American RP and LSPD + standards:

Hey. I've been playing on the server for sometime now, and a thing I've noticed and wanted to provide constructive criticism on the roleplay I've encountered with the LSPD. Every time I've ran into the LSPD, I've noticed that they either a. Don't understand American culture or lingo very well or b. RP a super-mega-robo-cop or c. their RP and grammar are very sub-par. 

For reason a. Simply put, I've seen a lot of police officers saying stuff that we normally don't say in America such as: Mate, and Oi. Now it's one thing if you are RPing your character being from somewhere they do typically say that  (I would not assume this is the case for most) but most police I see say "mate, oi" - or act like how they would in real life. They forget they're role playing a character. I suggest that for anybody that is foreign and doesn't really understand how we speak in America, go watch vlogs or something similar of people's daily life in LA or interviews. 

B. I've had a few run ins with other police where it's like they don't even want to interact with the civilians. Every time you approach a cop they're very hostile. You have to remember when you're roleplaying a LEO that you're not in the mafia. 

C. The worst part of the whole thing is the grammar and RP standards. I think legal roleplay in general should have a high standard of who gets in. A lot of people I've seen in LSPD especially have very very poor grammar. For example, I've seen people not use correct punctuation and just do silly /me's. I even seen someone do:

"Johnny_Cop says: ..." 

What is "..."  ? 

I asked them and they said that is how they RP silence. This is simply incorrect. There are other ways to RP being silent, or just quiet but putting three periods is not one.

I don't know, just some constructive criticism, in my opinion on something that I think needs to be addressed. Thanks.

b14d70f88e2028351c38fab6a07e5c51.png

I had more SS's of examples but I lost like 5 of them, not to single these two out! They're not the only ones, it's just something that is actually happening is all. 

Edited by Ronnie two poles
  • Upvote 2

I have had instances where I’ve approached officers and felt the same way you do. Some of them are very short and standoffish, which I try not to presume because that could be their character. I’ve had several occasions where their overall tone suggested that I was outright bothering them. 

Then again I’ve had other officers stop and simply have a conversation for no reason. So I applaud those characters. There is a very real difference between those two types of LEO’s though. You either get the occasional ones who are chatty and helpful or you get the ones that can’t be bothered to listen to you. Can’t expect all of them to be good right? Lol we’re all human. 

Edited by Kestalas
1 hour ago, Kestalas said:

I have had instances where I’ve approached officers and felt the same way you do. Some of them are very short and standoffish, which I try not to presume because that could be their character. I’ve had several occasions where their overall tone suggested that I was outright bothering them. 

Then again I’ve had other officers stop and simply have a conversation for no reason. So I applaud those characters. There is a very real difference between those two types of LEO’s though. You either get the occasional ones who are chatty and helpful or you get the ones that can’t be bothered to listen to you. Can’t expect all of them to be good right? Lol we’re all human. 

I just feel like some of them let their IRL emotions carry their character. We are here to RP what our in-game person feels, not our emotions. As we are not RPing our self. 

• Björk locked this topic