Mixing OOC on FB

aldo

There wouldn't be any posts on General Discussions if people weren't here typing up paragraphs about what each other RP.

I mean, in real life, just about all the older folks on my Facebook talk politics pretty regular. If it ain't politics, it's some kind of game they play daily or comment on what the younger generation is up to. Only problem I can see people having with American politics and all that on FaceBrowser is if they aren't from America/aren't caught up on current events which is still realistic cause not everyone cares enough to even know politics so just scroll past that on FaceBrowser and interact with the posts you want to interact with and that's it.

1 hour ago, DS said:

There wouldn't be any posts on General Discussions if people weren't here typing up paragraphs about what each other RP.

I mean, in real life, just about all the older folks on my Facebook talk politics pretty regular. If it ain't politics, it's some kind of game they play daily or comment on what the younger generation is up to. Only problem I can see people having with American politics and all that on FaceBrowser is if they aren't from America/aren't caught up on current events which is still realistic cause not everyone cares enough to even know politics so just scroll past that on FaceBrowser and interact with the posts you want to interact with and that's it.

Nah the problem is that people care too much about 'GTA 5 Lore' & get upset when people mention things that conflict with their views on how people should roleplay (example, mentioning trump, rl events, etc, etc). That's what this whole thread's about, it's not really about people not knowing about american politics.

People should stop stressing over all this gta 5 lore bullshit and focus on roleplaying their characters, it'd improve the quality of the server tenfold.

2 hours ago, El Ghetto Man said:

People should stop stressing over all this gta 5 lore bullshit and focus on roleplaying their characters, it'd improve the quality of the server tenfold.

Unpopular opinion: People preoccupied with policing how other people roleplay are typically projecting their own insecurities about their own roleplay onto others because they are afraid of being called out for their own roleplay, so they preemptively attack others instead.

Facebook IRL is stuffed with stupid shit all around, Facebrowser isn't any different. I'd argue it's better to just let them do their thing and ignore them, it doesn't effect you or anyone anyway. If someone is offering legitimate feedback about your character with the intention  to help you you'll easily identify that, as opposed  to someone just trying to get confirmation about their own perceived supremacy. Not directed to you specifically, but  you should never let other people playing a game ruin it for you. If people get genuinely frustrated or bothered by a post on Facebrowser I'd argue they seriously need to reevaluate their priorities in life.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

I always just laugh when characters that are supposed to be American start talking about rugby shit and British stuff in general, we don't talk about that shit nor do the majority of us have any care for it, everything else I don't really mind. IRL events are IRL events, it's only natural people meme about it or talk about it depending on how their character reacts to it (or they react to it if they're not a good RPer and cant separate themselves from their char)

The only real issue I have personally tho is when you see people literally oocly posting on FB, whether posts or comment sections. I get it if it's like ((This is supposed to be that!)) to describe something, sure I'll let that slide but when someone posts smth another person doesn't like and they comment some shit like "lol where u get that, menyoo?" icly it's just as bad as people unironically using mallrat in IC chat when it's an ooc term from a whole nother server lmao it's just wack and shows me that they're not here to actually RP and/or have very low standards of RP.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
34 minutes ago, Smonk said:

I always just laugh when characters that are supposed to be American start talking about rugby shit and British stuff in general, we don't talk about that shit nor do the majority of us have any care for it, everything else I don't really mind. IRL events are IRL events, it's only natural people meme about it or talk about it depending on how their character reacts to it (or they react to it if they're not a good RPer and cant separate themselves from their char)

The only real issue I have personally tho is when you see people literally oocly posting on FB, whether posts or comment sections. I get it if it's like ((This is supposed to be that!)) to describe something, sure I'll let that slide but when someone posts smth another person doesn't like and they comment some shit like "lol where u get that, menyoo?" icly it's just as bad as people unironically using mallrat in IC chat when it's an ooc term from a whole nother server lmao it's just wack and shows me that they're not here to actually RP and/or have very low standards of RP.

If you see people posting OOCly on FB please forward it to staff, we'll sort it out quickly.

• Upvote 1
On 1/2/2020 at 4:32 PM, Smonk said:

icly it's just as bad as people unironically using mallrat in IC chat when it's an ooc term from a whole nother server lmao

Yeah can someone clear it up? Is mallrat an ic slang or is it ooc? i’ve been told different answers like 50 times.

Just now, Max3 said:

Yeah can someone clear it up? Is mallrat an ic slang or is it ooc? i’ve been told different answers like 50 times.

its obviously a ooc slang from lsrp, whoever said it ic should be reported. 

1 hour ago, LPX said:

its obviously a ooc slang from lsrp, whoever said it ic should be reported. 

I disagree lmao i don’t think you should report someone for saying a word but if your feelings are so strong for that word you do you bro.