Character Creation (Face/Skin)

YWard

In this guide, I'll be walking you through how to create your own unique character in GTA World.

This guide series will be divided into 3 parts:

1. Skin Creation. (This Part)
  2. Clothing System. Link
  3. Hair Style. Link

Skin Creation (Your character's Face):

The skin creation screen may appear complex in the start but in fact, it's very easy once you understand what the different options do, and how they affect your character's looks.

0qinOc3.png

Upon creating your very first character you'll be prompted to choose the skin of your character.

You have 2 ways of going about us:

• Pick of of PEDS skins (Warning: Customization is very limited except for the 3 main protagonists)
  • Create your own unique character using the character editor feature (a simulation of GTAO character creator for GT-MP)

In this guide I'll be covering the later option only with explanations for how the different options affect your character and how to RPly pick a skin that reflects your character's heritage, much like with the GTA Online editor.

Before getting into details, let me explain how the skin editor works. It basically blends 2 different Models/Faces morphing them into one new face that has features of both the faces. Think of it as a father and a mother, and their child gets facial features from both of them as well as the skin tone/color.

The way I personally create my characters is the following:

1. I pick one of the faces to reflect my character's father and the other to reflect my character's mother.
  2. I decide how much resemblance do my character have to both his parents and set the percentages accordingly.
  3. I then proceed to add details to my character's face, adjusting his facial features as I may.

Let's see how is that done in the script:

The Father:

• I'll use the "Head Blend 1" slot to represent the father's looks, but before that, we need to disable the mother's effect on the face, so whatever we pick in Head Blend 1 is whatever we see. For that we need to set "1 <- Blind Mix -> 2" to 0.
  • Now we'll simply browse through all the possible faces in "Head Blend 1" until we find a face that resemble the father.
  • That's it!

The Mother:

• We apparently will use "Head Blend 2" slot to represent the mother's looks. This time we need to disable father's effect on the face, so whatever we pick in Head Blend 2 is what we see. For that we need to set "1 <- Blind Mix -> 2" to 100. (Important note: even if it's already at 100, just change to 99 then back to 100 for it to take effect)
  • Now we browse "Head Blend 2" until we find a face that resembles the mother.

The Character (The basics):

• Now that you've picked both your parent's faces, all you need to do is to set how much they resemble each of their parents by changing the values of "1 <- Blind Mix -> 2" where values close to 0 is more of the father and values close to 100 is more of the mother.
  • For the skin tone it's the exact same process as the blind mix, but instead we change the value of "1 <- Skin Mix -> 2".
  • By doing this you're done with creating basic face, in the next section we'll cover fine tuning that face further.

The Character (Advanced Facial Features):

The editor allows you to edit each and every single detail of your facial features, I'll be covering how each option affects your face in this section.

Nose Width:

Description:

the name is accurate, it reflects how wide the nose is.

Values:

-100 is narrow | 100 being wide

Nose Vertical:

Description:

It defines how long the nose is, in the vertical direction (i.e. ends closer to mouth or a bit up).

Values:

-100 up | 100 Bottom

Nose horizontal:

Description:

It defines how much the nose protrudes out.

Values:

-100 Long | 100 Short

Nose Curve:

Description:

Defines how curved the nose line is.

Values:

-100 not curved | 100 curved

Nose Point:

Description:

Defines the shape of your nose point.

Values:

-100 up (think Michael Jackson) | 100 down

Nose Bend:

Description:

Defines how much the nose line is bent.

Values:

-100 bent out | 100 bent in

Eyebrow Vertical:

Description:

Defines eyebrow's vertical location.

Values:

-100 up | 100 down

Eyebrow Horizontal:

Description:

Defines whether Eyebrows protrude or not.

Values:

-100 in | 100 out

Malar Vertical:

Description:

Cheek's vertical adjustment.

Values:

100 down | -100 up

Malar Horizontal:

Description:

Cheek's protrusion from the face.

Values:

100 out | -100 in

Cheekbone Depth:

Description:

Depth of the cheek.

Values:

-100 in | out 100

Squint:

Description:

Defines whether the eyes are wide or narrow:

Values:

100 Asian (narrow eyes) | -100 Caucasian (wide eyes)

Lip Size:

Description:

Whether lips are full or thin.

Values:

100 thin lip | -100 full lip

Jawline Vertical:

Description:

Jaw's vertical adjustment.

Values:

100 Manly/Sharp | -100 feminine/Round

Jawline horizontal:

Description:

Whether jaw is high or low.

Values:

-100 up | 100 down

Chin Size:

Description:

The name describes it.

Values:

100 big | -100 small

Chin Length:

Description:

Chin Protrusion.

Values:

100 out | -100 in

Chin Width:

Description:

Name is clear enough

Values:

100 wide | -100 thin

Chin Indent:

Description:

Also name is accurate enough.

Value:

100 deep one |  -100 doesn't have one.

Other options such as blemishes, sun burn ...etc are easy to figure out and require no explanations.

Result:

NhZlrZl.png

Notes and tips:

-You may change your skin after character creation by heading into one of the plastic surgeons indicated in the map.

-For PEDS skins changing facial hair might be possible using plastic surgeon, experiment with the texture values of the face.

-This guide will be updated with more formatting photos at a later time.

-Feel free to comment with questions or notes!

PEDS Skins: https://wiki.gtanet.work/index.php?title=Peds

(Credits to Dopli for the PEDS Skins link)

Edited by JoeWarner
56 minutes ago, Mecovy said:

Is it just me rite, but i do some custom stuff and my arms vanish?

It's because otherwise sometimes you would see your arms out of some clothes. The goal is to remove the arms models when you have let's say a vest, so that the two models does not overlap each others.

It's forbidden of course to walk around without any arms and no vest to "hide" this.

2 hours ago, Mecovy said:

Is it just me rite, but i do some custom stuff and my arms vanish?

I'll cover the clothing and facial hair with details in the next part of this guide, but basically what Nervous said.

We have multiple "Torso" and "Undershirt" options to go together with "Shirt".

The best way to go about this is simply picking transparent Torso and Undershirt, then once you've picked the right shirt for you, pick the undershirt that matches it/completes it and do the torso part last, to show your hands while make sure no torso part is showing through clothes or overlapping with it. (Keep trying different torsos until only what you need shown is there without ruining the shirt.)

On 10/1/2017 at 11:01 PM, barneymk said:

After seeing this guide, I will have to get familiar with the system. Right now my character is the basic as it can get, only has a long hair :D

Let me know if you run into issues, I'm always willing to help buddy!