remove the silly ooc restriction on who gets to use the second amendment

maramizo

Just now, Tennplugg said:

It was put in place because of how legal Firearms flooded the illegal market:) 

I’d rather keep it instead of a hard banging gangster pulling up to Ammunition to cop a Glock 

except thats what they do irl. that or literally purchase firearm parts and assemble them (which is perfectly legal).

also note that heavier firearms are only available through illegal methods. good luck standing with a glock vs an uzi.

Edited by maramizo
Just now, maramizo said:

except thats what they do irl. that or literally purchase firearm parts and assemble them (which is perfectly legal).

also note that heavier firearms are only available through illegal methods. good luck standing with a glock vs an uzi.

We can just get rid of weapon suppliers then? People went for the Easy route of applying for a weapons license instead of buying from actual suppliers. 
yeah, I know people buy weapon parts and assemble them, but there isn’t a system for it. 

IMO, I’d rather keep the restriction. 

10 minutes ago, Tennplugg said:

We can just get rid of weapon suppliers then? People went for the Easy route of applying for a weapons license instead of buying from actual suppliers. 
yeah, I know people buy weapon parts and assemble them, but there isn’t a system for it. 

IMO, I’d rather keep the restriction. 

these two are not replacements to each other and never will be

In my opinion the current system works just fine. Not having easy access to firearms actually prompts gangs to make connections to those who do, which in turn allows for more roleplay and interactions instead of someone just going to their local Ammunation and doing '/me buys a gun'.

You could argue that guns and the people that willingly supply them aren't easy to come by, but that's the point, they aren't meant to be common and everyone isn't meant to have one. If every criminal could just apply for a PF license the illegal arms market wouldn't exist as no one would have a need to buy weapons from said arms dealers.

2 hours ago, maramizo said:

was making a pf license application when i came across this joke of a paragraph

image.png.3a855910ae7e871a968a8d06595437bd.png

i don't know what sort of clown set this into motion but this makes no sense. in what world do non-convicted gang members not have access to guns? 

In what world does a gang member (convicted or not), who inevitably is going to have some sort of confrontation involving a weapon, would want a weapon that's legally tied to their own name? When someone who is gang affiliated wants to get themselves or a fellow gang member a weapon, 9 times out of 10 they are going to get one on the street. Less red tape, less chance the weapon can be tied back to them if something happens. It opens up avenues for illegal weapons suppliers, which is how it should be in my opinion. The rule makes perfect sense to me.

Edited by Kestalas
20 minutes ago, Kestalas said:

In what world does a gang member (convicted or not), who inevitably is going to have some sort of confrontation involving a weapon, would want a weapon that's legally tied to their own name? When someone who is gang affiliated wants to get themselves or a fellow gang member a weapon, 9 times out of 10 they are going to get one on the street. Less red tape, less chance the weapon can be tied back to them if something happens. It opens up avenues for illegal weapons suppliers, which is how it should be in my opinion. The rule makes perfect sense to me.

This is not true, lots of gang members and criminals in general obtain licensed weapons for the same reasons normal people get them. Lots also use this to abuse systems. It's common in many states with lax gun laws. At large, being associated or a member(former or current) of a criminal organization does not strip you of your ability to own a firearm. Most states do not have a requirement or law declining people of above stature legal firearms, and in some occasions proposed ammendments to state laws to do such have been turned down.

Street guns or guns that aren't directly from a trusted source (straw-sellers, stolen from collectors, etc), carry a major risk, IF you get caught with the gun, everything that gun is connected to is on you. So, instead of having a legal gun, and possibly having a charge or two, you could end up taking 3-4 murder charges for simply having it. 

'Illegal weapons suppliers' in the way it works in roleplay servers is a fantasy. 

Edited by Midwest

It's worth noting that it doesn't say CRIMINALS, just gang members.

Yes, if we're talking realism, you'd be completely fine to do whatever you want. All some states do is a background check for a violent criminal record. If you're in a gang, detectives might have some kind of file tracking you, but it won't interrupt your ability to get a gun if your record is clean.

Here, it's a rule because apparently gangs were using their members with clean records to be gun vending machines. The restriction seems fine IMO, because people will always abuse something like that if it's available. It's not a matter of realism, it's a matter of exploiting the system.

Your character can be as shady as you want and associate with all kinds of criminals. If their record is clean and they're not IN a gang, they're free to sell off their guns and risk the IC consequences..

Edited by Havana