How to improve crime rp

Max3

5 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I believe that criminal factions should attempt to display the human aspect of each individual character rather than only engaging in crimes that involves weapons and narcotics. It should exceed beyond merely robbing individuals and engaging in gun fights, as each member possesses their own unique back-story and personality that could be displayed through alternative means. I.E. Taking a homegirl down to the beach on a date, a block party, gossip between set members, maybe a gang member having a friendly interaction with people outside of the set etc...

i can't even name a single person that doesn't already do this other than the obvious trolls that have been banned or are yet to be banned.

but if you are looking to see gang members take girls on a date, look at their character stories or look at a stream or spectate them or something. 

what does taking a girl on a date have to do with the faction thread?

Edited by aldo
2 minutes ago, aldo said:

i can't even name a single person that doesn't already do this other than the obvious trolls that have been banned or are yet to be banned.

It seems as-if the only solution to this issue would be for every single player to be dedicated towards constantly filing reports against those that possess poor R.P. standards. It's time to revive Davis as a hot-spot for high-quality R.P.

The Golden Age of "Davis LTD" and "Strawberry LTD" being open, 24/7.

Edited by DLimit
Just now, DLimit said:

It seems as-if the only solution to this issue would be for every single player to be dedicated towards constantly filing reports against those that possess poor R.P. standards. It's time to revive Davis as a hot-spot for high-quality R.P.

what? there's literally no problem with how it is right now

just be glad that it's populated atm

Edited by aldo
2 minutes ago, aldo said:

what? there's literally no problem with how it is right now

just be glad that it's populated atm

Examine the player reports... I wouldn't state that it is not problematic. It requires a lot of improvement. I've only been on this server for six months. Yet, it has declined since the collapse of Azteca and Ghetto Boyz, which limited amount of factions within the region alongside with constant poor-quality PKs, which are observed within the player reports.

Remember the days when Davis LTD and Strawberry LTD were opened, 24/7? We've descended since that period... It's time to recover.

You don't believe that it requires improvement?

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Examine the player reports... I wouldn't state that it is not problematic. It requires a lot of improvement. I've only been on this server for six months. Yet, it has declined since the collapse of Azteca and Ghetto Boyz, which limited amount of factions within the region alongside with constant poor-quality PKs, which are observed within the player reports.

You don't believe that it requires improvement?

it's always been the same, infact it's actually improved since then

let's stop talking about it though, still dragging on

just my opinion

Edited by aldo
5 minutes ago, aldo said:

it's always been the same, infact it's actually improved since then

It was ten times more active, with vehicles flooding the streets and stores being occupied with employees. In the process, my characters had possessed a lot of extremely interesting roleplay situations by just walking through Davis. It was honestly endless. One moment, you're rejected by a hooker lesbien. The next moment, you're smoking a spliff in a complex building with a member of Azteca. Then, another moment, you're cussing out an Asian woman for parking improperly... 

Davis was more active than Vespucci, at that time, and Vespucci had also possessed it's own unique R.P. during that period. Now, I cannot even rent a place without being robbed... the only R.P. seems to be robberies. Maybe I might've been unlucky, but it seems a lot of other players have also underwent the identical issues with Davis, as a whole.

EDIT: Yes, I've had positive encounters in Davis, as-well. But, they were minimal when compared to the time period listed above.

Edited by DLimit

My only rant on illegal RP is that I see far too many 'criminal' or ghetto characters coming into a gun store asking for a gun without a license, because sure, that happens a lot IRL? Like, no-one has a fear element of them being reported to the LSPD or anything just a 'ay, can you sell me a gun without a license?' this is far too common for me, ngl. 

10 minutes ago, Rumbunctious said:

LOL If you wanna talk about an activity problem in South Central I'll refer you to late summer 2018, at which time the only active gang was a black set on Jamestown... The entirety of Davis, Chamberlain and Strawberry were dead. The server's in a great spot now compared to that.

OT, what's the point of these threads? Every other day there's a new thread discussing the state of illegal RP, where it's the same group of people circlejerking over how great their RP is. 

It's a general discussion thread, intended for those to discuss these topics as they please without resorting to toxic behaviors. In the end, it's only detailing the notion that illegal R.P. needs to improve, alongside with suggesting examples of time periods in-which certain regions were heavily active with high-quality R.P.

It has declined since the Summer of 2019, which is why it still requires improvement.

Individuals share their experiences as examples, to potentially present ideas towards enhancing R.P. situations. Why is that problematic?

Edited by DLimit
18 minutes ago, Rumbunctious said:

the only active gang

There were multiple active and pretty decent gangs in Strawberry. You barely seen or heard of them due to how selective they were about their actual member base. Not talking about people from the neighborhood trying to kick it with them, but genuine members of the gang were hard to come by because of how terrible the selection of players were in that area to recruit from. 

Quantity does not always equal quality. Just because now the area is populated doesn't mean that it's any better than it was in 2018.

19 minutes ago, Rumbunctious said:

I didn't at any point in my 3-line long post use the word problematic, or infer that it was.

There's a reason Nervous wants to confine this discussion to the illegal discord; the people there don't constantly circlejerk about how great they are, and bad those around them are. They look inwards, they look at their own factions, and they say: "Right. What can we do here to improve?"

But these threads, of which there have been 9000 in the past two weeks, serve as platforms for people to complain and exaggerate their problems. 

Not to get into semantics, but there definitely was a time after Casa and Stevely Arms where there was neither quality nor quantity. In that case, I'd argue that while quality is certainly preferred over quantity, quantity is preferred over literally nothing happening. 

Otherwise you end up with a repeat of FiveRP - 25 players online, at most, who all believe they're the epitome of great RP.

You'd have to take into consideration that a public forum is generally necessary for those that aren't members of an illegal faction, yet function as civilian members that experience these situations on a day to day basis. It shouldn't be just limited to leaders or members of a faction discussing illegal R.P. when the entire server undergoes the effects of such R.P.

Feedback is required from all participants within the server to attain a greater grasp of the situation.

Edited by DLimit
  • Cara locked this topic