The Irishman (Netflix)

Batter Up

Featuring Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, and Joe Pecci.

Robert De Niro, Al Pacino and Joe Pesci star in Martin Scorsese’s THE IRISHMAN, an epic saga of organized crime in post-war America told through the eyes of World War II veteran Frank Sheeran, a hustler and hitman who worked alongside some of the most notorious figures of the 20th Century. Spanning decades, the film chronicles one of the greatest unsolved mysteries in American history, the disappearance of legendary union boss Jimmy Hoffa, and offers a monumental journey through the hidden corridors of organized crime: its inner workings, rivalries and connections to mainstream politics.

Was a decent film but I honestly feel as if it didn't need to be as long as it was. Can argue that it had to be because of the years of build up but they could have done that in a range of different ways that wouldn't have had the amount of build up to the end (which most people know about) overall was a half decent movie.

47 minutes ago, Rascal Doporto said:

Was a decent film but I honestly feel as if it didn't need to be as long as it was. Can argue that it had to be because of the years of build up but they could have done that in a range of different ways that wouldn't have had the amount of build up to the end (which most people know about) overall was a half decent movie.

I could understand where you're coming from but I'd rather a 3 hour movie that was good than a mediocre 2 hour film. Just sad to say that it's probably going to be the last mobster movie with all three of the legends together. It was one of the best movies I seen in a while though.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Rascal Doporto said:

I loved every minute of it, they took their time to tell the story and it was really well done.

A amazing fucking movie. I've read the book that the movies based on, and alot of other books on the Italian Cosa Nostra in general. I can confirm that the movie is very true to the subject matter, and very historically accurate. I expected nothing less from Martin Scorsese. Big fan, better than Goodfella's in my opinion.

39 minutes ago, Benny Black said:

A amazing fucking movie. I've read the book that the movies based on, and alot of other books on the Italian Cosa Nostra in general. I can confirm that the movie is very true to the subject matter, and very historically accurate. I expected nothing less from Martin Scorsese. Big fan, better than Goodfella's in my opinion.

Benny Do be spitting straight facts.

• 3 weeks later...

Scorsese is one of few that tries to stick as close to the actual narrative as possible. That’s if you can believe everything that Sheeran said to be true. Lots of people claimed to have partook in the disappearance of Hoffa. It’s a slow burner but a very good movie with some very talented actors.

This scene is one of my favourites, especially the realization he’s going to the clink.

• Upvote 1
  • Gall locked this topic