How to improve crime rp

Max3

29 minutes ago, Henning said:

We get it. You loved "Ras".

Your one character does not set a bar for RP on this server. Your entire argument in the last six of these threads has been "People are doing X and I did Y, therefor, X is bad". What might have been bad RP for your character isn't always bad RP for a different character. 

It's actually addressing the issue of mass-robbing and mass-PKing characters within the illegal R.P. world. I've shared countless other examples of players that were able to roleplay as illegal criminals without basing their entire character around mass-PKs and robberies, alongside with referencing data suggesting that even Compton doesn't possess a large murder-count than Davis, alone.

It isn't simply a "Love Ras, be like Ras". Neither did I claim that every one had to be identical to Ras. However, when addressing methods towards increasing the quality of roleplay within the criminal world, it wouldn't be a negative idea to list examples of higher-quality roleplay situations. If one examines the player reports, at this exact moment, you'll witness at least six different reports regarding incidences that occurred in Davis, alone, within the past ten days. Maybe it isn't a negative idea for players to list examples of their high-quality criminal R.P. situations to lead by example, as-well? 

It's an issue with Davis, not the entirety of criminal factions on the server. 

Overall, the majority of the players seem to be proclaiming that the main issue with illegal roleplay is the notion that every thing tends to escalate to gun violence. Thus, to list one example from one of my characters is not an issue. Others should probably list their own examples to display scenarios that involved resolving conflict without firearms.

We actually have guides on how to roleplay as a lower-income resident within Davis/Rancho/Strawberry/Chamberlains from both a Hispanic and African-American perspective... which emphasizes on character development and actually proclaims that homicide should be a last and rare resort, as most gang-members join their sets in-between the ages of 14-17.

Every one's always upset that a person has an example, then they argue that people should lead by example.

Edited by DLimit
7 hours ago, DLimit said:

It wasn't intended to spark any drama, what-so-ever. It is used to reflect that players should seek alternative forms of roleplay beyond simply robbing players. I'm not even overexaggerating the claim, as all of my characters have been robbed in Davis for minuscule reasons. You'll probably bash me for stating which characters and which situations, like before, but I can gladly list the case studies, if needed, with context. I had actually reported one incident on this issue on the forums. I've been roleplaying in Davis for six months, and it hasn't been this bad until recently. During the majority of the occasions, it was caused by players that do not possess a faction thread within the forums. Nontheless, it's still the topic of criminal R.P.

It is a constructive argument when combined with my other arguments within the thread, suggesting that illegal roleplayers within Davis should attempt to diversify their R.P. beyond simply narcotics and firearms.

We're not policing illegal R.P., we're merely producing recommendations and suggestions in order to enhance the state of illegal R.P. 

P.S. All of my responses have been in regards to the criminal R.P. in Davis, not criminal R.P. as a whole. 

what does your character being robbed in a poverty ridden area have to do with illegal rp being bad?  maybe just dont go to that area?

as rumbo said, leave it to FM and the illegal faction discord

if its THAT bad, then report them!

Edited by aldo
12 minutes ago, aldo said:

what does your character being robbed in a poverty ridden area have to do with illegal rp being bad?  maybe just dont go to that area?

as rumbo said, leave it to FM and the illegal faction discord

if its THAT bad, then report them!

"maybe just dont go to that area?"

Lower-incomed individuals should then reside within Vinewood, correct?

It wouldn't be an ethical idea to rob an individual in your own neighborhood, as it destroys future customers ICly and decreases RP OOCly and ICly. Furthermore, guides have displayed that modern-day sets are often in good or neutral relations with the local community based on the reason listed above. One cannot secure a long-term consumer if one robs them. Thus, to befriend them would increase the R.P. presence while providing the faction with a constant supply of consumer-based income on narcotics and prostitutes. In the end, mass armed robberies are probably the reason as to why those regions had declined in activity within the past six months.

P.S. These were not outsiders entering the neighborhood... these were residents within the same neighborhood.

Edit: I've reported one group, already. However, this thread is intended to form recommendations to improve illegal R.P.

Edited by DLimit

@DLimitHuge props to you for still putting it out. I'd probably be triggered at this point of repeating it this much. I feel like only way to avoid going back and forth with this is to actually make a guide and who ever has questions will just get linked to the guide. If you have time or will, we could put it together. Hmu if you're interested.

1 minute ago, HustlerCrips said:

@DLimitHuge props to you for still putting it out. I'd probably be triggered at this point of repeating it this much. I feel like only way to avoid going back and forth with this is to actually make a guide and who ever has questions will just get linked to the guide. If you have time or will, we could put it together. Hmu if you're interested.

Several guides already exist. I believe one is titled as "How to RP as a Latino Gangster" and the other one is "How to RP as a Black Gangster". In the end, I use those guides as a foundation for creating and roleplaying a character, while applying a few twists to make each character unique. 

Edited by DLimit

I'd recommend assessing the following guide as it seems to accurately portray how modern-day gangs function.

My favourite part: "Once you get your name known around the neighbourhood and the gang members/bangers know who you are, your character should always be trying to prove you’re down for the hood. THIS DOES NOT MEAN ATTACKING EVERYONE WHO STEPS FOOT INSIDE THE NEIGHBOURHOOD. Even though gang neighbourhoods are dangerous in real life, it's not really like that. In real life, a lot of people live in gang neighbourhoods but may not be affiliated with the gang - that doesn't mean they should get beaten up or threatened whenever they walk around. Even if they're not in the gang, they're still FROM THE HOOD which warrants them respect. In fact, a lot of people who manage to not fall into the life and get out of the hood are respected. If you were in a gang in real life, you'd still have friends in the hood who aren't in the gang. If you live in the hood, no one from the gang there should fuck with you unless you cause problems. It's stupid."

A second guide: 

My favourite part: "

Murder is, and should be the last thing on your mind while roleplaying a gang affiliate. Murder is extremely hard to get away with, and you should resort to beating people up instead. All the "OoOh GaNgS OnLy MuRdEr PeOPLe To ShOw DoMiNaNCe" is only relevant in modern music and is not at all the way gangsters act in real life, to some extent it is true but most of the time is a way different concept.

You should avoid relating your character's life to an artist's life. Majority of the time when you listen to a rap song, the artist is using something called hyperbole which is over egagerating things in a manner that would be unrealistic. Your character should be mindful of his actions and put his life in regard when contemplating a life as a gangster."

Edited by DLimit
On 11/21/2019 at 2:32 PM, Invictus said:

The first step to improve illegal roleplay standards is to remove gangs or at least watch them close. I got my reasons to hate gang roleplay.

Since 2013 I've watched roleplay evolve and improve but I haven't seen a single time gangs roleplaying properly and accordingly. Not back then and clearly not in 2019. The only research they've done so far are probably documentaries that are mostly based on what happened in 90s and how the mindset was back then. Probably 2000-2010 as well. I tried to understand gang roleplay myself but nope I just can't, it's not portrayed in a realistic way even 10%. But let's be honest now. Who still acts like they've seen a woman for the first time in their life? Who still goes around in a car blazing uzis left and right? Who still goes during the day in a public place to rob? I mean, you have guns, a car and you still rob for 50$. All of this is literally a death wish. I guess roleplaying that you still want your freedom is not as fun as going around with a reason to kill/provoke.

The only improvements I've seen and proper research is organized crime type of factions. They are way more human and act much more decent than the average "yo homie I'm a gangsta don't walk on mah street fuk da police" you see around sometimes.

"mallrats"

back to the topic then. 

(gangsters against gangsters) most of the time, i see people shoot over getting /robbed/. in my eyes, i'd only shoot someone if they robbed me with a gun, cause then i know its dangerous and what not. but if dude rob you with like 2-3 other people without any weapons, then you should just go and take your shit back without killing them, and rob them in the process, but hey that's just my opinion. also, you only see gangs shoot at other gangs when they're in deep territory, the outer skirts of a gang could be seen as weak, but the middle is where all the action would go down if the opposition slid through. but anyway, not gonna get into much detail. the more melee fights we have, the more enjoyable the faction role play would be, and that's how it's supposed to go, and let's at least role play those interactions instead of killing each other on sight. 

for all the mallrats or parkrats that go into the ghetto in their rich ass cars. stop complaining whenever you get robbed in broad daylight, when bro secludes the bag, realistically he'd be eating good for a whole month, and that's what "gangsters" want, don't they?

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, varrio bangin said:

Stick to a problem and solution, refrain from bashing each other or going back and fourth. That's primarily the reason why threads like these get closed. Agree to disagree and end it at that, there's no use to just filling the thread up with who's right and who's wrong.

Couldn't have said it better. Polite reminder that if the back and forth continues, straying from the point of the thread, it’ll be locked.

• Cara locked this topic