Criminal Role Play

borhoi

there is no such thing as criminal rp

what the fuck is that lmao

there are crimes, but we're all civilians? and is it the singular act of committing a crime that makes you a "criminal RPer"? or is there a threshold? 

what even is a "criminal rp flavor"? the script is highly red taped and there's only a few with access to script mechanics anyway when we're talking about the root of criminal rp (we're talking drugs and guns here), so it doesn't matter for the majority of people.

"criminal rp", or the idea that OP tries to push that there is any sort of dichotomy between players, is a silly concept. if you walk around irl looking at people thinking "this guy is a criminal but this guy isn't" then you're naive. everyone's a criminal, most of us just haven't been caught. if you think you're not a criminal then you don't know your laws well enough.

• Upvote 3
6 hours ago, Dynamite! said:

A lot of things people who only do legal rp seem to not understand is half the people who give crime rp a bad name aren’t in any factions. They’re usually 2 or 3 players who claim to be in a gang and go around robbing and shooting people for no reason. Don’t rope in established factions to that, because nervous and the rest of the faction management are usually strict with roleplaying gangs and criminal factions. 

This right here. All of the worst interacts I’ve had have been with players/groups who I later learned got denied as a faction but then chose to continue the faction anyways.

When a faction gets denied, it means there are flaws in your faction idea. Now, nobody wants to admit that their faction idea is trash and so they Frame their faction denial as “Faction management is horrible and stifling creativity, allow the players to RP!”. Then they continue their group, breaking rules along the way because they have 0 idea what they are doing until eventually they stumble across an actual faction and we have to report it.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
On 12/14/2019 at 2:40 PM, Henning said:

This right here. All of the worst interacts I’ve had have been with players/groups who I later learned got denied as a faction but then chose to continue the faction anyways.

When a faction gets denied, it means there are flaws in your faction idea. Now, nobody wants to admit that their faction idea is trash and so they Frame their faction denial as “Faction management is horrible and stifling creativity, allow the players to RP!”. Then they continue their group, breaking rules along the way because they have 0 idea what they are doing until eventually they stumble across an actual faction and we have to report it.

I agree.

On the other hand, there are so many groups around LS and you don't see many big factions. 

I think it would be better if people join existing factions and perhaps make branches allowing those factions to grow.

On 12/14/2019 at 2:59 PM, maramizo said:

there are crimes, but we're all civilians? and is it the singular act of committing a crime that makes you a "criminal RPer"? or is there a threshold? 

what even is a "criminal rp flavor"? the script is highly red taped and there's only a few with access to script mechanics anyway when we're talking about the root of criminal rp (we're talking drugs and guns here), so it doesn't matter for the majority of people.

"criminal rp", or the idea that OP tries to push that there is any sort of dichotomy between players, is a silly concept. if you walk around irl looking at people thinking "this guy is a criminal but this guy isn't" then you're naive. everyone's a criminal, most of us just haven't been caught. if you think you're not a criminal then you don't know your laws well enough.

This ^ It's just like LS-RP, there are so many players from different backgrounds with different approaches to their roleplay (or lack thereof). For some roleplaying crime is this constant turmoil and drama for their character's existence, and the shit they get into defines how they move forward as a person. For others it's just logging on to fuck shit up, laughing their ass off in discord pretending to be gangbangers IRL, and logging off after about an hour. Both are put in the same boat however. People who don't engage with that roleplay only recall the negative experiences. And the experiences they do have with others they recall as "civilian roleplay". The terms are stupid and it creates an unequal separation that doesn't really exist the way it's described.

People think in singular labels, a criminal must be a gangbanger from Strawberry and a civilian a rich guy from Vinewood. The people who occupy themselves with these types of labels are the same people who'll end up giving you a headache after you roleplay with them. The way I see it? Leave it up to the official factions, they should lock down their roleplay domain and report any mischief to the admins. That way factions don't only regulate themselves, but their surrounding area as well. Factions are going to attract all sorts of players, and illegal factions tend to attract the worst. I'd argue they're the gatekeepers, since a lot of people get caught on account of their roleplay after they start messing with a faction.

The people who can't roleplay, or do stupid shit will get caught eventually anyway. Dismiss the people who are stuck up about how they label your roleplay, make sure you enjoy what you do and stop giving a shit about what others think. As long as you're not breaking the rules, and you actually have a character to back up your roleplay with, you should be allowed to explore whatever you want to explore be it legal or illegal. 90% of these arguments are just people trying to find validation that they're a good roleplayer, throwing around anecdotal points playing themselves off as the oracle of roleplay. Just find something you like to do, and be good at it. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, eTaylor said:

This ^ It's just like LS-RP, there are so many players from different backgrounds with different approaches to their roleplay (or lack thereof). For some roleplaying crime is this constant turmoil and drama for their character's existence, and the shit they get into defines how they move forward as a person. For others it's just logging on to fuck shit up, laughing their ass off in discord pretending to be gangbangers IRL, and logging off after about an hour. Both are put in the same boat however. People who don't engage with that roleplay only recall the negative experiences. And the experiences they do have with others they recall as "civilian roleplay". The terms are stupid and it creates an unequal separation that doesn't really exist the way it's described.

People think in singular labels, a criminal must be a gangbanger from Strawberry and a civilian a rich guy from Vinewood. The people who occupy themselves with these types of labels are the same people who'll end up giving you a headache after you roleplay with them. The way I see it? Leave it up to the official factions, they should lock down their roleplay domain and report any mischief to the admins. That way factions don't only regulate themselves, but their surrounding area as well. Factions are going to attract all sorts of players, and illegal factions tend to attract the worst. I'd argue they're the gatekeepers, since a lot of people get caught on account of their roleplay after they start messing with a faction.

The people who can't roleplay, or do stupid shit will get caught eventually anyway. Dismiss the people who are stuck up about how they label your roleplay, make sure you enjoy what you do and stop giving a shit about what others think. As long as you're not breaking the rules, and you actually have a character to back up your roleplay with, you should be allowed to explore whatever you want to explore be it legal or illegal. 90% of these arguments are just people trying to find validation that they're a good roleplayer, throwing around anecdotal points playing themselves off as the oracle of roleplay. Just find something you like to do, and be good at it. 

On 12/14/2019 at 5:59 AM, maramizo said:

Very good post.

Edited by Captain
8 hours ago, eTaylor said:

amen 

Do something that you are good at, and do your research before you try out new roleplay, otherwise, you'll be mocked, like it or not. Personally, I just study what I'm going to be roleplaying before I make it, also don't be a "spoon-feed me roleplay" type of a person, just roleplay for the sake of creating roleplay. Also, do it REALISTICALLY, don't be RPing gang-related, yet you drive pimped out Sultans. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Dynamite! said:

Crime roleplay is fucking dying honestly. Some dumbfuck learns how to get guns, suddenly he’s the new crip/blood faction, and they’re gonna ruin shit by bringing their friends on and fucking over actually good factions into archiving. 

Crime roleplay is well and thriving, you just have to distance yourself from those who you consider the "problem". There are many good potential spots in LS where you can set up. ❤️

• Applaud 1