[LSN] Harmony Lounge Review

HaveADream

IKWJ4Hu.png

FMJXD2d.png

A Slice of Japan

Harmony Lounge

By Alexa Duet

Step into Los Santos' own slice of Japan in Harmony Lounge. A small but intimate lounge, you'll feel like you've been transported to the other side of the Pacific. Harmony is a great example of making the best out of limited space, every piece of furniture had a purpose, whether in decoration or functionality, and it just feels like the space is used well. In comparison to yesterdays review, Harmony Lounge should be held as an example in interior design. In addition, the exterior is well-fitting, mixing with the theme of 'Japanese retreat'. 

Service, however, is the mark of improvement for Harmony Lounge. While there was nothing particularly wrong with the service at Harmony, the general experience felt abrupt with staff generally appearing short. An incident occurred early in my visit where a woman approached the bar and demanded to be serviced, claiming she had been in the queue for ages, this was met on the defensive by the bar-staff, who instead noted that she had left the queue and then returned, pushing her to the back of the queue. This situation was handled well by the staff, who de-escalated without resorting to childish behaviour, but the interaction left me wondering if it led to the abrupt attitude from the staff during the rest of my visit.  All in all, however, service was generally fine, and there were no serious complaints. It was interesting to note, however, that patrons were not asked for ID at any stage of their visit in my observations, despite being served alcohol. The reasoning for this is unknown.

The music was well in-theme, while it may not be everybody's cup of tea when you head to a Japanese lounge, you should kind of expect what you're actually getting into, music-wise. The genre could be described as Japanese city-pop which, while well in theme with the rest of the venue, felt repetitive after a long period of time. Nevertheless, it should be credited to the venue for breaking the mould and approaching the music in a more unique way than other venues in the city and reaching for a genre that, in my honest opinion, you won't actually hear anywhere else. 

My favourite topic - prices. For a lounge, the venue was very cheap in regards to the neighbourhood it's in the demographics it serves and the general prices you'd expect, with entry costing $350, and drinks costing no more than $50. The venue definitely wins over some credit for its ability to maintain low prices with the crowds it's able to bring in, with prices comparable to even bars. 

To sum it up, Harmony is a nice little place in Vinewood, but it doesn't yet tick all the boxes, one thing it does tick though that's it's definitely worth a visit - and I look forward to seeing how the venue develops over time. 

????☆

LSN is an independent news blog operating within the state of San Andreas. LSN operates under relevant state, municipal and federal laws. To donate to our blog, please email us by clicking this link.

• mj2002 locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic