How to improve crime rp

Max3

As @Benny Black's forum went - let's discuss the way we, illegal factions, can improve .Lets discuss ways that we can improve, Illegal Factions, I am looking for genuine feed back. Not why guns and drugs should be cheaper but instead ways to improve roleplay in Illegal Factions, what are some things we can better the community as a whole in regards to Crime RP and create fun and exciting scenarios

@Olives93

A few things I'd like to see less are:

Cliques who just run around DMing and ignoring Fear RP, IE running into gang territory 1 vs ??? and thinking its okay to just open fire with semi-autos.

A few things id like to see more are: 

Crime RPers showing their human side, Family Oriented RP, Cook Outs, watching the Game on TV with a group of friends on your homies living room couch, we may be into crime, some of us have probably killed.. It doesnt change the fact that were still humans with basic needs. A lot of people get caught up in just selling dope and shooting that they forget that you and your group could chill out on your turf and grill out, maybe even mark that shit on the map as a house party. 

NOTE: When I say 'crime rp' I mean serious, official factions, not the certain cliques who don't even plan to get a thread rather just rob and kill until their LSRP server gets back up.

Do not come here and try to justify your factions killings, fuel ooc fires, trash admins for saying you’re rp isnt perfect, trash the new fm team, or anything besides list things we crimerpers can work on.

Edited by Max3
  • Upvote 1

If conflict arises, criminal roleplayers should utilize their firearm as a last resort. I'd recommend cursing and insulting each other combined with a bit of intimidation. If the verbal method doesn't cause one individual to leave the situation, then escalate it into a fist fight. What do I mean by a fist-fight? A roleplay-oriented one rather than a mechanic one, as it leads to more detail beyond "Oh, I got knocked out".

Another interesting aspect is the notion that any time that a person wields ANY form of weapon, it usually results in a fight that leads to death. Instead, feel intimidated by a blade and "back off".  

How about internal conflict that doesn't always result in a shoot-out? I.E. Slurs about X having sex with a prostitute or two males competing with each other to attain this one specific woman that they are both interested in.

In the end, manifest ideas and storylines that does not only revolve around narcotics and firearms. 

I would like to also point out that the murder-rate, within Davis, is higher than modern-day Compton, despite possessing less players than Compton, itself: https://homicide.latimes.com/neighborhood/compton 

I'd just like to point out, I've had at least seven characters that were armed within the past six months. Only one of them has ever actually used their firearm, and that was during an actual shoot-out that occurred during a war. 

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 6

Definitely agree that oftentimes the crime ridden areas of South Los Santos don't feel alive, more interaction in these illegal factions as family/communities goes a long way to make the roleplay so much more than just selling drugs, guns, and fighting over them. It also makes those things, when they do happen, have a much more pungent effect on everyone involved in that community.

Also agree that the escalation of violence is a bit dramatic, simple arguments turn into insults, which usually turns into a gunfight or whatever. Even if situations like that occur IRL, it's pretty poor roleplay, and there should definitely be more fear RP from everyone, as well as more less lethal means of settling issues.

This discussion seems to be focused more on the black and Hispanic street gangs in the South. I’ve personally had no problem with the quality of Roleplay from the organised crime factions, but you’re also less likely to see their roleplay because they do it a lot behind closed doors. 

I would agree that that high quality roleplay in areas like Chmaberlain has been lacking for months, I think the best solution is to bring some fresh blood who are willing to try their hand at a black gang while also having the dedication to keep the roleplay standards high.

Proper time and research going into a character before taking the dive goes a long way.  And like others said, using extreme violence as a last resort, don't necessarily go in to kill someone. On the flip side of this, react accordingly to extreme violence.  

Don't go around committing crimes because a person's bored OOC - each choice one makes should have purpose to the character and be born from the character's situation and current state of mind.  

And for the love of God, stop looting guns/etc unless people are in a more appropriate or secluded area for it. Standing in broad daylight trying to find 3g of coke on a dude you just shot while your gun's still hot is just beyond obnoxious. 

• Upvote 5
  • Applaud 1
59 minutes ago, KV said:

And for the love of God, stop looting guns/etc unless people are in a more appropriate or secluded area for it. Standing in broad daylight trying to find 3g of coke on a dude you just shot while your gun's still hot is just beyond obnoxious. 

Well I feel this goes both ways, if i was close range and he was shooting at me it’s more than likely that i’d be able to get the gun in less than two seconds if i killed him but yes, the stat motivated mindset is a large problem, both with criminal and noncriminal rp. 

The first step to improve illegal roleplay standards is to remove gangs or at least watch them close. I got my reasons to hate gang roleplay.

Since 2013 I've watched roleplay evolve and improve but I haven't seen a single time gangs roleplaying properly and accordingly. Not back then and clearly not in 2019. The only research they've done so far are probably documentaries that are mostly based on what happened in 90s and how the mindset was back then. Probably 2000-2010 as well. I tried to understand gang roleplay myself but nope I just can't, it's not portrayed in a realistic way even 10%. But let's be honest now. Who still acts like they've seen a woman for the first time in their life? Who still goes around in a car blazing uzis left and right? Who still goes during the day in a public place to rob? I mean, you have guns, a car and you still rob for 50$. All of this is literally a death wish. I guess roleplaying that you still want your freedom is not as fun as going around with a reason to kill/provoke.

The only improvements I've seen and proper research is organized crime type of factions. They are way more human and act much more decent than the average "yo homie I'm a gangsta don't walk on mah street fuk da police" you see around sometimes.

10 minutes ago, Invictus said:

Who still goes around in a car blazing uzis left and right? Who still goes during the day in a public place to rob?

Yeah, violent crime doesn’t happen anymore... Jokes aside Id rather you give me things that I can work with rather than the list of how we are all so bad so if you could just reply with the things you want done or ways we can do it it’d be helpful

4 minutes ago, Max3 said:

Yeah, violent crime doesn’t happen anymore... Jokes aside Id rather you give me things that I can work with rather than the list of how we are all so bad so if you could just reply with the things you want done or ways we can do it it’d be helpful

I never said you are all bad but over the years it's been the same thing, different name, same behavior. As for the improvements that's actually simple. Act like a normal human being, use common sense. Someone even said in some of the posts above about gathering your homies home and doing whatever you want to do (watching a movie, throwing a party etc.) or hanging out with your girls etc. I didn't say that crimes don't happen anymore, it's just people prefer to have fun rather than roleplaying realistically. When it comes to doing a crime, do it smart and have a reason behind it. Don't do it just because " it's fun " and you are oocly bored. Recently I've seen Facebrowser accounts popping up with weirdo names such as "SXS$$39OMIE" and I actually anticipated that this would happen sooner or later. The next thing I expect to happen is pictures with guns that have a description like "we poppin in davis yo". But anyway, there's a lot of things to do. Your character can be a successful rapper, a drug dealing lord that always gets away from PD, an informant, a small time thief that makes a living out of it and the list can continue. I think people would appreciate more stuff like that rather than the typical " I'm an OG ".

Properly developing a character before anything. Seen too many people create characters, and by the next week they're already toting assault rifles and pump shotguns like it's nothing. In my opinion every character should start off fresh. If I'm planning on portraying myself as a skinhead, I'm not going to make a character that splurges the N-word here and there with a bunch of political views out of nowhere. It has to come from somewhere. Same goes for Surenos who have a strong hatred for blacks or asians, or gang bangers suffering from PTSD and drug addiction. Every character shouldn't be as easily replaceable as they are now.

Unorganized or organized, people have to put more research into what they're trying to portray as a faction. I'm not talking highest of the high, I'm just speaking of a decent amount that gives you the picture that you must sketch inGame. If people adapted more to the modern times than they are now, it'd cut a lot of issues that I've seen play out time and time again.

A ton of people have an exaggerated idea on what "gangsters" do and how they conduct themselves, and it's only influencing others to follow in their path. Everybody within a faction in general should have their own unique story, and shouldn't be as replaceable as the next person in said faction. Every single person involved should bring their own unique personality and talent to the table, and should be in no way similar to the next person. That means that not everybody within a street gang has to be a drug dealer or a ruthless killer like so many people chase after on this server. It's like people think that gangs IRL are just full of drug addicted, PTSD having, mass murdering, emotionless killers when it's everything but that.

When a faction's conducting itself as a street gang, they should move about as such. It's set in stone that you're a street gang, act like it.

Violence has to bunker down too. The sync for fighting is completely raggedy at the moment but it doesn't excuse for all the senseless shooting going on at all sides, unorganized or organized. It's not as bad as it was before, at least to me, but it's still there. Melee in itself is just getting stupid, you have people carrying around wrenches in their draws and baseball bats in their backpacks everywhere they go.

With all that being said, a lot of civilians have to know their place. I've been in countless situations where civs just walk up to a group of 5 during the dark of night asking for directions or just sparking up a random conversation. You have people driving up in expensive vehicles in the ghetto, then get wide-eyed when they're directly targeted for their possessions. If you're a civilian, act like it. No one in their right mind would drive all the way to the hood in a expensive ass car to cop a quick 5g, especially if they don't know anybody. If you know you have a higher probability of being robbed or shot in said neighborhood, why wouldn't you take precautions to better your chances on not being killed? I've never gotten that. Ever.

• Upvote 4
  • Cara locked this topic