Health & Injury | Life & Death | Disease | Illness

Sami.

The value for life is essential, I'm not talking about 'not wanting to die' but taking actions that reflect a will and regard to 'not die', or simply to live, is what I mean.

So how do you create a system that is, firstly, safe from abuse and exploitation, secondly, realistic and beneficial, and thirdly, fun.

The major issue on any RP server, is that where implementing every death on the server as a CK, is much more realistic, much more beneficial, and would increase much better RP. However, if you're on the receiving end, it's not fun.

However, I think that's something that needs to be accepted. If we are all trying to play the same thing here, an accurate reflection of the real world, one of the realist, if not the only definite thing, is death.

Without death, it's very hard to find a reason for living.

For example:

Real Life - Speeds 30-60 mph on the motorway, much more control of the car, much less chance of crashing, much less chance of dying.

GTA:W - Floor the accelerator, speed 60+ mph with no regard for your life, if you crash, your car is broken, that is the biggest burden.

This is my opinion, and don't take what I'm about to say as a part of the suggestion, but as an opinion and perspective that could be very beneficial to the server.

I think that every death on the server should be a CK. This means the LSPD's homicide investigation becomes MUCH more interesting, this also means that gang culture becomes MUCH more realistic. Those who can find ways to make money without resulting in crime, won't have to, and now there is a major repellent to crime.

If every death on the server was permanent, ended up in a full CK - yes, for the first few weeks there would be mayhem, /however/, with the correct OOC administration and regulation, the amount of people dying overall, would be much, much less, and that brings consistency to the stories of multiple characters.

The higher the risk, the more real the reaction.

Injury:

If you are injured, for example, stabbed, that stab wound is real, and when EMS arrives on the scene, they have a genuinely good chance of saving you.

There are times when you don't have a high chance of being saved, i.e getting shot in the head, however, there is still a chance.

I think whether or not a player lives after lethally attacked should be based on phenomenon. There is nothing that dictates whether or not an injury equates to death in real life, and there shouldn't be here either.

Disease:

Disease should also be a thing, things like AIDS, Cancer, HIV, all very real diseases, and through RP and development over time, we could possibly find ways to remedy the general public contracting these diseases, not only does this allow for realism, it allows for jobs and it allows for RP development on a major scale.

This might all be a bad idea, but from what I last remember on the server, there where people in super cars driving around Davis, we need realism.

I only agree with the diseases but it would have to be done well, I have never been a fan of the RNG and I don't want my character to have lung cancer when she hasn't touched a cigarette or in dreams, a system that would affect compulsive smokers, about HIV could be spread by ERP, but not RNG, there would have to be a system that by using used syringes (I don't know exactly how) there is a probability and hence can be infected (Knowing the player that his character could become infected, hence there is the possibility of buying new syringes, for the use of drugs, although the drug system should also be changed).

What I have suggested has some RNG, but it's not a forced RNG, the user knows that there is that probability when using that type of syringes or excessive smoking, so he's the one who decides to look for that and is not imposed by a script, condoms would have a use too.

There has to be a balance between realism and the fact that at the end of the day this is still a video game that people invest in to play for fun. I totally understand your points for CK’s, but it’s simply not a healthy way to approach the issue.

People shouldn’t have to be in fear of losing their heavily invested character for things that are out of their control. If I’m crossing the street, get run over and killed by an out of control car chase, that should not be a CK on my character. You’re punishing my character for something that I had no part in controlling. It’s not fair of you to take that choice away. 

I think the current system they now have in place is pretty solid. CK’s can be done on players who disregard their own safety or fail to RP fear for their lives where appropriate. This strikes a perfect balance between those who abuse PK’s and those who get PK’d by accident or by something out of their control. 

1 minute ago, Kestalas said:

There has to be a balance between realism and the fact that at the end of the day this is still a video game that people invest in to play for fun. I totally understand your points for CK’s, but it’s simply not a healthy way to approach the issue.

People shouldn’t have to be in fear of losing their heavily invested character for things that are out of their control. If I’m crossing the street, get run over and killed by an out of control car chase, that should not be a CK on my character. You’re punishing my character for something that I had no part in controlling. It’s not fair of you to take that choice away. 

I think the current system they now have in place is pretty solid. CK’s can be done on players who disregard their own safety or fail to RP fear for their lives where appropriate. This strikes a perfect balance between those who abuse PK’s and those who get PK’d by accident or by something out of their control. 

This perfectly sums up why none of what you suggested is feasible and outlines the procedures already in place to combat the problems you pointed out.

Same goes for the concept of forcing people to roleplay disease based on a random chance. That's something that the player should opt to roleplay, as opposed to being forced to. Players are free to roleplay diseases if they choose to do so - there doesn't need to be a script for it.

• Upvote 1