for the chef part, this is about bartender RP specifically. I get that not every job position has room for friendliness (again, akari doesn't let her waitstaff chat, either!) but for bartending specifically, there is definitely room for more than cocktail mixing RP. Again, if you're going to get upset with someone for taking the time to type roleplay on a roleplay server, I really don't feel like you have the patience or mindset for this type of platform.

All in all, I feel like I'm asking for very little here. Just some bartenders with some actual goddamn personality instead of being Jack Daniels and eCola generators. This is the method I've been using for my bartender RP since my first night on the server and I've yet to receive any complaints about slow service.

Edited by akari

I will respond really only to the main post, I see there no issue to make an OOC post about it. You could argue the same liberty John Locke spoke about to apply to their right to open when they please, but also they do hold something against the sherman anti trust act.. but do you know what they have in common? It's an IC issue. People complained there were no clubs, so clubs opened, some1 got wealthy and bought them or incorporated them. You adapt to compete or you don't survive. It's business 101.

On 12/17/2019 at 7:06 AM, .45 said:

I will be honest and tell you how it is. Current nightclubs are managed by the same bunch of people who simply don't have any knowledge about nightclubs in general. Apart from that, about 80% of them can't roleplay fear so illegal factions don't even bother to come near them. Add blue haired females with bats and stuff like that, and it's setting off to even visit them for openings. At the end of the day 50% of their time is spent inside talking, 40% esexing and 10% literally trolling from what I've witnessed yesterday. 

Solution? 

If the business is owned by the "company" that at the end of the day has whole nightclub scene under them, apply same rules as owning multiple properties at the current time. When you buy more than one, you pay 50% more and up. As you can't know who'll be and who won't be under the company simply add larger tax to EACH payday. (You can argue thay they already pay lease if it's leased. But lease doesn't cover expenses such as electricity bill and what not.

Another factor would be to monitor them closely, so we don't have 18 year old running clubs meaning they can't even enter them themselves as they're under 21 lol.

Morale of the story, people who own these things should be monitored closely, to see how realistic is their roleplay, how they roleplay expenses etc. Else we'll have like 6-8 Natashas by the end of 2019.

we both have a bad taste for blue haired females

On 12/16/2019 at 11:06 PM, .45 said:

I will be honest and tell you how it is. Current nightclubs are managed by the same bunch of people who simply don't have any knowledge about nightclubs in general. Apart from that, about 80% of them can't roleplay fear so illegal factions don't even bother to come near them. Add blue haired females with bats and stuff like that, and it's setting off to even visit them for openings. At the end of the day 50% of their time is spent inside talking, 40% esexing and 10% literally trolling from what I've witnessed yesterday. 

Solution? 

If the business is owned by the "company" that at the end of the day has whole nightclub scene under them, apply same rules as owning multiple properties at the current time. When you buy more than one, you pay 50% more and up. As you can't know who'll be and who won't be under the company simply add larger tax to EACH payday. (You can argue thay they already pay lease if it's leased. But lease doesn't cover expenses such as electricity bill and what not.

Another factor would be to monitor them closely, so we don't have 18 year old running clubs meaning they can't even enter them themselves as they're under 21 lol.

Morale of the story, people who own these things should be monitored closely, to see how realistic is their roleplay, how they roleplay expenses etc. Else we'll have like 6-8 Natashas by the end of 2019.

this.

they're all the same paycheck hogging people treating the server like its an RPG game shit they barely know how to type out a sentence that seems like an actual sentence you'd say IRL and not some robo IRC "ha ha ok boomer" sentence that migrated here from IMVU and Second Life n menyoo their way to the top

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
On 12/18/2019 at 2:32 AM, Mecovy said:

I will respond really only to the main post, I see there no issue to make an OOC post about it. You could argue the same liberty John Locke spoke about to apply to their right to open when they please, but also they do hold something against the sherman anti trust act.. but do you know what they have in common? It's an IC issue. People complained there were no clubs, so clubs opened, some1 got wealthy and bought them or incorporated them. You adapt to compete or you don't survive. It's business 101.

This. Literally doesn't even need any more explaining.

Having an actual degree in business management and knowing a thing or two about marketing, that's the way of life. If someone is able to get wealthy off of other people then that's exactly how it should be. If a person is lucky enough to gather enough wealth to buy everyone else out then that's how it is. It's definitely hard for one to start their own business, but that's how it is outside the computer screens. If you want to succeed on your own simply a) make something unique; b) if unable to make something unique, make it seem unique; c) create a brand; d) market it. Simple as that.

In a sense, as this is a game server and not real life, there should be some limitations in place for how many businesses one can own or charge them extra for additional ones. I'm sure I'm not the only one when I say this, as we are aiming towards the more realistic economy as well as the business side, we do not expect the same effort and time put into the server as it would require to succeed in the real world.

If players were limited to business and charged extra for additional ones, this would create extra time for those trying and wanting to start their own. If a person, however, is more than capable of leading and knows a thing or two about running businesses then they will still reach the top, regardless of the taxes that are put on having extra businesses.

I do still believe that if one came out with a unique concept that is not currently utilized by any of the 'common clubs' we visit, one would succeed tremendously.