remove the silly ooc restriction on who gets to use the second amendment

maramizo

37 minutes ago, Midwest said:

'Illegal weapons suppliers' in the way it works in roleplay servers is a fantasy. 

a-fucking-men.

also people keep repeating the same dumb statement "illegal market wouldn't exist"... except this rule wasn't in place a few months back, and guess what, illegal market was doing fine. 

55 minutes ago, Kestalas said:

In what world does a gang member (convicted or not), who inevitably is going to have some sort of confrontation involving a weapon, would want a weapon that's legally tied to their own name? When someone who is gang affiliated wants to get themselves or a fellow gang member a weapon, 9 times out of 10 they are going to get one on the street. Less red tape, less chance the weapon can be tied back to them if something happens. It opens up avenues for illegal weapons suppliers, which is how it should be in my opinion. The rule makes perfect sense to me.

lol.................................

If this were the real world, the only people being issued CCWs would be doctors and lawyers. LA County is a "shall-issue" county and they don't bother to issue gun licenses unless you're best friends with a few political fixers. The most draconian firearms laws in the entire country are in LA County.

• Upvote 2

I prefer the current system & I'd rather not have the majority of the supply come from PFs. This boosts illegal faction roleplay and will make the system more fun/complex, reliant on connections rather than a friend applying for a PF, this also restricts less-than realistic roleplayers from supplying factions with legal firearms.

38 minutes ago, maramizo said:

a-fucking-men.

also people keep repeating the same dumb statement "illegal market wouldn't exist"... except this rule wasn't in place a few months back, and guess what, illegal market was doing fine. 

lol.................................

Which LAC agency would give your raggedy-ass low income housing unit living gang banger a weapon license?

It's definitely weird that having no criminal record but roleplaying with a gang = you can't buy a firearm. I don't believe that is the situation in real life so I'm not sure why it's that way in game so I do agree with you there.

On the other hand, it doesn't help when 95% of the server are using legally purchased firearms for their murders. 

Just now, Mantle said:

It's definitely weird that having no criminal record but roleplaying with a gang = you can't buy a firearm. I don't believe that is the situation in real life so I'm not sure why it's that way in game so I do agree with you there.

Probably because it's much easier and faster to do it this way instead of doing lengthy background checks into a person's character. 

2 minutes ago, Mantle said:

On the other hand, it doesn't help when 95% of the server are using legally purchased firearms for their murders. 

see i think we're onto something from that approach. i think roleplay should lead to more roleplay and that creativity should not be disrupted. if that's what's happening, an exaggerated amount of murders occurring through LEGAL firearms, then clearly there should be more active detectives in the LSPD. the new corpse system is good or so i've heard. so rather than shutting it down through silly OOC stuff, let it happen and encourage more specific sorts of roleplay that tackle that issue

1 minute ago, eTaylor said:

Probably because it's much easier and faster to do it this way instead of doing lengthy background checks into a person's character. 

You can own a license and be in a gang in the USA. All that should matter really for this type of shit is your criminal record. Is it clean? You can buy a gun, legally. Have you been convicted of a felony? You can't.

Just now, Mantle said:

You can own a license and be in a gang in the USA. All that should matter really for this type of shit is your criminal record. Is it clean? You can buy a gun, legally. Have you been convicted of a felony? You can't.

46 minutes ago, Bospy said:

If this were the real world, the only people being issued CCWs would be doctors and lawyers. LA County is a "shall-issue" county and they don't bother to issue gun licenses unless you're best friends with a few political fixers. The most draconian firearms laws in the entire country are in LA County.

??????