Major frame drops with MSAA

Mecovy

So since about a week ago, I could rock about with 8x MSAA on an Intel i7 7700k, 1080, 16bg ram build. But since I can barely run 2x MSAA without lagging, 8x MSAA is a mere 4fps for me. 

Is anyone else having this trouble, and if so do you have a fix?

2 hours ago, JohnCenalol said:

In La Mesa there is alone like what 40 car models standing just like that? Busch Logistics, Gruppe 6 and FD.

3 hours ago, roozles said:

Yeah, same. I'm getting massive FPS drops every now and then when I am driving. Didn't experience this before and didn't touch my settings / updated my drivers either.

Its brought on after about 30 minutes of consecutive game play. And it occurs in sandy also. 

39 minutes ago, Mecovy said:

Its brought on after about 30 minutes of consecutive game play. And it occurs in sandy also. 

Well it clearly has to do something with the more recent updates of the game and drivers. I will run some tests and come back in a day or two to determine possible causes.

On 12/1/2019 at 3:54 AM, MikeTheMike said:

My 1060 runs the game at 8x MSAA - with everything maxed at roughly 40 FPS or so. Have you updated your drivers recently? I down-graded my drivers to a build from a few months ago as I was having really bad frame drops.

I am running on a 1060 too, with an i7 7700K on 8x MSAA and everything else maxed out, and getting a steady 40-50 FPS, don't think it's dropped lower than that.

• Bash locked this topic