Winter Roleplay

mafioSSi

This topic has been suggested countless times in the past. It has been rejected based on the notion that it is unrealistic, as the temperature within California would prevent any snow from remaining on the ground. You might observe snowflakes, falling from the sky, once or twice per year, on rare occasions. However, it would not form snow on the ground, as the heated climate would prevent snow from being visible on the ground. It COULD snow on top of Mount Chillad. However, i'd rather prioritize on other developments, as having snow, once per year, on a mountain isn't a massive priority compared to the formation of a prison system or corpse mechanics. 

• Upvote 1

There can be more frequent rain or storms, but the idea of snow falling in an area like Los Angeles just seems weird. Like DLimit mentioned, I'd much rather the team's efforts are focused on the more important features rather than something trivial that will only be around once per year.

1 hour ago, DLimit said:

This topic has been suggested countless times in the past. It has been rejected based on the notion that it is unrealistic, as the temperature within California would prevent any snow from remaining on the ground. You might observe snowflakes, falling from the sky, once or twice per year, on rare occasions. However, it would not form snow on the ground, as the heated climate would prevent snow from being visible on the ground. It COULD snow on top of Mount Chillad. However, i'd rather prioritize on other developments, as having snow, once per year, on a mountain isn't a massive priority compared to the formation of a prison system or corpse mechanics. 

Sums up. It’s been brought up before and shut down several times. I’m gonna agree with the above quote.

Snow would be nice and all but defeats the realism part.

Considering we're on a roleplaying server that emulates Los Angeles, roleplaying snow in such an area seems weird and is not consistent with what we are trying to portray. I remember back in 2017 when the snow had reached out to Sandy Shores and it was so weird considering it's a patch of desert that's meant to be hot.

Also:

This was the Great Snow Debate of 2018 as some people call it that pretty much ruled this idea out from happening again in the future.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if it's possible but there is that snowy map in single players intro. Could we stick a TP point at the airport that takes you to it? Maybe only accessible for a week over Christmas? I agree with the no snow in Los Santos though. We did this argument last year and it didn't go well haha

48 minutes ago, SULLI said:

Not sure if it's possible but there is that snowy map in single players intro. Could we stick a TP point at the airport that takes you to it? Maybe only accessible for a week over Christmas? I agree with the no snow in Los Santos though. We did this argument last year and it didn't go well haha

The main problem of that map is that it's floating in the air on a coast of Los Santos, it can be seen from afar, in addition, some areas have invisible walls, that map is a temporary map that Rockstar put in LS for the intro, although I don't know if it would be possible to out the map in another virtual world.

Edited by Jennie
  • Selena locked this topic