The Republican Party

GOP.thumb.png.2a0d6666c3fa7a61d936edd0321f3eb5.png

Founded in 1854, the American Republican Party (Grand Old Party) has been around for over 150 years. Propelled into dominance with the famous President Abraham Lincoln, the party pushed for an end to slavery and economic reform to the country. However, around the 1960s the political 'base 'of the party shifted from being the wealthy north to the conservative south. This was echoed by the party's politics shifting to a more conservative 'right'.

Today the party has revamped its efforts to gain a seat in the politics of Los Santos, running under a modern platform of expanding 2nd (A) rights, economic policy, community outreach and financial programs.

Chairman

Oswald Halford
I3KLSum.jpg

Who's involved?

Chairman: Oswald Halford
Board: N/A

Who is Oswald Halford?

With these challenging words, Oswald Halford launched his campaign for office. His force and clarity reflects the needs for millions of Los Santos Citizens. They are the words of a businessman and a dedicated servant turned statesman who will accept no substitutes for the fundamental American principles. They are the words of a dedicated servant seeking out one of our City's highest offices: not to satisfy personal ambition, but to lead a crusade which will restore pride and self-reliance at home and respect abroad.

Throughout his public career, Oswald Halford has never made appeals to special interest groups. He never will. He is an American who will work hard for Los Santos: not for one particular section, class or group but for all of Los Santos. He is one man in public life who can transform principles into programs to produce a stronger Los Santos and a stronger free city.

What's the party standing for?

The Republican Party (GOP) is an economically right party with notable attempts made to 'keep up with the times'. The party overwhelmingly stands for support of guns and allowing more freedom for people to be able to wield guns and protect their property. Community outreach is a major focus of our mission, we seek to get in touch more with all groups in Los Santos. The party is also championing a reform to the way business aid will be distributed with grants being given. 

You can view our official Agenda below;

HERE

OTxKczf.png

((OOC))

So with setting up this party, all involved hope to be able to create a realistic portrayal of politics to bring to the server. Research has been done into how the party functions IRL including agreed on changes of policy for quality of life. 

We only conduct party recruitment ICly so seeking to get involved by contacting me OOC will simply not work. 

The thread is also going to be continuously under work, as with the progression and development of the party we will be able to add new things to our thread.

Any complaints about the party I ask that they are directed to me and I will seek to respond to them within 48 hours, but I hope it won't come to that.

A final disclaimer in regards to The Republican Party, we are aware that the policies may not be entirely in line with what is historically sought when you see a Republican a lot of this has to do with the way GTAW functions economically and OOCly. Our intentions are to keep this as genuine as possible. By doing our research into state/municipal politics, we found the agenda of each party shifts to fit the demographics. So whilst this strikes few similarities to its Federal counterpart, its policies are forged on the every liberalizing ideas of the servers demographic. Where applicable we follow traditional Republican social policy, however, stances on topics such as abortion are null as not many people actually roleplay pregnancy, however it is obvious that we would be against abortion nevertheless.

Edited by NexusExodus
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
51 minutes ago, Lerius said:

Republicans in favor of legalizing marijuana, thats something new.

It's mentioned in my disclaimer section why this was done. We have internal council chamber meetings discussing such policies all the time. 

Edited by Mecovy
30 minutes ago, Lerius said:

Republicans in favor of legalizing marijuana, thats something new.

It's part of the manifesto, but that doesn't mean everyone is particularly in favour or in agreement of it. You'll have some in favour, and others not - just like you have disagreements on policies among any other political organisation.

• 3 weeks later...