Are traffic lights generally considered as part of roleplay?

Schmichael

I was riding a bicycle downtown and went through a green light, only to be pulled over by an officer and issued a citation.

I questioned it at the time OOC because they were green, to which he said they were synced. Although I later went to traffic lights with a friend to check and there was a noticeable lack of synchronisation between the two of us.

I saw a couple of threads from months ago about Traffic lights, about how nobody takes them as static IC and also the ‘Driving Test’ refers to giving way to the right, but not lights.

Hence I’m curious if traffic lights are taken as fully IC or just as an aid to driving OOC - with many players opting to just ‘slow down a bit’ if they’re red.

Cheers!

Traffic lights are not synced 1:1 for all parties. You don't have to abide by traffic lights though, but yield at any intersection really. As that's how it works. PD won't stop you because of the traffic lights, but if you don't yield no matter if it's green or red.

From a PD perspective, I have to say this is a gray area as alot of players seem to have their own opinion on this.

The law (penal code) clearly says: ''If there is no other vehicles at the junction, the driver may proceed cautiously through the junction. If the traffic light displays a green light, the driver is not required to yield, and may pass through the intersection without yielding.''

According to the PC, you do not have to yield if the lights are green. If there are sync issues, then this something that should be tested and reviewed.

• 3 weeks later...