[LSN] Club Royale Review

HaveADream

IKWJ4Hu.pngjYPCHh6.png

I admit - this is quite the view. 

Club Royale

By Alexa Duet

When you're aiming for a high-end crowd, appearances are everything, and Club Royale wins plaudits for appearances alone. Club Royale is spacious, beautiful and with a great aesthetic. Though as I'm sure you've all heard at some point in your life, size isn't everything. While the club was big and spacious, the inability to bring in large crowds pushed the venue into feeling empty and almost soulless, losing that sense of intimacy that you'd normally expect from a nightclub. Because of this, the overarching experience felt lacking and it's clear that, if anything is to be taken away from this review, it's either adjusting the interior to bring in that intimate feel, or changing strategy to get more people in the door. Even something as insignificant as filling the venue with a bit more furniture to cut the feeling of emptiness would work. 

The theme, or lack thereof, is a constant reminder while in the venue, the feeling of 'royalty' transcends only to the marketing deployed by the venue, while the staffing was far from problematic, it wasn't exactly exceptional, either. It appeared that the staff were simply going through the motions and made no real effort to interact with their customers nor display any sense of customer service, however my interactions with staff were truthfully limited, the display I saw from my observations raised no green flags in my mind. Quite simply, for a place that preaches that it's fit for royalty, the service is more akin to a generic bar, though it can be said that service itself was quick and staff were attentive to changes in the line. In general, the theme was mostly lacking, you'd normally expect a venue in such Rockford Hills to be out of the park in terms of continuous investment, but it appeared that most of the budget for Club Royale was spent on the interior design. Credit due where it's due, it can be said that an attempt wasn't forced through to appear high-class by unjustifiably raising prices, with the venue lying in a similar regard to other venues in the city. 

S7OmXUE.png

Size Isn't Everything

The highlight of my visit to Club Royale was in the music - the music flowed well and the sets songs fit well into each other, there was no jarring differences, raised eyebrows or a break in the funk - from one song into another, you could dance continuously and not even feel a change in the BPM. Not only that, but the DJ interacted with the crowd well, showing off his own moves in the process and beckoning folks onto the dancefloor, there wasn't much to criticise regarding the music other than the fact it seemed mostly in line with what other venues play, Overall, the music was most definitely the highlight of the evening, the DJ was both experienced and reliant on his own skills and was most definitely the stand-out in a simply average night. 

???☆☆

LSN is an independent news blog operating within the state of San Andreas. LSN operates under relevant state, municipal and federal laws. To donate to our blog, please email us by clicking this link.

Edited by HaveADream
  • Applaud 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic