How to improve crime rp

Max3

19 minutes ago, aldo said:

yeah it’s not constant shootings every hour, but about the magdumping... only way to solve it is by making people less accurate... but I have no idea how that could be done

What exactly is the problem with magdumping? You seem to be the only one bringing it up so you want to explain how this is an issue?

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Invictus said:

The first step to improve illegal roleplay standards is to remove gangs or at least watch them close. I got my reasons to hate gang roleplay.

Since 2013 I've watched roleplay evolve and improve but I haven't seen a single time gangs roleplaying properly and accordingly. Not back then and clearly not in 2019. The only research they've done so far are probably documentaries that are mostly based on what happened in 90s and how the mindset was back then. Probably 2000-2010 as well. I tried to understand gang roleplay myself but nope I just can't, it's not portrayed in a realistic way even 10%. But let's be honest now. Who still acts like they've seen a woman for the first time in their life? Who still goes around in a car blazing uzis left and right? Who still goes during the day in a public place to rob? I mean, you have guns, a car and you still rob for 50$. All of this is literally a death wish. I guess roleplaying that you still want your freedom is not as fun as going around with a reason to kill/provoke.

The only improvements I've seen and proper research is organized crime type of factions. They are way more human and act much more decent than the average "yo homie I'm a gangsta don't walk on mah street fuk da police" you see around sometimes.

There is so many things wrong with what you just said and honestly it's a blatantly ignorant statement. I'm not gonna waste my time arguing with you though. I just want to let you know how ignorant what you just said is. Consider looking at some of the very quality gang factions that have been and are on the server for example Forum Drive Hustler Crips or Seaside Asian Boyz.

Edited by Benny Black
  • Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, Benny Black said:

There is so many things wrong with what you just said and honestly it's a blatantly ignorant statement. I'm not gonna waste my time arguing with you though. I just want to let you know how ignorant what you just said is. Consider looking at some of the very quality gang factions that have been and are on the server for example Forum Drive Hustler Crips or Seaside Asian Boyz.

While this isn't the greatest example, I'm still gonna drop it here since these were still way above current gang factions. So if anyone actually wanna get some sort of understanding, either go through this and then watch StreetTV interviews or hit my pms.

50 minutes ago, Henning said:

What exactly is the problem with magdumping? You seem to be the only one bringing it up so you want to explain how this is an issue?

like... most of the time in gang shootouts, nobody dies and they just get injured

and like no one would ever run across the street to put 5 in someones head in a big shootout.

i know i cant really talk as I have done it in the past, but now i’m ensuring that i dont or my members dont unless its a CK

1 hour ago, Benny Black said:

I'm not going to argue with you either. I've said what I wanted to say.

6 hours ago, aldo said:

there's probably been like 1 CK in the past month in Davis, so that isn't relevant to the IRL rate at all

should petty stuff keep going on like: X beats up A and posted a picture of it, exposing him... then A beats up X and does the same, then so on and so on instead of X or A coming back harder which would actually be more realistic than melee fighting all the time?

gun violence is a lot more common than what you think, just because less than whatever died in just a year or 4 months, doesn't mean gun crime isn't common.

if real gangs in LA use their guns as a sort of primary resort, why should we (gang rpers) use it as a last resort?

if a gang banger has a gun, he is going to use it... and it's not about oh what about the consequences etc.. until LSPD actually start putting people away for long periods of time, there aren't really any consequences other than the character's mental state, but that should only really happen when your character CK's someone and not PK's them.

but I get what you mean though, if shootings do happen.. both sides shouldn't mag dump into eachothers bodies like in LSRP, because that is unrealistic and most of the time nobody dies

I wouldn't even argue that gangs within L.A. utilize firearms as a primary resort, as the first negative or hostile interaction does not generally lead to utilizing the firearm. It has to escalate properly, meaning that that conflict has to develop, overtime, prior to resorting to the usage of a firearm. That argument could work in the 1980s or 1990s. However, in 2019, every thing begins with words. Then, it escalates to a fight. Then, they walk away (unless one person decides to pull out a blade). Once the blade or melee weapon is drawn, THAT is usually when one resorts to a firearm.  All in all, I'm arguing that conflict should escalate for weeks, not just a split second situation that leads to a PK.

11 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I wouldn't even argue that gangs within L.A. utilize firearms as a primary resort, as the first negative or hostile interaction does not generally lead to utilizing the firearm. It has to escalate properly, meaning that that conflict has to develop, overtime, prior to resorting to the usage of a firearm. That argument could work in the 1980s or 1990s. However, in 2019, every thing begins with words. Then, it escalates to a fight. Then, they walk away (unless one person decides to pull out a blade). Once the blade or melee weapon is drawn, THAT is usually when one resorts to a firearm.  All in all, I'm arguing that conflict should escalate for weeks, not just a split second situation that leads to a PK.

so what about the shootings over arguments? irl

10 minutes ago, aldo said:

so what about the shootings over arguments? irl

It's not as common as one would imagine. Examine any WorldStar video... Most fights usually involves both parties leaving the scene.

Edit: The population within Compton is 97,612. The region has only possessed 21 homicides in 2019. Despite 91% of the reported crimes involving firearms between 2000-2016, I'd proclaim that the non-firearm-related crimes remain highly unreported as it would generally involve fist fights between sets, which is actually more common than any thing. On a second note, these sets don't confront one another on a daily basis. Usually, they're "chillin' on the block" and enjoying the human aspects of life.

A PK is still a kill, by the way.

Edited by DLimit
7 minutes ago, DLimit said:

It's not as common as one would imagine. 

Edit: The population within Compton is 97,612. The region has only possessed 21 homicides in 2019. Despite 91% of the reported crimes involving firearms between 2000-2016, I'd proclaim that the non-firearm-related crimes remain highly unreported as it would generally involve fist fights between sets, which is actually more common than any thing. On a second note, these sets don't confront one another on a daily basis. Usually, they're "chillin' on the block" and enjoying the human aspects of life.

okay... but irl time does not equate to gta world time. 

9 minutes ago, aldo said:

okay... but irl time does not equate to gta world time. 

It is arguable, as certain individuals treat each day as a day while others treat each day as four days. Overall, though, I believe that criminal factions should attempt to display the human aspect of each individual character rather than only engaging in crimes that involves weapons and narcotics. It should exceed beyond merely robbing individuals and engaging in gun fights, as each member possesses their own unique back-story and personality that could be displayed through alternative means. I.E. Taking a homegirl down to the beach on a date, a block party, gossip between set members, maybe a gang member having a friendly interaction with people outside of the set etc...

At this rate, I'm observing tons of PKs within Davis on a daily basis, which could've been spent engaging in alternative forms of R.P., as-well. Although certain players do not perceive a day to be a day, the R.P. should be diversified.

EDIT: <<<=== I always enjoy using my first character, Ras, as an example... He was a Jamaican mob boss that had never utilized his firearm, at all, as he preferred to intimidate civilians with his arms crossed. At the most, he only pulled out his blade after asking an intoxicated member of Azteca to stop calling him a "N*gger". He didn't even have to swing the blade, once, as the person backed down. It then lead to the person apologizing, sincerely, directly in front of a group of younger Azteca gang members... In the end, they shook hands.

Then again, Ras was a fourty year-old ex-convict that was imprisoned for twenty-five years... different personality, altogether. 

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
  • Cara locked this topic