The Future of Government

HaveADream

1 hour ago, UTOPIA said:

As far as I'm aware as politics go, right now the foundation is being laid for municipal politics, district representatives are being chosen and placed into whatever corresponding districts remain, the western & eastern districts have both been taken, and the two standing district representatives are Kent Marshall & Daniel Zavala. If you're looking to work for the government outside the realm of politics, you should try reaching out here: https://gov-forum.gta.world/viewforum.php?f=238 Ultimately parties are made for support, funding, and organization; and there is nothing stopping anybody from trying to obtain these positions as independents or as representatives of more fringe parties.

How are people currently going about getting representative positions? Who are they going to? I'd like to get involved.

(Also, who is doing the Republican Party?)

6 hours ago, Kestalas said:

I honestly haven't seen any specifics on what exactly they are running for, so I honestly don't know. Fairly certain they wanted representatives at the city level to represent specific districts around Los Santos as seen here: https://gov.gta.world/electedofficials

" Members of the City Council are elected and represent the voices of their constituents who have entrusted their councillor with the future of our local community. "

I could be 100% wrong, lol. Just going off of what I've seen so far. Makes more sense to establish it at the city level, considering we're only role playing in Los Santos. Maybe @Brett could provide some clarification since he handles some of the State level affairs. I'm not sure.

Tagging @Mecovy too, since he's part of the Republican party and it's the first name that came to mind lol.

Sorry, maybe I'm just tired and not seeing it. What exactly would you like my clarification on here? 

6 hours ago, Merlinsclaw said:

How are people currently going about getting representative positions? Who are they going to? I'd like to get involved.

(Also, who is doing the Republican Party?)

I'd be interested in forming a Republican Party. However, my character would only represent the Blaine County Region.

10 hours ago, Kestalas said:

I'm fairly certain they are supposed to be city politicians, not even state level. So even more specific than that. What their policies will affect is the city of Los Santos / surrounding counties, not the entirety of San Andreas. Remember you have Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas which make up the state of San Andreas. I've already seen some party platforms talking about state-wide benefits which makes no sense. Please someone from the Government faction correct me if I'm wrong here.

I'm in the government faction. Eventually from my perspective the aim is state level administration but that's unknown at the moment and depends on a lot of variables. At the moment, like you said, it's state level.

If anyone is interested in joining either government or the Democrats, message me and I'll help you out.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, HaveADream said:

I'm in the government faction. Eventually from my perspective the aim is state level administration but that's unknown at the moment and depends on a lot of variables. At the moment, like you said, it's state level.

If anyone is interested in joining either government or the Democrats, message me and I'll help you out.

Same here! If you'd like to join the republican party, reach out to me or @Merlinsclaw

I'd love to see Blaine County and Los Santos be separated by Government officials. 

I think realistically, the people from Blaine County would have a different outlook on life from the people in Los Santos. Having played a country-bumpkin in the past, I know her ideals wouldn't match up with certain things pushed by the LS government. Could open an interesting dynamic with elections and voting - public campaigns to try and get voters on their side. I love the idea!

8 hours ago, Brett said:

Sorry, maybe I'm just tired and not seeing it. What exactly would you like my clarification on here? 

No worries, the others got to it ?

Ultimately, I do hope that whoever is accepted by FM (from all parties), makes a requirement that these characters will be main characters. No alternates. I understand people have alternates, but I think the only way to make this work is as other people said, activity. Please make an active effort to require frequent activity, both in-game and out of game (FB, IC forum posts, communication, etc) from your staff.

Government is more than just elections, though. We need more than just inter-party politics, we need functioning departments within the city government. The only thing I've seen functioning as of yet is the Department of Finance, giving out contracts and loans and business arrangements etc. There's no public services or programs. Things like maintenance, transport, utilities to list a few are all ways of producing immersive roleplay and I haven't seen any effort to get these off the ground and integrated into GTA W's RP. 

As for the state-level government, I think it's being run really well. There legislative section and courts are definitely active; there's not much more state can do except hold elections etc. 

Edited by Duke