Interest from bank

CallumRoy

Short description:  You should gain interest on your money like in real life from the bank. It would boost players money and help them out.

Detailed description: When you put money in a bank account, the bank gives you free money.

Commands to add: None

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server? People who would like to watch their money grow, they can gain interest.

Additional information: N/A

Edited by CallumRoy

I think you would have to come up with an extremely detailed suggestion for this purpose, if this is something you want to see on this server. It has been brought up countless times, but it wont go through and here is why.

This server don't reward players for no effort. This is the exact same reason that the staff team is trying hard to eliminate everything called grinding jobs, which they have practically almost succeeded with.  Just because people are online a lot and got a lot of hours on their characters, they should not be rewarded with in-game currency for not contributing to the server through RP. - This would eventually also make people log on and be afk to "farm" paychecks, which would just put more unnecessary work upon the staff team.

Interests is a great idea. At least the thought about it. But it has also been the downfall of many many servers economy. 

• Upvote 1

Interests IRL don't allow you to earn enough money to not have to work and/or increase your wealth, unless you're putting huge sums in investments.

On every other servers, interests, even if it's a tiny return like .5%, snowball into a fortune. This is because the interests compound extremely fast compared to real life (On each paycheck, usually).

This leads to massive inflation and completely destroys the value of things.

Just a suggestion: What were to exist if interest were to accumulate based on /mes?

I.E. One hour of /me results in gaining a 0.5% interest increase, identical to jobs. It would prevent AFK farming and allow dedicated roleplayers to accumulate only a small percentage of their wealth.